Converting Revolutions to Radians Per Second

• Thread starter hotmail590
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Rev
In summary, the formula for converting rev to rad/s is rad/s = rev * 2π. Rev and rad are two different units of measurement for angles, where rev is equal to 360 degrees and rad is equal to 2π radians. The conversion can be used for both clockwise and counterclockwise rotations and is significant in scientific research for more precise measurements. The specific unit for rotational speed is rad/s, commonly used in scientific calculations involving rotational motion.
hotmail590
Hello I have a question about converting rev to rad/s.

If i had 1.13 revolutions for every 2.08s, how do I convert that into rad/s?

1.13rev/2.08s * 2pi ?

Thank you for you help.

Physics news on Phys.org
[tex] 1 \ \mbox{rev}=2\pi \ \mbox{rad} [/tex] is all u need to know.

Daniel.

I do not quite understand 1 rev = 2pi rad. I have 1.13 rev per 2.08 seconds. So would 1.13/2.08 = rev? and then take that and multiply 2pi?

[tex] \frac{1.13 \ \mbox{rev}}{2.08 \ \mbox{s}}=\frac{1.13\cdot 2\pi \ \mbox{rad}}{2.08 \ \mbox{s}}=\frac{1.13\cdot 2\pi}{2.08} \cdot \frac{\mbox{rad}}{\mbox{s}} [/tex]

Daniel.

What is the formula for converting rev to rad/s?

The formula for converting rev to rad/s is:
rad/s = rev * 2π

What is the difference between rev and rad?

Rev and rad are two different units of measurement for angles. Rev (revolution) is a measure of angle where one full rotation is equal to 360 degrees. Rad (radian) is a measure of angle where one full rotation is equal to 2π radians.

Can rev to rad/s conversion be used for both clockwise and counterclockwise rotations?

Yes, the rev to rad/s conversion can be used for both clockwise and counterclockwise rotations. The formula remains the same regardless of the direction of rotation.

What is the significance of converting rev to rad/s in scientific research?

Converting rev to rad/s is important in scientific research because it allows for more precise and accurate measurements of rotational speed. Radians are used in many scientific calculations and by converting rev to rad/s, the measurements become more compatible with other units of measurement.

Is there a specific unit for rotational speed?

Yes, the unit for rotational speed is rad/s. This unit is commonly used in scientific research and calculations involving rotational motion.