Exploring the Relationship Between Gravity and Quantum Magnetism

In summary, the conversation discusses various theories and explanations for gravity, including the Pauli exclusion theorem and the Law of Vibrating Atomolic Substances. The conversation also includes a warning about posting personal theories and the importance of education in physics.
KwizatzHaderach
ok, sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place but move it to the right one and whateve. Anyway, I may have no idea why I'm talking about, using incosistent models or something, in which case I would appreciate it if you told me. Okay, if opposite charges attract, why not different quantum states. Becasue of the Pauli exclusion (as I understand it) theorem none of the fermions are ever in the same quantum state. THis would hold true to all observed effects of gravity so far. It would be related to mass becasue the more mass you have , the more particles to be in different states, and it is much weaker than electrical attraction because the quantum states are not exact opposites. comment please.
thx all

Physics news on Phys.org
1) There is an existing theory that explains gravity very accurately and that has been tested experimentally. This theory has nothing to do with quantum states of particles.

2) According to your theory, a Bose condensate would have a strong internal repulsion, tearing it apart. There is no such. In fact, your theory allows for a whole lot of gravitational repulsion.

3) "THis would hold true to all observed effects of gravity so far." Do you really claim to understand/know all the effects of gravity, or whatever that means ? Care to explain how your theory would account for frame dragging ?

I suspect, you have little, if any education in Physics (especially in Quantum Mechanics or Relativity). I don't mean this as an insult...but I recommend you go through school and college before believing you have a better understanding of physics than all the physicists before you.

Personal theories are not permitted on PF. Questions are allowed, and since your title was a question, I've given it the benefit of doubt.

I think you scared someone away Gokul

KwizatzHaderach said:
Okay, if opposite charges attract, why not different quantum states. Becasue of the Pauli exclusion (as I understand it) theorem none of the fermions are ever in the same quantum state. THis would hold true to all observed effects of gravity so far. It would be related to mass becasue the more mass you have , the more particles to be in different states, and it is much weaker than electrical attraction because the quantum states are not exact opposites.

Good thinking, but It doesn't work out.

KwizatzHaderach said:
ok, sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place but move it to the right one and whateve. Anyway, I may have no idea why I'm talking about, using incosistent models or something, in which case I would appreciate it if you told me. Okay, if opposite charges attract, why not different quantum states. Becasue of the Pauli exclusion (as I understand it) theorem none of the fermions are ever in the same quantum state. THis would hold true to all observed effects of gravity so far. It would be related to mass becasue the more mass you have , the more particles to be in different states, and it is much weaker than electrical attraction because the quantum states are not exact opposites. comment please.
thx all

The turning of a 'QUANTUM' Gravitational Knob, is meant to be just a gimmick: http://www.aip.org/pt/vol-53/iss-8/p17.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Mk said:
I think you scared someone away Gokul

Kwizatz...

I hope I didn't come off as too scary.

We welcome questions here, but very often find people posting theories without accepting criticism. Due to a combination of several reasons, it has been decided that unsupported/personal theories will not be discussed on PF. There are lots of very qualified scientists here that will gladly answer questions, but have found the task of debunking erroneous (and they all are) theories extremely time-consuming and unproductive.

I believe there are other forums that do not have this requirement, and perhaps someone can name a few of these.

Hi all, here is a passage from John Keely 1894
Law of Vibrating Atomolic Substances

" Atoms are capable of vibrating within themselves at a pitch inversely as the Dyne ( the local coefficient of Gravity ), and as the atomic volume, directly as the atomic weight, producing the creative force ( Electricity ), whose transmissive force is propagated through atomolic solids, liquids, and gases, producing induction and the static effect of magnetism upon other atoms of attraction or repulsion, according to the Law of Harmonic Attraction and Repulsion.

Scholium: The phenomena of Dynamic Electricity through a metallic conductor and of induction are identical. In a metallic conductor, the transmission is from atom to atom, through homologous interstices, filled with ether, presenting small areas in close proximity. In crystalline structures, heat, which expands the atoms, by twisting them produces striae, increases the resistance, etc. Between parallel wires and through air the induction takes place from large areas through a rarefied medium composed of a mixture of substances, whose atoms are separated by waves of repulsion of various pitches, discordant to electric vibrations; the said atoms sympathetically absorb the vibrations and dissipate from themselves, as centers, consentric waves of electric energy which produces heat and gravism.

Dymium, I'm not sure if you're endorsing Keely's point of view (one more than a hundred years old ), or just adding some historical context.

Lest anyone be confused, let me add that the above quoted views are now considered incorrect.

Congratulations for winning the Community Spirit Award! Wave's Hand... that was a fake? I wouldn't know it if you didn't tell me.

hey, yeah, srry bout that, and yes, you are correct, I have very little training in physics, just a few books and such, so srry bout that.

1. What is quantum magnetism in relation to gravity?

Quantum magnetism is the study of the magnetic properties of materials at a quantum level. In the context of gravity, it refers to the behavior of gravity when dealing with small-scale systems, such as particles and atoms, where quantum mechanics principles come into play.

2. How does gravity behave at the quantum level?

At the quantum level, gravity is thought to behave more like a force carried by particles, similar to the electromagnetic force. This is in contrast to the classical view of gravity as a continuous force acting on massive objects in space.

3. What is the role of quantum magnetism in understanding gravity?

Quantum magnetism is important in understanding gravity because it helps bridge the gap between quantum mechanics and general relativity. By studying the behavior of gravity at the quantum level, we can gain a better understanding of how it works and potentially find a way to unify it with other fundamental forces.

4. Are there any experimental evidence supporting the concept of gravity as quantum magnetism?

Currently, there is no direct experimental evidence for gravity as quantum magnetism. However, scientists are working on experiments to test this theory, such as the search for gravitational waves and studying the behavior of particles in high-energy collisions.

5. How does the concept of gravity as quantum magnetism impact our current understanding of the universe?

If confirmed, the concept of gravity as quantum magnetism would revolutionize our understanding of the universe. It would provide a deeper understanding of gravity and its behavior, potentially leading to a unified theory of all forces and a better understanding of the fundamental building blocks of our universe.