Support PF: Buy on Amazon.com from here

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, Physics Forums has opened an affiliate account with Amazon.com. This allows 5% of any purchase you make to be sent to Physics Forums. This is a neat idea, and is just another way that Physics Forums is helping to support itself.
Physics Forums has opened an affiliate account with Amazon.com

5% of any purchase you make is sent to Physics Forums. Think about buying your textbooks or electronics... anything here.

Just click this link and the tracking system will register that PF sent you. Or click any Amazon link anywhere you find it on PF. The tracking will be added. Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com

Last edited:
Likes rudransh verma, KedarMhaswade, Klystron and 9 others
Physics news on Phys.org
Neat idea, Greg! :smile:

But can we have an easier-to-find link …

perhaps in the Search drop-down menu?​

Likes scottdave
tiny-tim said:
Neat idea, Greg! :smile:

But can we have an easier-to-find link …

perhaps in the Search drop-down menu?​

Not really a big feature. Just keep it in mind next time you want to purchase something.

I just saw this again yesterday, I buy a ton of stuff from amazon!

Likes sophiecentaur
This is neat.
First thing I see is a book we just bought. The Coming Revolution [Rabbi Zamir Cohen] Hardcover
We ran out and bought this book on the recomendation of someone in the ultra orthodox jewish community in response to my posting about the "UFO" over the Dome of the Rock in Israel a couple months ago.
We do NOT recommend this book if you have any Science or Torah background. I should have expected as much, it ws recomended by a woman in that community. They do not learn. It is a picture book.
However if you are looking for crock-s, there is a nice selection on the right hand side of that page. :smile:
Best

Is this why viglink is running on this site?

Shoot, I have to start remembering about this. I use amazon a lot.

Likes sophiecentaur
I buy a ton from amazon. You're going to be rich!

Likes sophiecentaur
I wish I had known about this earlier; I buy nearly all my books from amazon.

If I were to earn physicsforums fifteen dollars or more through amazon could I be considered a contributor?

206PiruBlood said:
I wish I had known about this earlier; I buy nearly all my books from amazon.

If I were to earn physicsforums fifteen dollars or more through amazon could I be considered a contributor?

Sure :). Just pm me the products and I'll double check

Wow 6 procent is a lot, nice idea!

You state 'text books or electronics' but I take the products don't have to be about science?

Will this work through amazon.com?

Wow, never knew about this until the mass email about the login issues.

...and I just bought ~$200 of books from amazon 2 weeks back. Dang.

mr. vodka said:
Wow 6 procent is a lot, nice idea!

You state 'text books or electronics' but I take the products don't have to be about science?

Correct, anything.

Nihilist said:
Will this work through amazon.com?

I think so, maybe I'll post the link here next to the US link.

queenofbabes said:
Wow, never knew about this until the mass email about the login issues.

...and I just bought ~$200 of books from amazon 2 weeks back. Dang.

No problem, just keep it in mind for next semester :)

Redbelly98 said:
Shoot, I have to start remembering about this.

Greg Bernhardt said:
... just keep it in mind for next semester :)

Yea. I need to have my daughter do this. So for us old folks the can't remember things, maybe you should bump this ever now and again. Here, early to mid August would be a good time.

dlgoff said:
Yea. I need to have my daughter do this. So for us old folks the can't remember things, maybe you should bump this ever now and again. Here, early to mid August would be a good time.

Yeah I know, unfortunately I was away traveling last half of august. Bump! :)

Greg, for PF to get a commission from Amazon, do you have to use one of the links from PF and then add items to your cart? Or can you just go to Amazon from PF and then place an order already filled out?

jhae2.718 said:
Greg, for PF to get a commission from Amazon, do you have to use one of the links from PF and then add items to your cart? Or can you just go to Amazon from PF and then place an order already filled out?

Use the link and then add items, yes. thanks!

Dang, I forgot about this when I bought my TV ~6 months ago. That would have been a good one.

And my textbooks last semester...

But I'll remember this time!*
*I can only use the link if I'm still a member, when you read this post and think about banning me.

I just (attempted) to order my textbooks on Amazon using the PF link.

I always forget to do this! :mad:
Well, now that I've posted here I'm subscribed to this thread. Hopefully it'll pop up enough to drive it into my brain.

jhae2.718 said:
I just (attempted) to order my textbooks on Amazon using the PF link.

Great! Thanks!

ArcanaNoir said:
I always forget to do this! :mad:
Well, now that I've posted here I'm subscribed to this thread. Hopefully it'll pop up enough to drive it into my brain.

Yay! :smile:

I just made a purchase that was ~$150 using the PF link :approve:!

How about amazon.com, amazon\..* ?

Likes andisho
lisab said:
I just made a purchase that was ~$150 using the PF link :approve:!

Awesome Lisa!

DrDu said:
How about amazon.com, amazon\..* ?

Yes but I need to add it to the link list. Which do you need? :)

I don't mean to be contrarian here, but, would you please consider a deal with "brick-and-mortar" stores, instead of virtual ones next time ?

My reason for this is the following: stores like B&N , the former Borders, Starbucks, etc., provide me not only with a product, but also allow me to sit in and hang-out for hours for the price of a cup of coffee--however expensive; it is a cover charge. With online stores, I get a product, and that's it. Moreover, I like being able to walk in the city and see people in stores; if too many people support online stores vs. physical ones, down-towns will start emptying out. Then again, this depends on whether one does care about having lively down-towns and lively streets. I love hanging out at these places, but they depend on one's business to remain open.

I would understand if you live in a faraway place and/or a small town, that Amazon would be convenient, since there aren't many other choices, but, otherwise, if one wants places to hang-out in, it may be a good idea to support them.

WWGD said:
I don't mean to be contrarian here, but, would you please consider a deal with "brick-and-mortar" stores, instead of virtual ones next time ?

How is it going to help PF if I setup a deal with the local Italian grocery store at the end of my block? Are you going to come and visit and buy something from there? :)

Well, I was hoping for a deal that would help both , say, with Barnes and Noble or some other global store that also has a physical presence . I don't know if B&N could do an arrangement with you like the one you did with Amazon; that way bums like me would have a place to hang out in :) .

WWGD said:
Well, I was hoping for a deal that would help both , say, with Barnes and Noble or some other global store that also has a physical presence . I don't know if B&N could do an arrangement with you like the one you did with Amazon; that way bums like me would have a place to hang out in :) .

B&N works too! :)
http://www.barnesandnoble.com

If you let me know how to help PF by buying at B&N , I will gladly do it. Please let me know.

WWGD said:
If you let me know how to help PF by buying at B&N , I will gladly do it. Please let me know.

Anytime you need to buy anything from B&N, click that link and PF gets 6% :)

But this is still online buying. I think WWGD wants some arrangement where he walks into a store in person, and can indicate somehow that PF encouraged him to go there. But I'm not sure how that would or even could work.