The yield of fruit juice from water based fruits compared to

• Thread starter transit442003
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Water Yield
In summary, the yield of fruit juice from water based fruits compared to those with more water is different depending on the fruit.
transit442003
the yield of fruit juice from water based fruits compared to...

please help me to find a comparison experiment to find the yield of fruit juice between to types of fruit 1 containing more water than the other.
thanx in advance :confused:

Biology news on Phys.org
You should know that we are not here to do your homework. What kind of help do you need, since it is not so difficult to squeeze juice out of fruits. What fruits do you expect to have a low water content? Hint: also include tropical fruits.

Is it the yield of fruit juice that you are interested in or is it water content of the fruit...or is it both? There would be different approaches for each endpoint, not necessarily exclusive ones though. Give us some more details and any thoughts you have had about which fruits to use.

the homework is actually about the amount of fruit juice yield using proctase as a catalyst (so to speak) what i have chosen to do is to compare several types of fruit by seeing their fruit juice yield after 30 minutes of exposure to proctase but i was wondering whether the amount of water the fruit contains will have any effect on the amount of yeild the actual question now better worded is will the amount of water in a piece of fruit, keeping the mass the same for each piece, affect the outcome of results?
if so i will have to scrap this experiment and move on to some other.
thanx very much for your replys

Monique, what fruit would have a low water content to begin with? I can't think of any because all the fruits I can think of are very juicy, including some that are of the tropical variety. If they are juicy I would assume it means they have a moderate to high water concentration.

misskitty said:
what fruit would have a low water content to begin with?

How about raisins? :wink:

Seriously, in general fruits do contain a lot of water, but a comparison across fruits might yield considerable variation. How about a banana, or better yet a plantain, compared to a melon? or a durian compared to an orange? I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I would think on a weight basis the melon and orange would have more water.

misskitty said:
Monique, what fruit would have a low water content to begin with? I can't think of any because all the fruits I can think of are very juicy, including some that are of the tropical variety. If they are juicy I would assume it means they have a moderate to high water concentration.
How about avocado :biggrin: hard to squeeze juice out of that :wink:

I thought avacados were vegetables. :bugeye: Don't raisins count as grapes because they are the dried up form?

No, they are a fruit :tongue:

According to dictionary.com -- A tropical American tree (Persea americana) having oval or pear-shaped fruit with leathery skin, yellowish-green flesh, and a large seed.
The edible fruit of this tree. Also called alligator pear, avocado pear.

1. What is the yield of fruit juice from water-based fruits?

The yield of fruit juice from water-based fruits refers to the amount of juice that can be extracted from fruits that contain a high percentage of water, such as citrus fruits, watermelons, and pineapples. This can vary depending on the type of fruit and the method of extraction.

2. How does the yield of fruit juice from water-based fruits compare to other types of fruits?

The yield of fruit juice from water-based fruits tends to be higher than that of other types of fruits, such as berries or stone fruits. This is because water-based fruits have a higher water content, making it easier to extract the juice.

3. What factors can affect the yield of fruit juice from water-based fruits?

There are several factors that can affect the yield of fruit juice from water-based fruits. These include the ripeness of the fruit, the method of extraction (e.g. juicing, blending), the type of equipment used, and the amount of pressure applied during extraction.

4. Can the yield of fruit juice from water-based fruits be increased?

Yes, the yield of fruit juice from water-based fruits can be increased by using ripe fruits, using a more efficient method of extraction, and adjusting the extraction process to maximize the amount of juice extracted.

5. Is there a difference in the nutritional value of fruit juice from water-based fruits compared to other types of fruits?

The nutritional value of fruit juice can vary depending on the type of fruit and the method of extraction, but in general, fruit juice from water-based fruits tends to have a similar nutritional profile to other types of fruits. However, it is important to note that juicing can remove some of the beneficial fiber found in whole fruits.