Just fell out of the friendzone

• Thread starter SELFMADE
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the narrator's experience with a woman who he is deeply infatuated with. He shares his struggle with her affection and his desire for her to hate him. However, when she does show interest in him, it becomes the light of his day. The conversation also touches on the idea of wanting what we can't have and the different approaches men and women take in dealing with rejection."
zoobyshoe said:
You can't stand cigarette smoke. You'd kill me in my sleep!
I'm getting used to it.

Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
I'm getting used to it.

Hmmm. One of the kids pick up a bad habit?

Evo said:
It would seem that way.

Update: Evo just won $266 million dollars in the lotery. Any takers?

what? you can't entice those guys with money

zoobyshoe said:
You can't stand cigarette smoke. You'd kill me in my sleep!

Evo said:
I'm getting used to it.

Would it be appropriate for me to ask just how many you'd killed in their sleep before answering? Or is that one of those things where you could tell me, but then you'd have to kill me.

GeorginaS said:
Speak for yourself. :wink:

zoobyshoe said:
I wasn't talking about myself or you. I was talking about BobG.

Well that makes much more sense, then.

GeorginaS said:
Speak for yourself. :wink:

zoobyshoe said:
I wasn't talking about myself or you. I was talking about BobG.

GeorginaS said:
Well that makes much more sense, then.

It's true, I admit. Fortunately my attractiveness has the same rate of decay as bismuth.

BobG said:
Would it be appropriate for me to ask just how many you'd killed in their sleep before answering? Or is that one of those things where you could tell me, but then you'd have to kill me.
I've never killed anyone for smoking. After 2 years of being surrounded by smokers, I'm now finding the cigarette smoke pouring in through my windows rather comforting.

I don't even choke or gasp for air anymore.

Last edited:
So I guess zoobie's satement was right at least for men! AS you see this very hot and attractive lady( Evo) is hitting on them aand yet they're afraid of taking any risks...:devil:

Lisa! said:
So I guess zoobie's satement was right at least for men! AS you see this very hot and attractive lady( Evo) is hitting on them aand yet they're afraid of taking any risks...:devil:
I'm a <sniff> LOSER! I can't even give myself away. :frown:

Lisa! said:

T.S.Eliot said:
And indeed there will be time
To wonder, “Do I dare?” and, “Do I dare?”
Time to turn back and descend the stair,
With a bald spot in the middle of my hair...

...Do I dare
Disturb the universe?
In a minute there is time
For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.

Evo said:
I've never killed anyone for smoking.

That's important. I can probably handle being killed in my sleep for snoring, but I definitely don't want to be killed in my sleep for smoking. One could easily start a fire that way, and before you know it, a person could wake up dead.

And, as luck would have it, I can drive right by your house later this month. :biggrin:

BobG said:
And, as luck would have it, I can drive right by your house later this month. :biggrin:

well, the hot potato or the ball is now in play

rewebster said:
well, the hot potato or the ball is now in play
Oooh, a possible taker!

Evo said:
I don't have any hope of finding someone at my age. I'm not even looking. I figure that my "soul mate" was crushed flat as a pancake by a runaway garbage truck. Or went insane. Or both.

Then look outside your age group?

To SELFMADE: Recognize the difference between "real" love and possesive love. If you truly loved this woman, you would respect her freedom.

Not only do you desire her for yourself, you desire your image of her, and you are threatened by the possibility of her finding happiness with someone else.

It's analogous to the parents who love their children but then reject them when they don't tun out according to the fantasy image they had in their heads. Loving someone means respecting their chocies. A relationship that is not based on the full consent of both parties will (99.9%) never be fulfilling.

This thread makes me happy for some reason. I am feeling good about my age.. :biggrin::devil:

rootX said:
This thread makes me happy for some reason. I am feeling good about my age.. :biggrin::devil:
What is your age?

Evo said:
Oooh, a possible taker!

Voice of narrator:

"Evo and her spawn will soon feed. It's been months since they last tasted human flesh."

zoobyshoe said:
Voice of narrator:

"Evo and her spawn will soon feed. It's been months since they last tasted human flesh."

you better have a better reason than that not to take her up on her offer

rootX said:

Worrying about your age is sort of pointless. A life contains all ages, until the individual dies. So even when you're young, you're going to be old. I have never understood age discrimination.

zoobyshoe said:
what is your age?

21.5. edit: wait, that was last year. I cannot even remember my age :(

Galteeth said:
Worrying about your age is sort of pointless. A life contains all ages, until the individual dies. So even when you're young, you're going to be old. I have never understood age discrimination.

Yes you eventually get old but you still have years to enjoy and make choices before you reach 40/60/80.

Last edited:
They say life starts at 40!:wink:

zoobyshoe said:
What I'm saying, I think, is that the older you get the more careful you get, despite yourself, and you acquire all sorts of instinctive avoidance behaviors that prevent you from jumping into things the way you will when you are younger. So, at the same time you are becoming less and less attractive physically and have fewer and fewer prospects, you are also, paradoxically, more picky about what you'll put up with.

I think "old people" are capable of being much more reckless than young people when it comes to romance.

Most single people in their 40's/50's are divorcees. The odds of meeting an emotionally healthy divorcee in their 40's/50's are pretty slim, so "careful" and "dating" are words that can't exist within the same context.

And while you're technically correct about older people being more picky, they're just more picky about which emotional disorders they find desirable in a partner.

For example, a woman that gets defensive about answering sensitive questions asked by her furniture is kind of quaint and exotic. And while that whole cleaning the kitchen floor with a toothbrush thing is strange, at least she has really clean floors - plus, what's a toothbrush, really, but just an extra small scrub brush.

