Confessions of an Economic Hit Man

• News
  • Thread starter polyb
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Economic
In summary: Growth Competitiveness Index" which dictates how much it can receive from the World Bank and on what terms (the higher the better, of course). To get the loans, the poorer nation must sign on to a whole menu of "free-market" policies designed by the World Bank’s "experts."In the 1980’s, John Perkins was an "economic hit man," a job to cheat poor countries out of trillions of dollars by robbing them blind. He did it because he was convinced that this was the best way to help poor people. Today, he tells Amy Goodman on Democracy Now, "It’s a much more subtle strategy than a military coup, which Americans are generally aware of. It’s
polyb
I've been hearing a lot about this book lately and apparently it has topped the NYT's best seller list. Having looked into some interviews I decided it was a a good idea to pass it along and see what kind of feedback the forum would give. Here is a quote from the author's site:

John Perkins said:
Economic hit men (EHMs) are highly paid professionals who cheat countries around the globe out of trillions of dollars. They funnel money from the World Bank, U.S. Agency for International Development, and other foreign “aid” organizations into the coffers of huge corporations and the pockets of a few wealthy families who control the planet's natural resources. Their tools include fraudulent financial reports, rigged elections, payoffs, extortion, sex, and murder. They play a game as old as empire, but one that has taken on new and terrifying dimensions during this time of globalization.

I should know; I was an EHM.

http://www.johnperkins.org/pagina_nueva_3.htm [Broken]

The rest of the preface and prologue are on his site. Here is a link to a book review:

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/books/article/0,1299,DRMN_63_3388037,00.html [Broken]

And here is a short interview:

http://www.pressaction.com/news/weblog/full_article/jackowski01192005/ [Broken]

Given the claims made by the author, it seems to me that when we are to consider politics, once again, the key perspective is always one of economics. It can be never be stated enough that politics and economics are inseparable. To say otherwise is a fallacy and tremendous error of judgement.

Comments?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
In this day and age, I'm not surprised these guy actually exsist. Its the age old combination of sex, politics and money with a modern day twist. Nowadays we need to have some interesting piece of literature about the kind of economic games our government plays with other countries. I'd be surpirsed to learn how these guys don't get caught. There has got to be some legal loophole they get out through, either that or they are just sickeningly good at what they do.

Without reading the book--in all fairness, my first thought is that state governments have been ripping off international finance institution/programs forever. Also state governments have been counterfeiting U.S. currency (only limited organizations, such as state governments have the resources to do this) to such an extent the U.S. had to change the currency. And heck, even the institutions themselves are up to no good, i.e., the UN oil-for-food scandal. In view of Haliburton, I guess our own VP is in on this? Who needs to hire EHMs to do the job? - It’s such a saturated scam. I do agree the global nature of the economy has changed the way the world operates, and that money is tied to everything. Just look at the exchanges made by corporations without regard to what is being sold to whom, trade agreements, etc.

misskitty said:
In this day and age, I'm not surprised these guy actually exsist. Its the age old combination of sex, politics and money with a modern day twist. Nowadays we need to have some interesting piece of literature about the kind of economic games our government plays with other countries. I'd be surpirsed to learn how these guys don't get caught. There has got to be some legal loophole they get out through, either that or they are just sickeningly good at what they do.

Its probably called diplomatic immunity.

With that, you can smuggle heroine into another country, with complete impunity. You could be caught handing the heroine over to a dealer, cash in hand, and be immune.

Humans are so good at pulling off scams though. The government probably though that if everyday Joe Shmoes can get away with coning people, why can't they? Just on a much bigger playing field.

franznietzsche said:
Its probably called diplomatic immunity.

With that, you can smuggle heroine into another country, with complete impunity. You could be caught handing the heroine over to a dealer, cash in hand, and be immune.

Very true. More than likely how they get away with it. If they don't then chances are they get charged with possesion with intent to sell, smuggling, and/or money laundering.

It has been said many times:

"The rich are different! They have money."

With a whopping load of cash one can get away with murder and face no consequences, except a bill to pay off the right people.

