Vote for Halo 2 in Spike TV Video Game Awards

• Thread starter Tom McCurdy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Game Video
In summary, the conversation covers various games and their rankings, with some mentioning their personal favorites and opinions. The topic of Halo 2 being nominated for several awards and its gameplay is also discussed, with some disagreeing and others praising it. Some also mention other games that should have been included in the list and their own experiences playing these games. The conversation ends with a discussion about Doom 3 and its gameplay, and how it compares to the original Doom game. Overall, the conversation is a mix of opinions and preferences regarding different games.

Best Video Game?

• Total voters
Tom McCurdy
Go to www.spiketv.com and vote for halo 2 for everything it is nominated for, but here is another poll for pf when you have completed the other voting.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Naw fair. That's a very skewed list; not treating different genres equally.

My personal favorite is Medal of Honor (but I'm not a big gamer).

HL2 for sure.

Only the first 4-5 really count.

I've played Halo 2 and wasn't thoroughly impressed by it. The gameplay wasn't that impressive in my opinion, the graphics are slightly better, but there wasn't anything new added to the single player, no bot match with extra maps, there was limited customization, no statistics to show how many aliens you've killed so far.

HL2 is the best game I have played so far second best was HL1

Not much of a gamer but was waiting for HL2 to come out

best new game you mean, because none of those are definitely not the best games of all time. But from that list id have to say Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. :smile:

The_Professional said:
I've played Halo 2 and wasn't thoroughly impressed by it. The gameplay wasn't that impressive in my opinion, the graphics are slightly better, but there wasn't anything new added to the single player, no bot match with extra maps, there was limited customization, no statistics to show how many aliens you've killed so far.

What--- The thing about halo 2 is it takes about of week of playing before the gameplay starts to make sense especially when your still thinking its halo 1. With the additon of dual wielding halo 2 has multiplied the best multiplayer game of all time by 10. The sword at first seems completely unfair, but once you learn to defend against it it becomes fair. The campaign mode aka single player has been completely revamped... you play as masterchief and as an elite. The cut scenes were godly. Also they have added skulls to the single player that give you special ablities... you can even get the scarab gun! other cheats were invisibility flying, and many other possiblities. Its graphics improved to what the xbox could handel. Overall halo 2 is amazing, and I would have to rate it above everything including half-life 2 which is so dependent on that damn gravity gun.

Where is FarCry or Unreal Tournament 04?

TES III: Morrowind. But out of that list, I'm choosing MGS3.

Ninja Gaiden, come one people, don't like a challenge?

That was the one game where despite wanting to throw my controller many, many times (Freakin Alma!) i was having fun the whole time. It was utterly awesome. I cannot wait for the sequel.

Wow, the only game on this list that I've played is Doom 3. I really got to get out (or stay in?) more.

Gokul43201 said:
My personal favorite is Medal of Honor (but I'm not a big gamer).

Same here, but I love all WWII stuff. Can't wait for the new Medal of Honor to hit PS2.

I really enjoyed the last James Bond game, All or Nothing at All. Looking forward to Golden Eye this week.

I bought the Ace Combat 5 package deal (combat jet), which for $129 comes with a very hefty control stick and throttle/rudder control (USB too!). Very realistic.

This is ridiciolus how can someone choose Doom 3 over halo 2... that's just sad

Tom McCurdy said:
This is ridiciolus how can someone choose Doom 3 over halo 2... that's just sad

Not at all. Doom3 is a great game with magnificent graphics by far better than any ps2 game. Halo 2 will be better when it gets out for PC but will I doubtit will be as good as doom, atleast on the graphics side

Tom McCurdy said:
What--- The thing about halo 2 is it takes about of week of playing before the gameplay starts to make sense especially when your still thinking its halo 1.

Just like most games

With the additon of dual wielding halo 2 has multiplied the best multiplayer game of all time by 10.

You're talking about the multiplayer element. I was referring to the solo single
player mission. It's highly annoying to find that when you switch to your main weapon it automatically drops your 2nd weapon in dual wield mode.

