What has the initial NOTHING turned into?

• Thread starter dedaNoe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Initial
In summary: The Bible says that in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Physics states that the universe began with a singularity, but does not address the concept of nothing.In summary, the conversation discusses the idea that both the Bible and Physics suggest that in the beginning there was nothing. The speaker relates this to their understanding of the lever and questions how something could come from nothing. They also mention the possibility of the universe returning to its initial state of nothingness and reference a quote from a cartoon about Moses. The conversation ends with a comment about the uncertainty surrounding the concept of the big bang and the lack of concrete evidence to support any theories about its origins.
dedaNoe
I can't help noticing that both the Bible and Physics state that in the biginning there was nothing. Based on my understanding of the lever I know this is right. So having in mind that nothing has nothing to change, which makes it unchangeable, how can we have something now? Are we considering the things only partially without their anti-thing?

Is it that if we put back every thing in the initial position (or if the universe's expansion is reversable) then we will end up with the initial nothing?

In the cartoon about Moses there was this quote: "You must look things though heavent's eyes". It's something like (I experience it this way) if you want to have complete physical system then you must have summarily nothing.

No hard feelings!

Physics news on Phys.org
How do I subscribe to this topic?

Scientists really don't know what the big bang started from. Starting from nothing is pure guess. There are many other ideas floating around, such as cyclic, or brane collision. Unfortunately current observation (which is ultimately what really matters) is unable to validate any of these or other ideas.

dedaNoe said:
I can't help noticing that both the Bible and Physics state that in the biginning there was nothing.
Bad science and bad theology. Neither say that.

1. What is the theory of the initial "nothing" turning into something?

The theory of the initial "nothing" turning into something is known as the Big Bang Theory. It proposes that our universe began as a singularity, a small, dense point that rapidly expanded and created all matter and energy in the universe.

2. How did the initial "nothing" turn into something?

The initial "nothing" turned into something through a process known as inflation, where the singularity rapidly expanded, creating space and time. As the universe cooled, particles formed and eventually combined to create atoms, stars, and galaxies.

3. Is the Big Bang Theory proven?

The Big Bang Theory is widely accepted by the scientific community as the most plausible explanation for the origins of the universe. However, it is still a theory and continues to be tested and refined through ongoing research and discoveries.

4. What existed before the Big Bang?

The concept of "before" the Big Bang is difficult to understand since time and space were created during the event. Some theories propose that there could have been a previous universe that collapsed in on itself, leading to the Big Bang. However, this is still a topic of debate among scientists.

5. Can we ever know for sure what the initial "nothing" turned into?

As scientists, our understanding of the universe is constantly evolving and being refined. While we may never be able to fully understand the origins of the universe, through ongoing research and advancements in technology, we can continue to gain a better understanding of the processes that led to the creation of our universe.