So apparently it comes down to greed, that is the only value that is left. Talk about reductio ad absurdum.

steal a little go to jail
steal a lot
and they make you a king

It's guys like this that are the reason I never give to aid organizations.

ray b said:
steal a little go to jail
steal a lot
and they make you a king

Thats a pretty good saying. I've never heard that. It could be said the importance of the economic hit men revolves around that little saying. I mean, seriously, why would the government want to have the most money, goods, and resources? Its simple: To have pull over everything else and whatever you want. I like that saying.

misskitty said:
Thats a pretty good saying. I've never heard that. It could be said the importance of the economic hit men revolves around that little saying. I mean, seriously, why would the government want to have the most money, goods, and resources? Its simple: To have pull over everything else and whatever you want. I like that saying.

paraphrased from a bob dylan song
because I couldnot remember the exact line
:blushing:

Ha! And all along you thought I was crazy! but as soon as someone publishes a book about it EVERYONES ON BOARD WITH THE IDEA! gah!

Confesions from the WINNER OF THE NOBEL PRIZE IN ECONOMICS AND EX World Bank’s former Chief Economist’s

Stiglitz helped translate one from bureaucratise, a "Country Assistance Strategy." There’s an Assistance Strategy for every poorer nation, designed, says the World Bank, after careful in-country investigation. But according to insider Stiglitz, the Bank’s staff ‘investigation’ consists of close inspection of a nation’s 5-star hotels.

Each nation’s economy is individually analyzed, then, says Stiglitz, the Bank hands every minister the same exact four-step program.

When a nation is down and out, the IMF takes advantage and squeezes the last pound of blood out of them. They turn up the heat until, finally, the whole cauldron blows up. It has condemned people to death. They don't care if people live or die. The policies undermine democracy...it's a little like the Middle Ages or the Opium Wars" (Greg Palast, The Best Democracy Money Can Buy, p.50-53)

http://www.gregpalast.com/detail.cfm?artid=78&row=1 [Broken].

The World Bank and the Secret Argentine Plan
Transcript of Interview of Greg Palast, Journalist for BBC and Observer, London, by Alex Jones
http://www.infowars.com/palast.htm

:rofl: yeah the opium war, we were bullied and beaten, we swallowed the blood, the broken teeth, the pride and slowly tried to find our footing. Took us 150 years, that's all.
:rofl:

Could someone tell me what the IMF stands for?

Anyway, ok so now we have arrived at the general consensus that these guys do exsist adn they go steal money from other countries. How much do these guys steal on average anyway? Where does the money go and what does the government do with it anyway?

Just a guess but: Money probably goes into some unmarked account in Switzerland.

misskitty said:
Could someone tell me what the IMF stands for?

Anyway, ok so now we have arrived at the general consensus that these guys do exsist adn they go steal money from other countries. How much do these guys steal on average anyway? Where does the money go and what does the government do with it anyway?

Just a guess but: Money probably goes into some unmarked account in Switzerland.

Officialy they are there to help the poor countrys.

but in reality what they do is borrow money to the corrupt goverments of poor countrys.. the borrowed money is obiusly stealed by the corrupt politicians... and the bebt is payed by the people... They give such an amount of money so it will be imposible to payback... so then they can start imposing their economic and political reformss, in exchange of more loans...

what stiglitz says is they first "Recomnend" the goverments to privatize all it's basics services... Water , electricity, oil, comunications banks and health state companies, who obiusly is selled to corporations of the countrys who support the IMF or the so called "Civilized Wordl" or 1st world countrys...
Of course the corrupt politicians sell the state companies at very very low prices in exchange of some transfers of money in some Swiss bank accounts..

for example in argentina (My country) Carlos menem government (Now exiled in chile for corruption.) in the 90 selled all our state companies...
Water company to Enron
Oil to YPF (Spain), Shell (USA), ESSO (exxon movil)
Comunications (Motorola USA, Telefonica Spain, Telecom Italy)
Electricity (Edenor, France)
Banks, (Citi, Boston, BBVA, etc.)

Now all this companys are making profit out of the esential needs of all the people of the country,. so they need to take the money back to their countries...

So now what the imf start to impose is the Capital Market Liberalization..In theory, capital market deregulation allows investment but of course... all the investments came from loans from the private banks, to this corporations, and the real money goes out of the country..

then the imf start to impose state spending reduction... and rise of taxes.. for the only objective of destroy the country and push the people below the poverty line.

Actualy what the imf is imposing here in argentina is a rise in the electrical, water and comunications bills...with 50% of people under the poverty line. you can imagine what that would mean.. more people prived of the basics services...

I live in argentina and all that start to happen since the us backed military dictatorship of the 70' who cost us 30.000 death and disapeared people...

Now all the ex militaries of the coup are working in the police.. securirty and inteligence services of the goverment... but of course.. under a "democraticaly elected" goverment, controlled by the imf...

Sorry my english..

Your english is better than some of the people who live in my area.

Anyway, can you say "insanely corrupt"?
Thats a lot of money to be taking from the people just to make a profit.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: Money makes the world go round.

Luckily for Malaysia Mahathir rejected the IMF. Mahathir got balls .One victory for the small dude.

IMF stands for the the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and is the international organization responsible for managing the global financial system and for providing loans to its member states to help alleviate balance of payments problems. Part of its mission is to provide assistance to countries that experience serious economic difficulties.

However it is widely acknowledged that the IMF has failed to help because its policies are unsuitable and in fact has caused even more poverty .

It fits all the characteristics of being corrupt. If the policies are unsuitable and they don't do anything but increase the percentage of poor people in a country, then why is it no one is rewriting the policies so they can work for the people instead of against the people? Heaven forbid they don't get something out of it for themselves.

misskitty said:
It fits all the characteristics of being corrupt. If the policies are unsuitable and they don't do anything but increase the percentage of poor people in a country, then why is it no one is rewriting the policies so they can work for the people instead of against the people? Heaven forbid they don't get something out of it for themselves.

Becouse it's not an imf mistake.. it's on pourpuse.. More poverty in a country more they can control it.. more low are salarys. more cheap are exports and his natural resources.. And all theyr "Free Market" policiess all they do is re distribute the whealt in the country, from the lowest classes to the higher ones,, which are composed of foreing corporations from the countrys that support the imf... 1st world countrys or EX cologinalist countrys..

The imf is a new technic of colonialism... but now they found that is much better and easy if you don't have to use guns...

Need I remind everyone (again) that global poverty levels continue to drop?

http://www.ncpa.org/iss/int/2002/pd061102f.html [Broken]

http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/fandd/2002/06/deaton.htm

http://www.census.gov/hhes/poverty/poverty03/pov03fig03.pdf [Broken]

http://www.census.gov/prod/2004pubs/p60-226.pdf

Please note, the US's numbers appear higher than one might expect compared to the rest of the world because our numbers are based on higher standards and do not include supplimental income such as welfare. In a country where there is no welfare, food stamps, etc., income and poverty would be synonomous, but in the US they are not. In addition, the definition of poverty in the US gets more stringent with time, so the the numbers reflect perception more than actual improvement in income/living conditions.

russ_watters said:
Need I remind everyone (again) that global poverty levels continue to drop?

http://www.ncpa.org/iss/int/2002/pd061102f.html [Broken]

http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/fandd/2002/06/deaton.htm

> The poverty line is defined as $2 a day in constant 1985 dollars

> Most of the reduction in poverty is due to rising incomes in China and India since 1980.

The two countrys USA has selected for slave type factorys.. after they economy is destroyed they have legions of unemployments which they can exploit.. the so called reserve army by the bussinesman...

>But poverty has worsened in Africa. And while Latin American poverty rates decreased in the 1970s, they've changed little since then.

I will keep researching on this "world Poverty reduction".

Burnsys said:
Becouse it's not an imf mistake.. it's on pourpuse.. More poverty in a country more they can control it.. more low are salarys. more cheap are exports and his natural resources.. And all theyr "Free Market" policiess all they do is re distribute the whealt in the country, from the lowest classes to the higher ones,, which are composed of foreing corporations from the countrys that support the imf... 1st world countrys or EX cologinalist countrys..

The imf is a new technic of colonialism... but now they found that is much better and easy if you don't have to use guns...

Wow,,, look at the news:

http://www.indybay.org/news/2005/03/1724625.php
The news that Paul Wolfowitz, the US deputy defence secretary neo-con hawk, is a leading contender to head the World Bank has sent a frisson of fear down the spines of development experts across the globe.

Seems that paul, defence secretary now is going to "help" to reduce the world poverty. hahhaha..

Burnsys said:
Most of the reduction in poverty is due to rising incomes in China and India since 1980.

The two countrys USA has selected for slave type factorys.. after they economy is destroyed they have legions of unemployments which they can exploit.. the so called reserve army by the bussinesman...
Interesting - so "slave type factories" actually reduce poverty? The two countries most "exploited" by the US are improving, while countries we don't "exploit" as much are not. So you're saying exploitation is a good thing? Wait, that doesn't make sense... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
russ_watters said:
Interesting - so "slave type factories" actually reduce poverty? Wait, that doesn't make sense... :rolleyes:

Of course it make sense... suppose you have a country with half of it´s people unemployed... you go to that country with let's say, 100.000 U$S and pay 1 U$S a day to each unemployment to work 10 hours for you... that will help to reduce poverty and to reduce the unemployment rate... of course. you are paying 1 dolar for 10 hours of works. that is very close to slavery.

Burnsys said:
Of course it make sense... suppose you have a country with half of it´s people unemployed... you go to that country with let's say, 100.000 U$S and pay 1 U$S a day to each unemployment to work 10 hours for you... that will help to reduce poverty and to reduce the unemployment rate... of course. you are paying 1 dolar for 10 hours of works. that is very close to slavery.
I'm not following - how is it slavery to pay someone? How is exploitation to give someone who is starving to death a job? How is it a bad thing to improve the conditions in a country?

What twisted perceptions you have (and your perceptions are not unusual).

russ_watters said:
I'm not following - how is it slavery to pay someone? How is exploitation to give someone who is starving to death a job? How is it a bad thing to improve the conditions in a country?

What twisted perceptions you have (and your perceptions are not unusual).

How is exploitation to give someone who is starving to death a job?
nice way to look at it. but let's take a look from another point of view
You are abusing those who are starving and payng them much much less that you will pay to someone who isn't starving. just becouse he is starving and he will accept anything., he will even work only for food. Why don't you pay starving people, "international Salary price" just like with oil? anyway. you are not improving the conditions of a country... you first destroy economicaly those country so then you can came and pay a missery salary tho the desesperate people who will work 10 hours for 1 dolar.. and of course, for each 1$ corporations pay to this people, they make like 100 U$S dolars selling their products in other markets.. that is explotation and abuse..

You are not helping them. you are taking advantage of them

Last edited:
Burnsys said:
but let's take a look from another point of view
Ok...
You are abusing those who are starving and payng them much much less that you will pay to someone who isn't starving.
How (why)? You keep claiming it is exploitation, but you are not explaining it. How/why is it exploitation to pay one person one amount and another person a different amount?
just becouse he is starving and he will accept anything., he will even work only for food.
So what? What is wrong with that? Explain.
Why don't you pay starving people, "international Salary price" just like with oil?
Simple: labor is not (yet) a true international market, therefore supply and demand doesn't cross international borders.

Is that what this is about? The economics thing again? It appears you have a way that you would like economics to work and the trouble is that it simply doesn't work that way. And the fact of the matter is, this way is working: it is simply not arguable. If poverty is decreasing as a direct result of our actions, then that's a good thing. Could it be better? Sure - there is always better. But it is simply not arguable that it is bad.
you are not improving the conditions of a country...
How can you say that? You admit that poverty is decreasing in those countries! How can you not call a decrease in poverty an improvement?!?
you first destroy economicaly those country ...
Hehe - sure. Why don't you prove that. Show me how the conditions were better before we started giving people jobs in China. Tell me what specifically we did to destroy the Chinese economy before we started to improve it by pouring money into it. You can't because that is simply a figment of your imagination and you know it.
and of course, for each 1$ corporations pay to this people, they make like 100 U$S dolars selling their products in other markets.. that is explotation and abuse..
How do you figure? Where is it written that a corporation is not allowed to profit or needs to make only a certan profit? Again, you've got a bad case of the 'spostas'. Its 'sposta be that way. Get with reality - it simply isn't that way.
You are not helping them. you are taking advantage of them
Well, ok. If that's the way you need to contort the logic, I understand you a lot better now:

-People are poor, unemployed, and starving.
-Americans give them jobs with low pay.
-People are no longer poor, unemployed, and starving.

