Birth control pills i missed my period

In summary, the conversation is about the use of green and pink pills for birth control and the concern of taking placebo pills at the wrong time. The person is unsure if they can continue taking pink pills and if it is safe to do so. They also mention taking a pregnancy test and seeking advice from a doctor or an advice nurse.
bioquest
apparently the green pills are placebo pills I was going to start taking them when my period started it hasnt started yet & my friend said it hasn't started yet because I haven't started taking the green pills I've just been taking the pink pills
obviously, I don't want to take the placebo pills at the wrong time...so what do I do? Can I just keep taking the pink ones? It's not like I like my period anyway. Or is that dangerous. thanks

I know I am not pregnant, I took a pregnancy test

Biology news on Phys.org
bioquest said:
apparently the green pills are placebo pills I was going to start taking them when my period started it hasnt started yet & my friend said it hasn't started yet because I haven't started taking the green pills I've just been taking the pink pills
obviously, I don't want to take the placebo pills at the wrong time...so what do I do? Can I just keep taking the pink ones? It's not like I like my period anyway. Or is that dangerous. thanks

I know I am not pregnant, I took a pregnancy test

That is a question for your doctor. We don't give medical advice here.

Your doctor's office may also have an "Advice Nurse", who should be able to help you figure out how to get synchronized again.

1. What should I do if I missed taking my birth control pill?

If you missed taking your birth control pill, you should take it as soon as you remember. If it has been more than 24 hours since you were supposed to take it, you can take two pills at the same time. However, if you miss two or more pills in a row, it is important to use a backup form of birth control and consult with your doctor.

2. Can missing a birth control pill cause me to miss my period?

Yes, missing a birth control pill can cause you to miss your period. This is because birth control pills work by regulating the hormones in your body, and missing a pill can disrupt this balance and cause your period to be delayed or skipped. If you miss a period after missing a pill, it is important to take a pregnancy test to rule out the possibility of pregnancy.

3. How long after missing a birth control pill can I still get pregnant?

The effectiveness of birth control pills can vary, but in general, if you miss one pill, you are still protected from pregnancy as long as you take the missed pill as soon as you remember and continue taking your pills as directed. However, if you miss more than one pill, you may not be protected from pregnancy and should use a backup form of birth control.

4. Can I still get pregnant if I miss a birth control pill during the placebo week?

The placebo week, also known as the week of inactive pills, is designed to allow for a withdrawal bleed similar to a period. If you miss a birth control pill during this week, you may still be at risk for pregnancy. It is important to continue taking your pills as directed, even during the placebo week, to ensure protection from pregnancy.

5. What should I do if I miss a birth control pill while on antibiotics?

If you are taking antibiotics, it is important to consult with your doctor about potential interactions with your birth control pills. Some antibiotics may decrease the effectiveness of birth control pills, so it is important to use a backup form of birth control while taking antibiotics and for at least one week after finishing the course of antibiotics. If you miss a pill while on antibiotics, follow the instructions for missed pills and use a backup form of birth control until you finish the antibiotics and have taken your birth control pills correctly for at least one week.