Best of Physics Forums : If I were to advice my students to use Physics Forums

In summary, the conversation is about exploring and sharing good threads on physics forums that can inspire students to use the forum for educational purposes. The original thread title was corrected and the participants express their enjoyment in reading the suggested thread on ice melting.
dharavsolanki
I know there's already a thread named "Best of Physics Forums General Discussion." this is different.

I am going to be teaching a class of 40 from next week for a month and I wanted to give them some reason to stop being lazy and use the net for good returns.

Below I have listed some good proper physics forums threads that I will share with them. Can you add a list of some of your favourite threads that were informative/had a great debate/showed how pf is interactive/how pf can be used a homework help tool?

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=361779 [Icecubes melting in a gravity free hall]
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=386231 [P & C - Unlimited balls of 4 varieties]'
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=406183 [Gear ratios - engineering - basics to common sense!]
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=409054 [ln(1 + cosx) integration]

I'm sure you guys have your own favourites! Please share them here, especially the threads which capture the sharing, teaching, discussing spirit at PF!

Physics news on Phys.org

The thread is wrongly named! Blame sleep debt!

It should be "...my students to use PF".

The purpose of this thread is to explore some really good threads which can make students realize the imp. of PF and teach them how to make the best use of PF.

I've edited the title to what I think you want. If this is not it, let me know.

Zz.

No, this is it. Thank You! :)

I really enjoyed reading the Ice Melting thread. Pretty cool information.

1. Why should I recommend my students to use Physics Forums?

Physics Forums is a valuable online resource that provides a platform for students to interact with a community of experts and enthusiasts in the field of physics. It offers a wide range of discussions, solutions to problems, and resources that can aid in their learning and understanding of physics concepts.

2. How can my students benefit from using Physics Forums?

By using Physics Forums, students can gain access to a diverse range of perspectives and approaches to solving problems in physics. They can also receive personalized help and feedback from experienced members of the community, which can enhance their learning experience and improve their understanding of complex concepts.

3. Is Physics Forums a reliable source of information?

Physics Forums has a strict moderation policy and a community of experts who ensure that the information shared on the forum is accurate and reliable. However, it is always advisable for students to verify the information they receive on the forum with their teachers or other credible sources.

4. Are there any costs associated with using Physics Forums?

No, Physics Forums is a free online platform that is accessible to anyone with an internet connection. It is a non-profit organization that relies on donations to maintain its servers and keep the forum running.

5. Can my students use Physics Forums as a substitute for classroom learning?

No, Physics Forums should not be used as a substitute for classroom learning. It should be seen as a supplement to traditional learning methods. The forum can provide additional resources and help students better understand certain concepts, but it should not replace the guidance and instruction of a qualified teacher.