Perhaps a world record for the shortest visit to Disneyland.

• Thread starter Integral
  • Start date
In summary: Sun!, etc). Needless to say I would not recommend DL to anyone!In summary, our last day in Disneyland was cut short because of a 90F day in Anaheim. It seemed that this was the day that the locals had been waiting for, they showed up in droves, and us poor Northwesters, who show up in early May to AVOID such days, were melting. So after one trip through Grizzly Rapids, then my wife and I did the Bugs Life 3d movie while the kids went through the Tower of Terror (twice) it was decided to call it a day (about 2hrs in California Park and not even getting into DL proper). We went back to the Hotel, the kids went
Integral
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Our last day in Disneyland was cut short because of a 90F day in Anaheim. It seemed that this was the day that the locals had been waiting for, they showed up in droves, and us poor Northwesters, who show up in early May to AVOID such days, were melting. So after one trip through Grizzly Rapids, then my wife and I did the Bugs Life 3d movie while the kids went through the Tower of Terror (twice) it was decided to call it a day (about 2hrs in California Park and not even getting into DL proper). We went back to the Hotel, the kids went swimming and I sat in somewhat of a fume, playing solitaire, while the wife watched TV.

Thanks to our daughter, we did go back in that evening to watch the fireworks.

But that is not the shortest visit.

It was Saturday morning and we were packed up ready to start the drive north, when I happened to mention the Pineapple Whip that the wife and I shared Monday while the kids were off on a ride. Suddenly, my daughters eyes began to well with tears. When questioned, it was revealed that she really wanted one of those Pineapple Whips. WE did have 1 day left on our 3 day passes so we could have all gone in, put we had ~1000 mile drive ahead (927mi to be exact) and I really wanted to get on the road. Also it is now $10 to park in the DL parking lot. So my wife came up with the scheme that one of us that could walk fast would be dropped off at the entrance, go in buy the Pineapple Whips (it was decided that since the sucker (me) had 2 hands that I should bring back 2!). Just how long would it take to get into DL, buy the Whips and get back out. Our guess ranged from an optimistic half hour to a full hour. Well it was done, I was dropped off at the pedestrian entrance and headed in. There is a first line of bag inspections that since I was alone and carrying nothing I was able to get through in less then 5min. Then came the ticket taking line, again I got in a good one and in less then 15min from the time I got out of the car was inside the park. Now it was an open field fast walk, dodging baby carriages, aimlessly wondering tourists etc. Fortunately the Tiki Lodge where this stuff is sold is just off the end of Main Street. Also since it was early the line was short, so in about 20min from the car I had the 2 Dole Pineapple Whips in hand.

Oh yeah, You may be wondering.. Just what is a Dole Pineapple Whip? Essentially it is Pineapple soft serve Ice cream. Which is very refreshing, if you like Pineapple, which I don't !

Now here I am in Disneyland with a dish of Soft serve Ice Cream in each hand, it is getting on to 90F again, and you all know what soft serve Ice Cream does in that kind of heat. Of course they piled it up high so the actual volume of liquid Ice Cream EXCEEDED the Volume of the container. I made one quick stop to mash it down as much as possible and bee lined out of the park, again open field fast walk dodging the same darn baby strollers and more gawking tourist, only this time with a rapidly melting dish of soft serve Ice Cream in each hand. Naturally within a minute or 2 I was leaving a sticky trail of Pineapple soft serve ice cream in my wake. The good thing was that people who saw me coming started getting out the way! The upshot in something less the a half hour after entering the park I was standing in the hot sun on sidewalk outside of DL waiting for my wife to drive by. Essentially I had succeeded in the absolute minimum time estimate for getting in and out. Now the trouble came. Seems that wife did not believe that such a trip was possible, she had parked somewhere and was WAITING. After a half hour (I was at the corner, holding 2 melting dishes of very sticky ice cream at that time) the kids thought that they should check, wife says, not yet he can't possibly be out! She waited 45 min before coming to get me. That 20min to 1 half hour I spent standing on the sidewalk was perhaps the longest I have ever experienced. You can imagine the looks and comments I was getting, (you should be standing in the shade!... Right, were in the world was I supposed to find shade?)

That must be a worlds record for the shortest stay in Disneyland.

BTW: even after +45mins buried in the melted liquid was a core of still frozen Ice Cream.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
When we moved to Oregon, 90 was a nice day and 50 was freezing. Now I'm whining if it hits 75; and at 50 degrees ambient, the jacket usually stays in the house. And I never use an umbrella any more.

