Just need to be pointed in the right direction

• Thread starter rx-[7]
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Direction
In summary, being pointed in the right direction means receiving guidance or advice on how to accomplish a goal or solve a problem. It is important because it can save time and effort, and lead to more efficient and successful outcomes. Determining the right direction involves researching, seeking advice, and evaluating options. Common methods for being pointed in the right direction include consulting with mentors, conducting experiments, seeking feedback, and conducting research. However, potential challenges may include conflicting advice, limited resources, and personal biases.
rx-[7]
need help with a question
#Q4. its at the top of the page at

http://www.tzivonim.com/~mypics/2.gif

I honestly am just totally stumped, i don't know where to start, i have looked through all my notes and i can't find a thing to help me.

the only think i can gather is
a:
Pb = 15Pd
but i don't know how to work out Tb
(that is if Pb is the vertex, if it is where is the other one?)

If its possible to help me thank you very much

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Please do not double post.

Hi there,

It's great that you're reaching out for help with this question. From what you've shared, it seems like you're trying to solve for the value of Tb. To do this, you'll need to use the information given in the image and apply it to the formula for parabolas.

First, let's identify the key components of the parabola. The vertex, or the highest/lowest point on the curve, is represented by the point (Pb, Tb). The other point on the parabola is the focus, which is represented by (Pd, 0). The equation for a parabola in standard form is y = a(x-h)^2 + k, where (h,k) is the vertex and a is a constant.

In this case, we can assume that the vertex is the highest point on the curve, so it will have a value of (15, Tb). The focus, which is located on the x-axis, will have a value of (Pd, 0). We can also assume that the parabola is facing upwards, so the value of a will be positive.

Using this information, we can plug in the values for the points into the standard form equation and solve for Tb. It may also be helpful to plot the points on a graph to visualize the parabola.

I hope this helps point you in the right direction. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need further assistance. Good luck!

What does it mean to be pointed in the right direction?

Being pointed in the right direction means receiving guidance or advice on how to accomplish a goal or solve a problem.

Why is it important to be pointed in the right direction?

It is important to be pointed in the right direction because it can save time and effort by avoiding mistakes and dead ends, and it can lead to more efficient and successful outcomes.

How can one determine the right direction?

Determining the right direction can involve researching and gathering information, seeking advice from experts or experienced individuals, and critically evaluating potential options and their potential outcomes.

What are some common methods for being pointed in the right direction?

Common methods for being pointed in the right direction include consulting with mentors or colleagues, conducting experiments or trials, seeking feedback and advice, and conducting thorough research.

What are some potential challenges when trying to be pointed in the right direction?

Some potential challenges when trying to be pointed in the right direction include conflicting advice or information, limited resources or expertise, and personal biases or preferences.