And while I can handle a woman that suffers from arachibutyrophobia, I just can't tolerate a woman that suffers from barophobia. I usually find a woman suffering from coprastasophobia to be preferable to a woman suffering from coprophobia. And, unfortunately, I can't tolerate a woman that suffers from either aphenphosmphobia or apotemnophobia.

And, while I can't remember the technical name for it, but whatever emotional disorder causes a woman to tack artificial vines to every damn window and to fill her house with artificial plants is unacceptable, as well - that's just completely incompatible with the phobia I developed about artificial plants during that traumatic cemetery episode.

But if she's an alcoholic or does drugs? Forget the whole break-up spiel, or even the fade out technique - I'm changing my phone number, e-mail, and changing the house numbers on the front of my house and then I'm dying my hair and buying new glasses.

Last edited:
BobG said:
I think "old people" are capable of being much more reckless than young people when it comes to romance.

Most single people in their 40's/50's are divorcees. The odds of meeting an emotionally healthy divorcee in their 40's/50's are pretty slim, so "careful" and "dating" are words that can't exist within the same context.

And while you're technically correct about older people being more picky, they're just more picky about which emotional disorders they find desirable in a partner.

For example, a woman that gets defensive about answering sensitive questions asked by her furniture is kind of quaint and exotic. And while that whole cleaning the kitchen floor with a toothbrush thing is strange, at least she has really clean floors - plus, what's a toothbrush, really, but just an extra small scrub brush.

And while I can handle a woman that suffers from arachibutyrophobia, I just can't tolerate a woman that suffers from barophobia. I usually find a woman suffering from coprastasophobia to be preferable to a woman suffering from coprophobia. And, unfortunately, I can't tolerate that woman that suffers from either aphenphosmphobia nor apotemnophobia.

And, while I can't remember the technical name for it, but whatever emotional disorder causes a woman to tack artificial vines to every damn window and to fill her house with artificial plants is unacceptable, as well - that's just completely incompatible with the phobia I developed about artificial plants during that traumatic cemetery episode.

But if she's an alcoholic or does drugs? Forget the whole break-up spiel, or even the fade out technique - I'm changing my phone number, e-mail, and changing the house numbers on the front of my house and then I'm dying my hair and buying new glasses.

:uhh:

BobG said:
Yes, they're capable of it, it's not a matter of becoming wiser with age, it's a matter of having battle fatigue "Should I do this potentially reckless thing, possibly stir up a lot of drama? Bleh. I'll go home and watch CSI."

Exactly.

so, are you two (zoob and bob) going to share?

rewebster said:
so, are you two (zoob and bob) going to share?

They could merge and become zoobobby.

lisab said:
They could merge and become zoobobby.

that would be better than bozoob

rewebster said:
that would be better than bozoob

yeah my first thought was zobooby haha

lisab said:
yeah my first thought was zobooby haha

I've seen one of those...

or maybe it was two technically

Last edited:
rewebster said:
I've seen one of those...

or maybe it was two technically

The most efficient merger would be "booby". But then Evo would become known as: The Woman With Three Boobies

zoobyshoe said:
The most efficient merger would be "booby". But then Evo would become known as: The Woman With Three Boobies
<snork>

hmmm, we haven't heard from SELFMADE since the phone call...

Who? Whoever he is, maybe he should start his own thread.

Hmmm, it would be kind of ironic if the last post he ever made here was, "I can finally live again" ... right before meeting a psychotic female at the pet store.

<h2>1. What does it mean to "fall out" of the friendzone?</h2><p>Falling out of the friendzone refers to a situation where two individuals who were previously just friends suddenly develop romantic feelings for each other.</p><h2>2. Is it possible to fall out of the friendzone?</h2><p>Yes, it is possible for individuals to develop romantic feelings for each other after being friends for a period of time. However, it is not a guaranteed outcome and depends on the individuals involved.</p><h2>3. How do people typically fall out of the friendzone?</h2><p>There is no one specific way that people fall out of the friendzone. It can happen gradually as individuals spend more time together and get to know each other on a deeper level, or it can happen suddenly due to a significant event or realization.</p><h2>4. Can falling out of the friendzone lead to a successful relationship?</h2><p>Yes, falling out of the friendzone can lead to a successful relationship if both individuals are willing to communicate openly and honestly about their feelings and expectations for the relationship.</p><h2>5. Are there any risks or challenges associated with falling out of the friendzone?</h2><p>As with any relationship, there are potential risks and challenges involved in falling out of the friendzone. These can include losing the friendship if the romantic relationship does not work out, navigating new dynamics and boundaries, and facing potential rejection or hurt feelings.</p>

1. What does it mean to "fall out" of the friendzone?

Falling out of the friendzone refers to a situation where two individuals who were previously just friends suddenly develop romantic feelings for each other.

2. Is it possible to fall out of the friendzone?

Yes, it is possible for individuals to develop romantic feelings for each other after being friends for a period of time. However, it is not a guaranteed outcome and depends on the individuals involved.

3. How do people typically fall out of the friendzone?

There is no one specific way that people fall out of the friendzone. It can happen gradually as individuals spend more time together and get to know each other on a deeper level, or it can happen suddenly due to a significant event or realization.

4. Can falling out of the friendzone lead to a successful relationship?

Yes, falling out of the friendzone can lead to a successful relationship if both individuals are willing to communicate openly and honestly about their feelings and expectations for the relationship.

5. Are there any risks or challenges associated with falling out of the friendzone?

As with any relationship, there are potential risks and challenges involved in falling out of the friendzone. These can include losing the friendship if the romantic relationship does not work out, navigating new dynamics and boundaries, and facing potential rejection or hurt feelings.