Want to Build a Fun 'Physics' Gun?

• Thread starter Adrian Baker
  • Start date
In summary, if you're looking for a fun project, you can build a 'Physics' Gun using bits of hardware. You can find these bits lying around the lab or you can unwind an old motor for wire. If you're feeling adventurous, you can also try building a Class IV CO2 Laser or a ruby rod laser, both of which are sure to impress your students and keep them engaged in Physics class.
Adrian Baker
If so, build a fun 'Physics' Gun from a few bits of hardware!

Click me

Have fun.

Physics news on Phys.org
Ahh Adrian... where can I get some of these parts?

Bits lying around the Lab. Unwind an old motor if you need wire!

Is this what you teach your students? :uhh:

If you're that bored, why not skip the old stuff and go straight to the Class IV CO2 Laser. Guaranteed to keep the fire department, local police and parents in a foaming frenzy:

http://www.amazing1.com/burning-lasers.htm

Or if you're ambitious, try the ruby rod laser- hand held and operates on 8 "D" batteries

take that one in for science class :wink:

http://www.futurehorizons.net/laser.htm [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
recon said:
Is this what you teach your students? :uhh:

Of course! If you want to try to interest the students in Physics classes you have to make it exciting (to the non-physicist types anyway).

What causes boredom?

Boredom can be caused by a lack of stimulation or challenge, a feeling of disinterest or detachment, or a sense of unfulfillment or purposelessness.

How can I overcome boredom?

There are many ways to overcome boredom, such as finding a new hobby or activity, setting goals and challenges for yourself, connecting with others, or engaging in mindfulness and relaxation techniques.

Is boredom harmful?

In general, occasional feelings of boredom are not considered harmful. However, if boredom becomes chronic or leads to unhealthy behaviors, it can have negative effects on mental and physical health.

Can boredom be beneficial?

Some research suggests that boredom can lead to increased creativity and problem-solving skills, as well as a deeper understanding of oneself and one's values.

How can I prevent boredom?

To prevent boredom, it can be helpful to maintain a healthy balance of work and leisure activities, regularly challenge yourself and try new things, and cultivate a positive mindset and outlook on life.