The sword at first seems completely unfair, but once you learn to defend against it it becomes fair. The campaign mode aka single player has been completely revamped... you play as masterchief and as an elite. The cut scenes were godly.

I like the sword. I enjoyed using it especially when I play as elite. But that part of the game where you suddenly switch to becoming an Elite looks like it was ripped off from Metal Gear Solid 2. I don't have a problem with it but it's nothing original either.

Also they have added skulls to the single player that give you special ablities... you can even get the scarab gun! other cheats were invisibility flying, and many other possiblities. Its graphics improved to what the xbox could handel. Overall halo 2 is amazing, and I would have to rate it above everything including half-life 2 which is so dependent on that damn gravity gun.

Graphics and gameplay wise. Doom 3 and Half-Life 2 are far superior to Halo 2 . When it comes to console games, Metal Gear's graphics, plotline and gameplay far surpass Halo 2.

xplay said:
So it’s Doom, right? And it plays just like Doom, right? So what’s the problem? Well the surreal nature of the original Doom doesn’t quite hold water here. Much of the gameplay in the original Doom hinged on the player entering an area whereupon a number of hidden doors would open up and out would pour a slew of monsters for you to kill.

The same holds true for Doom 3. But in a realistically realized Martian colony, filled with rooms and offices that all appear to have a function, why are there so many secret hatches and doors leading to tiny little closets where the monsters just sit and wait for you to walk by? This is by far the dominating feature in the gameplay and it doesn’t really fit the setting Id worked so hard to impart.

There are moments in the game (which we won’t give away) that don’t rely on monsters popping out of closets. It’s these moments that are genuinely frightening and where Doom 3 is firing on all cylinders. But they just don’t come often enough. Mostly, you wander into an area, monsters surround you, and you blow them away. It’s fun, but it’s more mechanical fun than immersive fun.

Lowered Expectations

If you strip away all of those ridiculous expectations that have been built up over the last couple of years you’ll get to the heart Doom 3. It’s a visceral experience that too often falls back on tired shooter clichés. But occasionally, it does rise above the mediocrity to deliver a truly compelling experience. That, coupled with the best graphics available, is more than enough reason to recommend Doom 3.

I agree Doom 3 is alright-- but not great they gave it 4/5 versus halo 2 5/5. Doom 3 is good game- just not as good as halo. It is unfair to compare graphics of computer vs xbox, and as far as campaign goes I am not sure because I got bored with doom 3 upon playing the first couple levels. I have beaten halo 2 twice already. As far as multiplayer goes... there is nothing even CLOSE to halo 2

HALO 2 PWNS in Gameplay. However, I have to go with HL2 for graphics.

1. What are the Spike TV Video Game Awards?

The Spike TV Video Game Awards (now known as The Game Awards) were an annual awards show that recognized outstanding achievements in the video game industry. They were televised on Spike TV from 2003 to 2013.

2. Why should I vote for Halo 2 in the Spike TV Video Game Awards?

Halo 2 was one of the most critically acclaimed and best-selling games of its time. It pushed the boundaries of first-person shooters and had a highly engaging story and multiplayer experience. By voting for Halo 2, you are showing your appreciation for its impact on the gaming industry.

3. How do I vote for Halo 2 in the Spike TV Video Game Awards?

You can vote for Halo 2 by visiting the official website for the Spike TV Video Game Awards and following the instructions for submitting your vote. You may also be able to vote through social media or by texting a specific code.

4. Is there a specific category for Halo 2 in the Spike TV Video Game Awards?

Yes, Halo 2 was nominated for several categories in the Spike TV Video Game Awards, including Game of the Year, Best First-Person Action Game, and Best Online/Multiplayer Game.

5. What other games were nominated for Game of the Year in the Spike TV Video Game Awards?

In the year that Halo 2 was nominated, the other games nominated for Game of the Year were Half-Life 2, Fable, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, and World of Warcraft.