How to find out the area of a shape

• Thread starter Rohan11221
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Area Shape
In summary, the person is asking for help with finding the area of circles and understanding the formulas. They mention that their teachers are unable to answer their questions. The most basic formula for finding the area of a circle is A=πr^2, where 'r' is the radius. However, the person did not provide enough information about the specific circle they are working with. They also acknowledge that the people they are asking for help from are intelligent, but they themselves make mistakes.
Rohan11221
Hey this isn't fancy but i thought I'd ask because you are all smart

Also i didn't use the template because i didn't really understand it

I need help with the area of circles and things because my teachers are not understanding my questions

So my question is how do i figure out the area and the inside of a circle and what are the correct formulas

Also is there a simple way of finding out area

Physics news on Phys.org
You didn't really state too much about the circle itself, whether it is a complete circle or a segment, etc. The most I can tell you is that the area of a circle is πd2/4 or πr2 where 'd' is the diameter and 'r' is the radius of the circle.

Rohan11221 said:
because you are all smart
Not true! I often make dumb mistakes :biggrin:

It doesn't sound like you're having trouble with the area of a circle as rock.freak667 has suggested, since, from what you tell us, you're having trouble understanding it and the teacher can't answer your questions. There is only one formula for the area of a circle, and that's [itex]A=\pi r^2[/tex] (and all others are a variation of it), so I find it hard to imagine how you could be having trouble with this...

1. What is the formula for finding the area of a square?

The formula for finding the area of a square is length x width, or A = l x w.

2. How do you find the area of a rectangle?

To find the area of a rectangle, you multiply the length by the width, or A = l x w.

3. What is the formula for finding the area of a triangle?

The formula for finding the area of a triangle is 1/2 x base x height, or A = 1/2 x b x h.

4. Is there a specific formula for finding the area of a circle?

Yes, the formula for finding the area of a circle is pi x radius squared, or A = πr^2.

5. How do I find the area of irregular shapes?

To find the area of irregular shapes, you can divide the shape into smaller, regular shapes (such as squares, rectangles, triangles, or circles) and then use the appropriate formula for each shape to find the area. You can then add the areas of all the smaller shapes together to get the total area of the irregular shape.