What's Causing the Mysterious Rumbling Sounds in the Sky?

• Thread starter kdog1982
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Strange
In summary, the conversation is about reports of strange rumbling sounds coming from the sky, which last for different lengths of time and have no apparent source. The speaker is looking into fracking locations and atmospheric conditions as possible causes and asks for thoughts on the matter. They also mention a compilation of reports and state that the sounds are not thunder. When asked for more information, they apologize for not providing a link and mention that the reports are being gathered by a friend. They also state that they have ruled out thunder as a possible explanation.
kdog1982
Hi,I'm new here,so forgive me if I don't follow protocol correctly.

I have been following reports across the world of strange rumbling sounds coming from the sky.
Some last just minutes,others many hours.
Most reports that I am looking into deal with a mechanical thumping,humming sound not associated with any earthquakes,plane engines,or any other sources.

Things I am looking into are fracking locations and possible atmospheric conditions causing some sort of sound propagation.

Any thoughts on this?
Thank you in advance.
K

Physics news on Phys.org
How about thunder?

If you want us to have anything to say about this, you will have to point us to the reports you are reading.

You really havn't given us much to go on. Strange rumbling sounds could have a thousand different sources.

My tummy. Around noon.

I apologize for not providing a link.

Here is one that a friend is compiling that is a list of such sounds.
And,no it's not thunder.

And here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah. I see.

How are these reports being gathered? How do you know these people?

And how do you know it's not thunder? Wait, a more well-formed question: how do you rule out thunder as a reasonable explanation for some of these anecdotal accounts? It is certainly the most plausible explanation for some of them.

Sorry, but we don't allow links to crackpot sites.

1. What are "Strange Rumbling Sounds"?

"Strange Rumbling Sounds" refer to low-frequency noises that are often described as a deep rumbling, humming, or droning noise. They have been reported all over the world and have been a topic of scientific study for many years.

2. What causes these sounds?

The exact cause of "Strange Rumbling Sounds" is still a topic of debate among scientists. Some theories suggest that they may be caused by natural phenomena such as earthquakes, volcanic activity, or atmospheric disturbances. Others propose that they are man-made, possibly from industrial or military activities.

3. Where have these sounds been reported?

"Strange Rumbling Sounds" have been reported in various locations around the world, including the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and many other countries. They have been reported in both rural and urban areas, and often in areas where there is no known source of the noise.

4. Are these sounds harmful?

There is currently no evidence to suggest that "Strange Rumbling Sounds" are harmful to human health. However, some people have reported experiencing headaches, nausea, and other symptoms when exposed to these sounds for extended periods of time. More research is needed to fully understand the potential effects of these sounds on human health.

5. Can anything be done to stop these sounds?

Since the exact cause of "Strange Rumbling Sounds" is still unknown, it is difficult to determine if there is a way to stop them. Scientists continue to study these sounds in order to better understand their origins and potentially find a way to prevent or reduce them. However, until more is known about their cause, it is unlikely that a solution will be found.