Is Pebbles the New Addition to Our Family?

• Thread starter Andre
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Welcome
In summary, the family moved back down to earth and adopted a new kitten. The daughter fell in love with the kitten and decided to call her Pebbles. One of the brothers at the residence is the kitten's protector.
Andre
So the deal was a new kitty after the move from the 14th floor back to ground level. I guess my daughter found her, It's the one in the center here having obviously the most interest in the environment at three weeks of age, unlike her black brothers to the right. Her name may become Pebbles, with a nod to The Flintstones but there may be an oncoming dispute about that. One of those brothers is also admitted at the residence as protector of the little princess.

4hsjzd.jpg

Plenty more pics from where this is coming from.

Physics news on Phys.org
*Absolutely* adorable!

Right Lisa and a remarkable early student as well, already investigating the anatomy of moms ear.

2jfgo7s.jpg

It's obvious who is in the lead

2qcnsao.jpg

to boldly go where no kitten has gone before.

wmck5c.jpg

oh.. my.. God .. WANT! :!)

*Scotty beams kitten up right into MiH's residence*

tickle test:

riaurq.jpg

Do you think I could convince my cat it's her kitten?

Ooooooooooooohhhhhh! Sooooooo cute! Her attitude reminds me of Ember as a kitten (is there a way to make them that tiny and cute again?)

Pebbles would be a great name...sort of fits the "marbling" of a calico too. I love love love love love her markings!

I keep trying to decide if Ember wants a kitten now that I have a bigger house, and seeing this cuddly adorable sweetie muffin makes me REALLY want another kitten (I just don't know if I'd get so lucky as to find another one that so perfectly suits my own personality as Ember does).

That is just too darn cute for words. I'm with Moonbear, the markings are fantastic!

Andre said:
to boldly go where no kitten has gone before.

wmck5c.jpg
Absolutely adorable! My wife and I had one who we found at the age of a few months. She was abandoned in the university student housing complex where we were living. She came to our front door and meowed, so we took her in, adopted her on the spot and named her 'Pumpkin'. Her nickname was 'Pie-face'.

Andre said:
4hsjzd.jpg

I am totally in love. Nature knew what she was doing when she made baby-everythings stupenduously cute.

Meanwhile the kittens have moved to their new residence, making posting a lot more difficult although I don't think they invented the keyboard walk.

Gizmo
2w3nry8.jpg

Unfortunately my proposal to rename Pebbles into Yingyang was not approved.

15ee1yr.jpg

Paper waste baskets seem better than their own

34hdn3p.jpg

Stop! Ugh! I'm gonna' die of cuteness overload!

GeorginaS said:
I am totally in love. Nature knew what she was doing when she made baby-everythings stupenduously cute.

Or rather, nature just programmed people to think that small disproportionate creatures are cute.

Next photo contest should be "Cuteness" or something - and Andre is a sure winner :smile:

:smile: Well my secret weapons helping me here:

21mwweh.jpg

I was kitten sitting today and my moved my mobile office to the living where my assistents were eager to help.

What sweetness... How did I ever miss your first pictures in June?

Today, their growing is breathtaking.

vsp0rc.jpg

I should have persisted in Ying and Yang :tongue:

O heck soooooo cute, now you will have two types of fur balls to clean up :biggrin:

WOLRAM! How are you?

Yay Woolie!

Say, is it just me, or are Pebbles' markings identical to her mother's except flipped? Look at their faces and sides.

Nah, Pebbles has more orange in places her mom has white, and black in places her mom has orange. Their faces are very similar, though (except mom has that orange "beauty mark" over her lip).

Hi Wollie! All the cuteness in this thread must be good therapy for you! :smile:

Anyway another necropost

Anti gravity phase has started

wuqj3l.jpg

Peekaboo

2qwmm8w.jpg

Aaawwww...cuteness overload...!

Meanwhile some pictures that did not make it to the smile photo contest:

ao249h.jpg

30ni639.jpg

104ov46.jpg

23wv18o.jpg

Elvis the Pe...erm...b.bles
2v8mzyc.jpg

Last edited:
Just shot today, wondering why my foot was a bit painful, but the two of them were on the big [strike]food[/strike] foot hunt.

32ztdfd.jpg

But after such a hunt, they usual retreat here for a nap.

29d7jpf.jpg

Hmmm, I wonder if I should encourage them to move to a more spacier residence.

903xxu.jpg

Andre said:
Hmmm, I wonder if I should encourage them to move to a more spacier residence.

They are getting a bit big for desk ornaments.

It just shows how adaptable cats are to technology. They used to just sit on books and papers we were trying to read. Now they have adapted perfectly well to computers, and sit right in front of the monitor we're trying to see.

I don't think they are adaptable to technology. They have just perfected means of staying in the center of our eyesight.

how old is Gizmo now?

ps. of course you know that means post a photo of that kitten :tongue:

Ah Gizmo and pebbles were born on may 11th, so that would be approaching half a year now. This is the last picture I shot yesterday.

mjxs1x.jpg

I'll make some more tomorrow, they are asleep now.

they’re getting big, can’t wait to see other pics :smile: