PF Land Treasure Hunt: Are You Up for the Challenge?

• Thread starter Gokul43201
  • Start date
In summary, The Bob provides a summary of the conversation in which he is thinking of creating a treasure hunt-like game for PF Land. The game will involve following a trail of clues, each leading to another. Some clues might be coded using a simple cipher - nothing that requires serious computation. Others make require cracking a puzzle, using your/Google's knowledge, or solving a math riddle. If you are interested in playing the game, please vote here. If there is enough interest, The Bob will make the game. However, if there is not enough interest, The Bob will not make the game.

Are you interested ? (see post for details)

• Not my kind of thing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I'm thinking of making up a treasure-hunt-like game, to be held entirely within the premises of PF Land. This will be the first time I'm making something like this in a web-forum, so it will be a bit of work for me. So, before I start, I want to make sure there are enough folks interested.

The game will involve following a trail of clues, each leading to another. The clues will mostly be cryptic, and solving them will be a battle of wits. Some clues might be coded using a simple cipher - nothing that requires serious computation. Others make require cracking a puzzle, using your/Google's knowledge, or solving a math riddle.

If you think you'd be interested, please vote here. I'll make the game only if there's a decent interest for it.

Thanks all.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Definite interest on my part!
(And where have my quizzes gone off? :cry:)

Definitely interested !
I wish to have enough time not to arrive last :smile:
Hey ! We could make teams ! I want to be in Gokul's team :blushing: ( :uhh: "they might notice")

Count me in. :biggrin:

The Bob (2004 ©)

Me too, but remember, X marks the spot is TOO obvious... try Z

Why not? It could be fun, yet another way to waste some time.

My name must be on the list, or I'll shoot! :cry:

I had set 10 as the minimum...but being so close, I think I'll give this a shot all the same. I'll put the actual game up, under Brain Teasers, later this week (perhaps a scaled down version of what I originally had in mind).

I'll announce it here, before it comes up.

Last edited:
I'd be very angry if you left me alone to protect your saving accounts. :mad:
I want to HUNT for the big treasure!

But am I paid when I chime in ? $5/post Ok?

I can't think of a good way to make teams...and allow the people within a team to interact, without having the other team listen in. Perhaps the team can interact through private messages, but I'm not sure everyone will like that.

So, I think I'll just put you all in one big team, unless someone has an idea to solve the above problem.

Teams would be much more fun...but I can't see how to implement that. What a pity ! :frown:

Gokul43201 said:
I can't think of a good way to make teams...and allow the people within a team to interact, without having the other team listen in. Perhaps the team can interact through private messages, but I'm not sure everyone will like that.

So, I think I'll just put you all in one big team, unless someone has an idea to solve the above problem.

Teams would be much more fun...but I can't see how to implement that. What a pity ! :frown:

Well MSN is always good but I am to assume not everyone has that so you might want to ask everyone.

The Bob (2004 ©)

The game will be up today in the Brain Teasers section.

Please read all the rules carefully.

Also, I've decided not to make teams. So everyone's in one team. Or you can think of it as two teams : ALL OF Y'ALL vs. ME :devil:
And remember, it's a team effort, so please follow the rules, as they are designed to optimize teamsmanship.

Up for the challenge ?

And the treasure ?

I, as the sole adjudicator, will decide who has contributed the most to solving the clues. This winner will receive a free membership upgrade from me :eek:. And...ummm...if I think that two people are equally worthy, I will allow them to pay for each others' upgrades. :wink: :biggrin:

Hooray!

And when I said "today", I meant by Eastern Time, United States. For folks in Europe, Africa, Asia and Oceania (I've got to be the only nut in the world that uses this word), this could be tomorrow morning.

I'm actually quite nervous about this. I hope I haven't made any giant blunders :eek: - keeping fingers crossed.

The game is to be found here.

For those that have been waiting since reading the rules, THE FIRST CLUE IS NOW UP.

For others : Please read the rules first. I can't seem to stress the importance of this enough.

I'm interested but be aware, if there were a Nobel Prize for solving puzzles I would be the first winner, so bring it on, would be fun.

For those that have missed out, here's an update : THE FIRST CLUE IS SOLVED.

THE SECOND CLUE IS NOW UP :approve:

For newcomers : Please read the rules before jumping in.

For participants : Feel free to post feedback here. Any comments on the first clue ?

"It sucked"..."Too easy"..."Way too hard"...please let me know so I may modify subsequent clues, if needed.

I'm enjoying the treasure hunt! Thanks! First clue was very hard, but I liked that. With multiple parts to solve, it gave more people a chance to play rather than one person coming along and getting the whole thing solved in one guess. The second clue is downright diabolical! :devil: :biggrin: This is great fun!

Hey folks, last night's clue 3 was solved, and there's a new clue...if you know where to find it! [/evil laughter]

Anyway, I'm on my one-day time-out from the game, so have to just sit and watch everyone else play for now.

I've never played a scavenger/treasure hunt on a forum before and had no idea how fun it would be! Gokul's downfall will be us insomniacs who are addicted to PF and just won't stop until the clue is solved! So, folks, join in the fun!

1. What is a treasure hunt?

A treasure hunt is a game or activity where participants are given clues or hints to follow in order to find a hidden treasure. It can be played in various settings, such as indoors or outdoors, and can involve different types of treasures, such as physical objects or virtual prizes.

2. How do you play a treasure hunt?

The rules and setup of a treasure hunt can vary depending on the specific game or event. Generally, participants are given a set of clues or puzzles to solve, which will eventually lead them to the treasure. They may also need to follow a map or navigate through a series of challenges in order to reach the final location of the treasure.

3. What are some benefits of playing a treasure hunt?

Treasure hunts can be a fun and engaging way to promote teamwork, problem-solving skills, and critical thinking. They can also provide a sense of adventure and excitement, and can be a great way to explore a new location or learn about a particular subject or theme.

4. How can I create my own treasure hunt?

To create your own treasure hunt, you will need to come up with a theme or concept, create a set of clues or puzzles, and plan out the route or location of the treasure. You can also incorporate additional elements, such as costumes or props, to make the experience more immersive and entertaining.

5. Are there different types of treasure hunts?

Yes, there are many different types of treasure hunts, such as scavenger hunts, geocaching, and escape room-style hunts. Each type may have its own rules and objectives, but they all typically involve searching for and obtaining a hidden treasure or reward.