What's Your View on Republicans vs Democrats?

• News
  • Thread starter ironcross77
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Support
In summary, the conversation discusses the difference between republicans and democrats. The speaker clarifies that they are not asking about political parties, but rather the concepts of democracy and republic. They also express their personal views on the best form of government for national and local levels.
ironcross77
Difference between republicans and democrats?
Just wanted to know what's your ideas are...

Do not say I am a democrat or a republican because your country is democrat or republic. This is a open forum and no one is going to arrest you for saying anything here.

Also tell me what comes up in yuor mind when you hear of the words "democracy" and "republic".

And last of all do not google the question and cut paste the answer.
I want to know your own views about it .

Physics news on Phys.org
Not all republic's are democracy's
China and north korea call themselves "Peoples'' "republic"

I think a republican-demoracy is the best for national govements but I think absoloute demoracy's should be used for small local governments.

ironcross77 said:
Difference between republicans and democrats?

Do you mean this in terms of political concepts, as in Democracy and Republic, or do you mean the two dominant political parties here in the US - the Democrats and the Republicans?

1. What is the main difference between Republicans and Democrats?

The main difference between Republicans and Democrats is their political ideologies. Republicans tend to be more conservative and support smaller government, lower taxes, and traditional values. Democrats, on the other hand, tend to be more liberal and support larger government, higher taxes, and progressive social policies.

2. How do the two parties approach economic issues?

Republicans generally believe in free market capitalism and favor policies such as lower taxes and fewer regulations to stimulate economic growth. Democrats, on the other hand, tend to support more government intervention in the economy to promote social welfare and reduce income inequality.

3. What are the primary social issues that separate Republicans and Democrats?

Republicans tend to be more conservative on social issues such as abortion, LGBT rights, and gun control, often aligning with traditional values and religious beliefs. Democrats, on the other hand, tend to be more progressive and support social policies that promote equality and individual rights.

4. How do Republicans and Democrats differ in their foreign policies?

Republicans generally advocate for a strong military and a more aggressive approach to foreign policy, promoting American interests and protecting national security. Democrats tend to favor diplomacy and international cooperation, and may be more reluctant to use military force.

5. How do the two parties differ in their stance on environmental issues?

Republicans tend to be more skeptical of the impact of human activity on the environment and are less likely to support government regulations to address climate change. Democrats, on the other hand, generally support policies to address environmental concerns and promote renewable energy sources.