Searching for quantum loop gravity groups

In summary, the conversation discusses a search for research groups in the field of quantum loop gravity for a PhD program. The participants suggest searching for papers and their authors, as well as checking out the Beyond the Standard Model forum and the LSU university website for potential supervisors. The importance of finding a good supervisor is also mentioned.
Casco
I'm searching for research groups of quantum loop gravity, Does anyone can help me to find at least one of them?.
I want to do my PhD on that topic and I have found kind of hard to find those groups and I am looking for a good supervisor, any reference would be very very helpful.

Thanks...

Physics news on Phys.org
How did you decide you wanted to do LQG? Presumably by reading papers on that. Who wrote those papers? Who did they cite? Where are they at?

Vanadium 50 said:
How did you decide you wanted to do LQG? Presumably by reading papers on that. Who wrote those papers? Who did they cite? Where are they at?

Ok I know what you mean, I know that I want to study LQG because I have read a few articles, but at a informative level, nothing serious. I am just looking for someone with experience on the field so that she or he can give an advise, I had not thought about searching papers and looking for their authors, good idea, I will do that. But I would like to let this message open so that I can get more ideas like yours.

Thanks

Check out the 'Beyond the Standard Model' forum here. Back when I used to read the stuff there it seemed like those guys knew what was going on in LQG so maybe it would be a good idea to search for some stuff there.

romsofia said:
This should help: http://relativity.phys.lsu.edu/ilqgs/

Should mention that LSU is a big university for research in LQG!

Thanks very much there is a lot of information there.

I think that the person with whom are you going to work on your PhD is the one that matters, so I should not worry about the university or should I?? That is why I am searching for a good supervisor.

1. What is quantum loop gravity?

Quantum loop gravity is a theoretical framework that seeks to unify the principles of quantum mechanics and general relativity. It proposes that space and time are made up of tiny, indivisible units called loops, and that these loops interact with one another to create the fabric of the universe.

2. What are quantum loop gravity groups?

Quantum loop gravity groups are the fundamental building blocks of the quantum loop gravity theory. These groups are mathematical structures that represent the interactions between the loops that make up space and time. They are essential for understanding the dynamics of the universe at a quantum level.

3. How are researchers searching for quantum loop gravity groups?

Researchers are using a combination of mathematical models and experimental data to search for quantum loop gravity groups. They are studying the behavior of matter and energy at the smallest scales and testing the predictions of the theory through experiments such as high-energy particle collisions.

4. What are the potential applications of quantum loop gravity?

If quantum loop gravity is proven to be a correct description of the universe, it could have far-reaching implications for our understanding of the cosmos. It could potentially help us understand phenomena such as black holes and the origins of the universe, and could also lead to new technologies based on manipulating quantum loop gravity groups.

5. What challenges are researchers facing in the search for quantum loop gravity groups?

One of the major challenges in the search for quantum loop gravity groups is the lack of experimental evidence. The theory is still in its early stages, and there is currently no way to directly observe quantum loop gravity groups. Additionally, the complexity of the mathematical models used to describe these groups makes it difficult to test their predictions and make progress in understanding their behavior.