Simplest Pulsejet Under Rs.110 - Easy to Build and Start | Watch Video Now!

• Thread starter ganuganu
  • Start date
In summary, This conversation is about a simple and cost-effective pulsejet engine that has a good throttling range. The speaker has provided a video demonstration and invites others to reply if they want to make the same design. Another person, George, expresses interest in seeing the dimensions and plans for the engine. The speaker responds that this is a valveless design and shares the required dimensions and materials. They also mention the engine's strong thrust and their plans to measure it accurately in the future. The conversation ends with a note about the engine getting damaged during the demonstration.
ganuganu
This is the simplest pulsejet you could make and costs only Rs.110 and has got a good throttling range,which you could see in the video..No need to strain much to start this engine it starts in a single attempt..If anyone need to make this design please reply here..Thanks for watching see you all in the next pulsejet video..

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
This is great! I remember as a kid trying to build a reed pulsejet... Got as far as cutting the reeds by coating spring steel w/ paint and scribing lines / reverse electrolysis machining the metal.

I'd be interested in seeing dimensions / plans - perhaps I can build one for fun one day!

Thanks,

George

xexorz said:
This is great! I remember as a kid trying to build a reed pulsejet... Got as far as cutting the reeds by coating spring steel w/ paint and scribing lines / reverse electrolysis machining the metal.

I'd be interested in seeing dimensions / plans - perhaps I can build one for fun one day!

Thanks,

George
this is valveless so no problem for us,no need to make valves:cool:..here is the design..All dimensions are in cm..Those are standard pipes so readily available in markets..:smile:

note: place the inlet fuel pipe at a depth of 4.3cm into the intake pipe..The fuel pipe dia is 3mm..

Attachments

• SSI.jpg
    SSI.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 374
this has really got good thrust,tried to show an cloth near it but i was not able to do it,so much of force from the exhaust pipe..one day i will hook it up to a scale and find out the real thrust..

note: at the end when i tried to show a cardboard the engine got few holes in the welded parts..

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is a pulsejet and how does it work?

A pulsejet is a type of jet engine that uses a combustion process to create a series of rapid explosions, or pulses, to produce thrust. It works by drawing air into a combustion chamber, igniting it, and then releasing the hot gases out the back of the engine, creating a forward thrust.

2. How is "Another simplest pulsejet" different from other pulsejets?

"Another simplest pulsejet" is a variation of the traditional pulsejet design that uses a simpler and more compact combustion chamber. It also has a different exhaust configuration which helps to reduce noise levels.

3. What are the advantages of using "Another simplest pulsejet"?

The main advantage of "Another simplest pulsejet" is its simplicity and ease of construction. It also has a smaller size and weight compared to other pulsejets, making it suitable for use in smaller aircraft or other applications.

4. Are there any limitations or drawbacks to using "Another simplest pulsejet"?

One limitation of "Another simplest pulsejet" is that it may not be as efficient as other pulsejets, which can affect its overall performance. It also produces a loud noise, which may be a concern for some applications.

5. How can "Another simplest pulsejet" be used in practical applications?

"Another simplest pulsejet" can be used in various applications such as unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), model aircraft, and as a source of propulsion for small vehicles. It can also be used for research and experimentation purposes in the field of jet propulsion.