How to Write e^e^i on the Form a + bi: Using Log and Other Methods for Homework

• Thread starter john88
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Form
In summary, the conversation discusses how to write e^e^i in the form of a + bi and the use of log. The person has attempted to use log but is unsure if there is an easier way. They also mention using LaTeX to express mathematical equations and provide instructions on how to access it.
john88

Homework Statement

I want to write e^e^i on the form a + bi

Homework Equations

I think I have to use log

The Attempt at a Solution

Well I've tried to use log, but there's probably an easy way, but I just can't figure it out.

btw does someone know whether you can use latex or some other graphic language because its pretty hard to express yourself math wise

Physics news on Phys.org
[tex]e^{i\theta} = Cos\theta + iSin\theta[/tex]

That should help signifigantly.and about the Latex thing, click the "go advanced" tab when you reply to a message, of start a new thread or topic / whatever, and click the button that has a Sigma on it. it should be the last one on the bottom row on the right.

ty!...

1. What does "a + bi" represent in scientific notation?

The expression "a + bi" represents a complex number in the form of a real number (a) plus an imaginary number (bi).

2. How do you perform operations with complex numbers in the form "a + bi"?

To add or subtract complex numbers, simply combine the real parts and the imaginary parts separately. To multiply complex numbers, use the FOIL method and remember that i2 = -1. To divide complex numbers, multiply the numerator and denominator by the complex conjugate, which is the same number with the sign of the imaginary part changed.

3. How do you write "a + bi" in polar form?

To convert a complex number in the form "a + bi" to polar form, use the formula r = √(a2 + b2) to find the distance from the origin to the point in the complex plane, and then use the formula θ = tan-1(b/a) to find the angle of the vector from the positive real axis.

4. How do you graph a complex number in the form "a + bi"?

To graph a complex number in the form "a + bi", plot the real part (a) on the horizontal axis and the imaginary part (b) on the vertical axis, just like plotting points on a Cartesian plane. The resulting point will represent the complex number's location in the complex plane.

5. Can a complex number in the form "a + bi" have a negative imaginary part?

Yes, a complex number in the form "a + bi" can have a negative imaginary part. The imaginary part represents the coefficient of the imaginary unit i, which can be positive, negative, or zero.