What if a black hole had a negative size ?

In summary, this conversation is about maths and the theoretical possibility of a black hole never being reversed. Apparently, if maths tells us that 1*-1 = -1, and it takes a positive cell to repel a positive cell, then theoretically a negative black hole could never be reversed. However, if a black hole sucked everything in down to nothing, its size would decrease.
modaly
If maths tells us 1 * -1 = -1

and it takes a positive cell to repel a positive cell ...

could in theory a negative black hole never be reversed ?

Physics news on Phys.org
What? None of this makes sense.

modaly said:
If maths tells us 1 * -1 = -1

and it takes a positive cell to repel a positive cell ...

could in theory a negative black hole never be reversed ?

What do you mean by "reversed"?

What i mean is if a black hole suck everything in down to nothing then that size is decreasing

What if in theory a negative black hole existed and was sucking everything in would its size increase or decrease ??

modaly said:
What i mean is if a black hole suck everything in down to nothing then that size is decreasing

What if in theory a negative black hole existed and was sucking everything in would its size increase or decrease ??

I have to agree w/ penguin ... you seem to be just stringing together words in ways that don't make any sense.

What do you mean by "negative size"

What do you mean by "negative black hole"

I understand all the words you have used but when put together in that order, they don't seem to add up to anything meaningful.

By the way, since you are new to the forum, let me add that comments such as the one I just made are not intended to be rude. Folks here just tend to call things the way they see them.

Last edited:
1 -1 = 0? Oh nevermind
1*( -1) = -1

I think the mathematics for this discussion might be a bit more sophisticated than that though?

modaly said:

To my knowledge, a black hole does not "suck everything in down to nothing". It merely takes the matter coming in through the event horizon and compresses it into a denser object and breaking down its fundamental particles, therefore increasing in mass (i believe).

oh sorry i should look up thing before posting

i didnt know black holes suck in negative energy.

so what happens to all the positive energy.

A quick suggestion - there are several other threads that discuss properties of black holes you might enjoy reading.

modaly said:
oh sorry i should look up thing before posting

i didnt know black holes suck in negative energy.

so what happens to all the positive energy.

You continue to make no sense at all.

What do you think you mean when you say it sucks in negative energy.

You REALLY need to read more about black holes before posting any more about them

A quick search of "black holes" (drop down) at the top of this page will provide several choices.

Which is a good time to end this thread.

1. What is a black hole with a negative size?

A black hole with a negative size is a hypothetical object that defies the laws of physics. It is a theoretical concept that has not been observed or proven to exist.

2. How would a black hole with a negative size be formed?

It is currently unknown how a black hole with a negative size would form. Since it goes against our current understanding of physics, it is difficult to determine the specific conditions that would result in this type of black hole.

3. What would happen if a black hole with a negative size collided with a regular black hole?

It is uncertain what would occur if a black hole with a negative size collided with a regular black hole. It is possible that they would cancel each other out, resulting in the disappearance of both objects. However, this is purely speculation as we do not have enough information about the properties of a black hole with a negative size.

4. Could a black hole with a negative size exist in our universe?

Based on our current understanding of physics, it is highly unlikely that a black hole with a negative size could exist in our universe. The laws of physics dictate that objects cannot have negative mass or size, making this concept impossible to occur in our reality.

5. How would a black hole with a negative size affect the surrounding space and objects?

Since a black hole with a negative size is a theoretical concept, it is difficult to predict how it would affect the surrounding space and objects. It is possible that it would have a repulsive force, pushing objects away instead of pulling them in like a regular black hole. However, without further research and evidence, this is only speculation.