Please help me by asking technical questions

• Thread starter KingNothing
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a job interview for an entry-level position that will focus on technical questions related to resistor, bipolar, and CMOS designs. The person has recently graduated and is looking for help in preparing for the interview. They ask for questions related to logic families, issues with connecting different logic families, uses for logic gates with hysteresis, the effects of temperature on current gain in bipolar and CMOS transistors, and the differences between CMOS and bipolar opamps. They also mention a thread on analog circuits that may be helpful.
KingNothing
Hello all. I may or may not have a job interview coming up for an entry-level position. The company's website says the following:

Interviews, both in person and on the phone, are technical and address fundamentals of resistor, bipolar and CMOS (analog and digital) designs.

I just recently graduated and it's been about a year since I had any really technical classes. I did take a CMOS digital design course and all the normal EE classes. I would appreciate it greatly if you all could help me by throwing some questions at me!

Physics news on Phys.org
1) List some logic families, both 5V and 3.3V, and describe when they are used.

2) Are there issues connecting the different logic families together? What are the issues? How do you handle those issues?

3) Describe situations where you would use a logic gate with hysteresis and why.

4) Does current gain go up or down with temperature for a) Bipolar and b) CMOS transistors? Why?

5) Draw an inverting opamp circuit, and explain what some non-ideal properties are of real opamps. What would you expect to be different between CMOS and Bipolar opamps, in terms of these non-ideal properties? What kinds of things do you need to do to accommodate the non-ideal properties of real opamps?

6) Draw a comparator circuit, and describe a) why hysteresis is needed, and b) how you implement it and calculate the value of Vh.

1. What should I do if I am stuck on a technical problem?

If you are stuck on a technical problem, the first thing you should do is try to break down the problem into smaller, more manageable parts. Then, research each part individually and see if you can find a solution. If you are still stuck, you can reach out to other experts in the field for help or consult online resources such as forums and documentation.

2. How can I improve my technical problem-solving skills?

To improve your technical problem-solving skills, it is important to practice regularly and constantly challenge yourself with new problems. You can also try to learn from more experienced professionals in your field and seek feedback on your solutions. Additionally, staying up-to-date with new technologies and industry developments can also help you become a better problem solver.

3. What is the best way to ask for technical help?

The best way to ask for technical help is to provide as much detail as possible about the problem you are facing. This includes specific error messages, steps you have already taken to try and solve the problem, and any relevant code or documentation. This will help the person assisting you to understand the issue and provide a more accurate solution.

4. How can I troubleshoot a technical issue on my own?

When troubleshooting a technical issue on your own, it is important to start with the basics. Check for any obvious errors or mistakes in your code, make sure all necessary files and dependencies are in place, and try to isolate the problem by testing different parts of your code. You can also use debugging tools and consult online resources for guidance.

5. What should I do if I encounter a technical issue that I am not familiar with?

If you encounter a technical issue that you are not familiar with, the best thing to do is to research and learn about the topic. You can consult documentation, online tutorials, and forums to gain a better understanding of the problem and potential solutions. You can also reach out to more experienced professionals for guidance and advice.