What is the True Value of Personal Possessions?

• Thread starter Loren Booda
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation touched on the topics of personal value, good health, freedom, and happiness. The participants also mentioned their love for potatoes and animals, as well as their recent indulgence in chocolate and ice cream. They also complimented each other's avatars and discussed deluding oneself.
Loren Booda
That which is personally irreplaceable, priceless and essential.

Physics news on Phys.org
Good Health

Freedom. By which I mean, the freedom of a person who doesn't have to work for a living, and not the fake sort of freedom that politicians and ideologues like to sell us.

The ring masssterrssssss!

jimmy p said:
The ring masssterrssssss!
:rofl: For me, it would be taters.

Hapiness and contentment.

Likes gracy
recon said:
:rofl: For me, it would be taters.

What's taters, precious?

Tom Mattson said:
What's taters, precious?

Po-ta-to. Po-ta-to. Po-ta-to.

You can boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew.

I just love that music video they made. :approve:

Definitely freedom. Issue a poll on that question ?

Feel free.

My animals.

Math Is Hard said:
My animals.

Love your new avatar! What a cute, and comfortable, looking kitty!

I would vote for my friends.

Moonbear said:
Love your new avatar! What a cute, and comfortable, looking kitty!

Thanks, MB. I thought it was a suitable metaphor for post-chocolate-binge bliss!
:biggrin:

MIH, your avatar is so CUTE! I see you've been chocoltating. :approve:

Thanks! Oh, yes - I did quite a bit of chocoltating and ice-cream-a-tating (ick -that's not so good - you have to help me with that one) since Tsu's birthday!

Loren Booda said:
Feel free.

That's very good advice. Unfortunately, not everyone can delude themselves to that extent.

What is most precious to me?

This is a difficult question to answer as what is most precious to me can change depending on the circumstances. However, overall, I would say my family and loved ones are the most precious to me. They provide love, support, and happiness in my life.

Is there something that is more important than what is most precious to you?

Again, this answer can vary depending on the situation. However, I believe that my health and well-being are more important than what is most precious to me. Without good health, I would not be able to enjoy the things that are most precious to me.

How do you determine what is most precious to you?

I believe that what is most precious to me is determined by my values, beliefs, and experiences. It can also change over time as I grow and evolve as a person.

Can something material be considered as what is most precious to you?

Yes, for some people, material possessions can be considered as what is most precious to them. However, for me personally, I value relationships and experiences more than material possessions.

Why is it important to know what is most precious to you?

Knowing what is most precious to me helps me prioritize my time and energy. It also allows me to appreciate and cherish the things and people that are most important in my life.