Control creation time of light particles

In summary, the conversation was about controlling the creation time of light particles, specifically light photons. The idea was sparked by a program called FileDate that allows the user to change the creation date and time of a file. The conversation also touched on the concept of light fixtures and the misunderstanding of the term "physics" in relation to the topic.
TimeCurtis2289
control creation time of light "particles"

Ok, I got this program called FileDate, which allows me to change the creation date and time of a file. Then, a question struck me: What if you were able to control the creation time of light "particles", or light photons? Don't ask me why I'm trying to figure this out. It's kind of a secret.

Physics news on Phys.org
You have never turned on a light fixture?

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
You have never turned on a light fixture?

Zz.

well, no. what do u mean by "light fixture"? I google'd "light fixture" and it just took me to a bunch of home furnishing sites.

So what do you do when you walk into a dark room?

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
So what do you do when you walk into a dark room?

Zz.

I turn on a light. But that's not what i meant. I mean change the date it was created from now to the year 2002 or 3000

So why is this "physics"?

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
So why is this "physics"?

Zz.

Well, it's particles... OK, i think I posted this in the wrong forum... oops...

1. How is the creation time of light particles controlled?

The creation time of light particles can be controlled through a process called stimulated emission. This is where an already existing photon stimulates the emission of another photon with the same energy and direction, resulting in a synchronized emission of light particles.

2. Why is it important to control the creation time of light particles?

Controlling the creation time of light particles is important in various fields such as telecommunications, imaging, and quantum information processing. It allows for precise timing and synchronization of light particles, which can improve the efficiency and accuracy of these applications.

3. Can the creation time of light particles be manipulated?

Yes, the creation time of light particles can be manipulated through various methods such as changing the energy levels of the atoms emitting the light, using mirrors or lenses to adjust the path of the light particles, or using specialized materials to alter their speed.

4. What factors can affect the creation time of light particles?

The creation time of light particles can be affected by the material they are passing through, the distance they are traveling, and the energy levels of the atoms emitting the light. Additionally, external factors such as temperature and pressure can also play a role in the creation time of light particles.

5. Are there any limitations to controlling the creation time of light particles?

While there are various methods to control the creation time of light particles, there are also limitations. For example, the speed of light is constant, so it cannot be controlled. Additionally, the precise control of the creation time may be limited by the sensitivity and accuracy of the equipment used.