Ulcerous delay of The Hobbit

• Thread starter arildno
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Delay
In summary, Jackson's stomach ulcer is causing him to delay The Hobbit. Fans are angry because they want the film to be released now.
Physics news on Phys.org

I'm looking forward to the movie, I loved the Hobbit.

Please - TLOTR was only like 5 years ago right? It ain't Duke Nukem Forever.

russ_watters said:
That's roughly a 60% error margin in the time estimate, Russ. (The last movie came in 2003)

I don't get it. If LOTR came out in 2003, Hobbit should came out in 1943. After all, LOTR starts 60 years after The Hobbit story.

Borek said:
I don't get it. If LOTR came out in 2003, Hobbit should came out in 1943. After all, LOTR starts 60 years after The Hobbit story.
Simple. There was a war going on.

russ_watters said:

I'm almost positive that you know, but if you can believe it... that game is actually being RELEASED (usual DNF caveats). Now if only they could go back in time and release it when I still wanted to play it!

Seriously, every year that Jackson spends out there is just another blu-ray full of 8-12 hours of "extra footage" of hobbits cleaning their furry toes in the midst of the rolling hills and shires of NZ. :biggrin: Fans should be THRILLED!... I mean, in the commentary when you hear people yelling to be allowed to go home, always going in the background? Hell YES I'll pay 1.5 million for that *audio track in a special edition!

*Note: comes with 'life sized' resin-model hobbit foot, with REAL hair on the top! Ooooohhhh... toe hair... plush.

arildno said:
Simple. There was a war going on.

:rofl:

...And here I thought I'd kept track of all the reasons to hate Hitler! You know, I bet if one of his 'obersturmbaunbunnyloverfunnypantsenziet' had told him that he'd delay this film by 60 years... well... maybe that would have been a "teachable moment". :wink:

1. What is "Ulcerous delay of The Hobbit"?

"Ulcerous delay of The Hobbit" is a condition that refers to the long wait that fans had to endure for the release of the second film in the "Hobbit" trilogy. Originally, the films were planned to be released a year apart, but due to production delays, the second film was pushed back to a three-year gap.

2. What caused the delay of "The Hobbit"?

The delay of "The Hobbit" was caused by various factors, including changes in the director and production team, legal disputes, and the decision to turn the originally planned two films into a trilogy. These factors led to a longer production process and ultimately, a delay in the release of the second film.

3. Did the delay affect the quality of the film?

While there were concerns about the extended production time and its impact on the overall quality of the film, the delay ultimately allowed for more time to perfect the visual effects and overall storytelling. Many fans and critics praised the second film, "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug", for its impressive visuals and engaging plot.

4. How did fans react to the delay?

Initially, fans were disappointed and frustrated by the delay of "The Hobbit", as they had to wait longer for the continuation of the story. However, many fans also understood that the delay was necessary for the best possible outcome of the film. Overall, the anticipation for the second film only increased with the longer wait.

5. Was the delay of "The Hobbit" worth it?

This is a subjective question, as opinions may vary. However, many fans and critics believe that the delay of "The Hobbit" was ultimately worth it, as it allowed for a more polished and impressive second film. Additionally, the extended production time also allowed for the third and final film, "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies", to be released only a year after the second film, providing a more timely conclusion to the trilogy.