Classical electrodynamics problem

In summary, a student is seeking help with a problem in classical electrodynamics involving the relativistic motion of a charged particle in a coulombian field. They are specifically looking for advice or links to examples of this problem being solved. They have attempted the problem themselves but want to compare their solution with others. One person has asked to see their solution in order to provide feedback.
carlo

Homework Statement

Hi to everyone! I would like you to help me for a problem of classical electrodynamics. I have to study the relativistic motion of a charged particle in a coulombian field with center in the origin of the cartesian axes. I have to study the case in which the initial velocity is purely radial.

Can anyone give me some advices, or links where I can find this problem performed?

Thank you very much!

C.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
Have you tried this problem yourself?

yes, but I want to compre my solution with others.
Thnk you!

Hi Carlo, show us your solution and we'll let you know if it's correct.

1. What is classical electrodynamics?

Classical electrodynamics is a branch of physics that studies the interactions between electrically charged particles and their surrounding electromagnetic fields. It describes how electrically charged particles move and interact with each other and with electromagnetic radiation.

2. What are some real-life applications of classical electrodynamics?

Classical electrodynamics has many practical applications, including in the design of electronic devices, communication systems, and power generation. It also plays a crucial role in understanding phenomena such as lightning, radio waves, and the behavior of charged particles in accelerators.

3. What are Maxwell's equations and how do they relate to classical electrodynamics?

Maxwell's equations are a set of four partial differential equations that describe the behavior of electric and magnetic fields and their interactions with each other. They are the cornerstone of classical electrodynamics, providing a mathematical framework for understanding the behavior of electromagnetic fields and their effects on charged particles.

4. What are some common problems in classical electrodynamics?

Some common problems in classical electrodynamics include calculating the electric and magnetic fields produced by a given distribution of charges or currents, determining the behavior of charged particles in electric and magnetic fields, and understanding the propagation of electromagnetic waves.

5. How is classical electrodynamics related to quantum electrodynamics?

Quantum electrodynamics is a more advanced theory that extends classical electrodynamics to describe the behavior of charged particles at the quantum level. It incorporates the principles of quantum mechanics to explain phenomena that cannot be fully understood using classical electrodynamics, such as the behavior of particles in the presence of strong electromagnetic fields.