Problem with NEGF in real space

• Thread starter msmzarg
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Space
In summary, the conversation is about a Ph.D. student's interest in using CNT and GNR MOSFETs for their research. They have successfully simulated GNR MOSFET in mode space method, but encountered a problem when trying to switch to real space simulation. The attached file contains details of the simulation algorithm and the issue with calculating electron density. The student is asking for guidance in solving this problem, specifically regarding coupling with a Poisson solver and how to handle Vg and bias in the MOSFETs.
msmzarg
Hello
I am a Ph.D. Student that my interesting issue is CNT and GNR MOSFETs.
I used NEGF simulating GNR MOSFET in mode space method. But when I tried to change my simulation method to real space I encountered a problem in calculating electron density.
Details of simulation algorithm and the problem have been shown in attached file.
Would you please guide me to solve this problem?
Sincerely
Reza

Attachments

• my algorithm for NEGF.pdf
    98.5 KB · Views: 308
Physics news on Phys.org
Are you coupling with a poisson solver? If so, how does that look?
How are you handling Vg and Bias in the MOSFETs?

Sorry, I'm not too much of an expert in NEGF...

1. What is NEGF in real space?

NEGF stands for Non-Equilibrium Green's Function and it is a theoretical framework used in condensed matter physics to study the electronic transport properties of materials. In real space, NEGF is used to analyze the behavior of electrons and their interactions in a solid material.

2. What is the main problem with NEGF in real space?

The main problem with NEGF in real space is the computational complexity and the lack of analytical solutions for many systems. This makes it difficult to accurately model and predict the behavior of materials, especially those with complex structures or interactions.

3. How is NEGF in real space different from other methods?

NEGF in real space differs from other methods, such as tight-binding or density functional theory, in that it takes into account non-equilibrium conditions and the interactions between electrons. This allows for a more comprehensive understanding of the electronic properties of materials.

4. What are some applications of NEGF in real space?

NEGF in real space has many applications in the field of condensed matter physics, including the study of electronic transport in semiconductors, quantum dots, and nanowires. It is also used in the development of electronic devices, such as transistors and solar cells.

5. What are some potential solutions to the problem with NEGF in real space?

One potential solution to the problem with NEGF in real space is the use of approximations and simplifications to reduce the computational complexity. Another solution is the development of new algorithms and techniques to improve the accuracy and speed of calculations. Additionally, advancements in computer technology and parallel computing can also help overcome the challenges of NEGF in real space.