I can now completely appreciate just how miserable you were. And try the Sac valley at 110F +. :yuck: I have family down there, but I hate to even visit in the spring or summer.

Integral, I'm just glad you survived to tell the tale. Wife drive by's can be pretty messy things here.

Here in phoenix, Az it gets over 110 degrees each summer. I think it was almost 120 last year

Ha ha, Integral, that's so mean that they sent in the one person who doesn't even like pineapple! I guess that was to ensure you wouldn't eat their share before getting back to the car, though at least someone who liked it could have kept up with the melting mess.

So by taking too long to get back in the car, you let the homes of hundreds of microbes melt??! And left your family starve?? for shame...

http://www.grist.org/comments/soapbox/2002/04/19/world_melt.gif
Those poor microbes... :frown:

Last edited by a moderator:
Integral said:
Suddenly, my daughters eyes began to well with tears. When questioned, it was revealed that she really wanted one of those Pineapple Whips. . . .

. . . . Now here I am in Disneyland with a dish of Soft serve Ice Cream, it is getting on to 90F again, and you all know what soft serve Ice Cream does in that kind of heat. Of course they piled up high so the actual volume of liquid Ice Cream EXCEEDED the Volume of the container. I made one quick stop to mash it down as much as possible and bee lined out of the park, again open field fast walk dodging the same darn baby strollers and more gawking tourist, only this time with a rapidly melting dish of soft serve Ice Cream in each hand. Naturally within a minute or 2 I was leaving a sticky trail of Pineapple soft serve ice cream in my wake. The good thing was that people who saw me coming started getting out the way! The upshot in something less the a half hour after entering the park I was standing in the hot sun on sidewalk outside of DL waiting for my wife to drive by. Essentially I had succeeded in the absolute minimum time estimate for getting in and out. Now the trouble came. Seems that wife did not believe that such a trip was possible, she had parked somewhere and was WAITING. After a half hour (I was at the corner, holding 2 melting dishes of very sticky ice cream at that time) the kids thought that they should check, wife says, not yet he can't possibly be out! She waited 45 min before coming to get me. That 20min to 1 half hour I spent standing on the sidewalk was perhaps the longest I have ever experienced. You can imagine the looks and comments I was getting, (you should be standing in the shade!... Right, were in the world was I supposed to find shade?)
What a dad! :approve: That's what dad's are for. :biggrin:

Way to go Integral!

Psst - Father's day is coming up. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Astronuc said:
Psst - Father's day is coming up. :biggrin:
You should go back to disneyland have your wife get the whip as a father's day present. :biggrin: If that's too expensive, park about a mile away from the baskin robin's.

For someone who doesn't even live here that is definitely a very short stay. My parents like to go for the fireworks on the Fourth of July and sometimes even go in so they can go to particular resteraunts for dinner or lunch.

Moonbear said:
Ha ha, Integral, that's so mean that they sent in the one person who doesn't even like pineapple! I guess that was to ensure you wouldn't eat their share before getting back to the car, though at least someone who liked it could have kept up with the melting mess.
Yeah, if this stuff had been edible, as in anything chocolate or even a good berry flavor there would not have been a bit left. It Was HOT and I was sweating like crazy, couldn't even wipe my brow!

You can bet I let them have both barrels when they finally arrived, but they had me laughing about it very shortly. What a sticky mess it was!

yomamma said:
You should go back to disneyland have your wife get the whip as a father's day present. :biggrin: If that's too expensive, park about a mile away from the baskin robin's.
I'll have to see if I can leverage this into something good for Fathers Day, though for me it will have to be chocolate!

What is the world record for the shortest visit to Disneyland?

The current world record for the shortest visit to Disneyland is 10.5 seconds.

Who holds the world record for the shortest visit to Disneyland?

The record is held by Christian and Michaela Ecklund, who visited Disneyland in 2019 and were able to enter and leave the park in just 10.5 seconds.

How did Christian and Michaela Ecklund set the world record for the shortest visit to Disneyland?

The Ecklunds used a specialized strategy to quickly enter and exit the park, which included purchasing their tickets in advance, arriving at the park entrance early, and having a pre-determined exit route planned.

Can anyone attempt to break the world record for the shortest visit to Disneyland?

Yes, anyone can attempt to break the record as long as they follow the rules and guidelines set by the Guinness World Records organization. However, it may require careful planning and coordination to achieve such a short visit.

Is it possible to have an even shorter visit to Disneyland?

Technically, it is possible to have a shorter visit than 10.5 seconds, but it would be difficult to prove and officially record. The rules state that the visit must include entering and exiting through a designated park entrance and being fully inside the park for at least ten seconds.