There seems to be a box at the top of every page which has my Notices.

• Thread starter sylas
  • Start date
In summary, the user is asking about how to remove notices they have seen and don't need reminding about. The box with notifications of pm's, visitor messages, and friend requests is fixed, but the user can delete their pm's and notifications.
sylas
Science Advisor
There seems to be a box at the top of every page which has my Notices. Is there a way I can remove it or delete notices I have seen and don't need reminding about?

Cheers -- sylas

Physics news on Phys.org

Do you mean the box with notifications of pm's, visitor messages, and friend requests? I believe that the box is fixed, but you can delete your pm's and notifications.

Evo said:
Do you mean the box with notifications of pm's, visitor messages, and friend requests? I believe that the box is fixed, but you can delete your pm's and notifications.

I think he means a message between the title and the messages below. It just came up today...mine says,

lisab, thank you for supporting PF by being a Gold Member. It helps and means a lot. Thanks!

We had a similar type of message about a year ago, I think.

Personally, it doen't bother me...perhaps our newer members aren't aware that it's temporary.

lisab said:
I think he means a message between the title and the messages below.

Yes, that is what I meant. Temporary is good. Not that I don't appreciate the thanks, but I don't particularly want it on every physicsforum page. Once I've seen a notice I'd usually archive it or delete it, if the capacity was there. I've been a member here for quite a while; but only recently subscribed.

Cheers -- sylas

sylas said:
Yes, that is what I meant. Temporary is good. Not that I don't appreciate the thanks, but I don't particularly want it on every physicsforum page. Once I've seen a notice I'd usually archive it or delete it, if the capacity was there. I've been a member here for quite a while; but only recently subscribed.

Cheers -- sylas

I think last time it was up, it lasted maybe a week or two...can't remember exactly though.

I'm always glad to see that Greg is showing his appreciation.
We are a family here. Thanks.

dlgoff said:

DaaaaaaAAAAAAAd! Lisa's touching me!

negitron said:
DaaaaaaAAAAAAAd! Lisa's touching me!

You were breathing my air!

If you two don't stop, I'm going to turn this forum right around!

Are we there yet?

dlgoff said:
I'm always glad to see that Greg is showing his appreciation.

Same here. You're welcome; I consider it a great investment. But I get all embarrassed when Dad thanks me every time I pull up a new page.

Now it seems to be just on the home page... perfect.

Cheers -- sylas

1. What is the purpose of the box at the top of every page labeled "Notices"?

The box labeled "Notices" at the top of every page is a place where important information, updates, and announcements can be displayed for users to see. It is often used to communicate any changes, alerts, or reminders regarding the website or its content.

2. Who has access to the "Notices" box and can post messages in it?

The access and posting privileges for the "Notices" box may vary depending on the specific website or organization. In most cases, only authorized individuals such as administrators or moderators have the ability to post messages in the box. However, the messages can be viewed by all users who visit the page.

3. How often are the messages in the "Notices" box updated?

The frequency of updates in the "Notices" box can also vary. In some cases, the box may be updated daily or weekly with new information. In other cases, it may only be updated when necessary, such as for urgent announcements or changes. It is important for users to check the box regularly to stay informed.

4. Can I dismiss or remove messages from the "Notices" box?

In most cases, users do not have the ability to dismiss or remove messages from the "Notices" box. This is to ensure that important information is not missed or ignored. However, if a message is outdated or no longer relevant, it may be removed by the administrator or moderator in charge of the box.

5. Is there a way to receive notifications for new messages in the "Notices" box?

Some websites or organizations may offer the option to receive notifications for new messages in the "Notices" box. This can be in the form of email alerts, push notifications, or in-site notifications. Check the website's settings or contact the administrator to see if this feature is available.