You consider all of the above to be a bad thing simply because it allows some Americans to get rich. That's awfully, awfully spiteful. Your hatred of America is so deep that you would allow other people to die if it meant Americans were a little less rich! Sick.

Last edited:
There is an irony here I never picked up on before: With all the talk of socialism/communism being a positive thing in limited doses, its ironic that internationally, economics cannot be anything but capitalism unless we go to a one-world government. Capitalism is the natural order of economics.

Burnsys, you don't want anyone dictating economic policy internationally, and yet thats exactly what you are trying to do!

I don't think there is any way to prove that its abuse and extortion to give someone a job in which they earn money and buy food. Making the living conditions better. Its a contradicting statement.

People think just because there are countries in this world who have a chance to export jobs and make the lives of their foreign employees better and making money while doing it are the most aweful disgusting things on this planet. I bet the person who is being employed and making a wage which he can buy food with might have something to say about that. Now nobody ever said that the wages were fair. Jobs are exported because other countries have few (or no) labour laws. Therefore less money is spent on wages and benefits and such.

Russ has a point, you can't dictate international economics. The courses taken by the economic cycle are population driven, that's how it is. You can't change that. Good luck trying to prove your arguement.

russ_watters said:
Ok... How (why)? You keep claiming it is exploitation, but you are not explaining it. How/why is it exploitation to pay one person one amount and another person a different amount?

Becouse both persons are doing the same work.

just becouse he is starving and he will accept anything., he will even work only for food.
So what? What is wrong with that? Explain.
Well have you think that maybe corporations would benefit from a lot of people starving, and what would happen if for example china would like to rise the minimun wage? corporations are so big and attain so much power they can extort goverments to do what they want...

Simple: labor is not (yet) a true international market, therefore supply and demand doesn't cross international borders.

I was being ironic about international Salary prices.. and yes supply and demand of work do corss international border.. there is a lot of supply in china and a lot of demand in USA for example...

Is that what this is about? The economics thing again? It appears you have a way that you would like economics to work and the trouble is that it simply doesn't work that way. And the fact of the matter is, this way is working: it is simply not arguable. If poverty is decreasing as a direct result of our actions, then that's a good thing. Could it be better? Sure - there is always better. But it is simply not arguable that it is bad.

a system who has billions of people starving obiusly is not working right.
and poverty may be reduced in countrys like china, becouse of american investments,, but where do all the corporations profits came from?? they invest 100.000 dolars in china and they sell their products by 1.000.000 dolars. in capitalism for one to become richer, another has to become poorer..

How can you say that? You admit that poverty is decreasing in those countries! How can you not call a decrease in poverty an improvement?!?

yes improvement for USA 100% improvement for china 10%.

you first destroy economicaly those country ...
Hehe - sure. Why don't you prove that. Show me how the conditions were better before we started giving people jobs in China. Tell me what specifically we did to destroy the Chinese economy before we started to improve it by pouring money into it. You can't because that is simply a figment of your imagination and you know it.

i was talking generaly but that is the subject of this thread, let me quote you some of it:
¨
"Economic hit men (EHMs) are highly paid professionals who cheat countries around the globe out of trillions of dollars. They funnel money from the World Bank, U.S. Agency for International Development, and other foreign “aid” organizations into the coffers of huge corporations and the pockets of a few wealthy families"

"My job, she said, was “to encourage world leaders to become part of a vast network that promotes U.S. commercial interests. In the end, those leaders become ensnared in a web of debt that ensures their loyalty. We can draw on them whenever we desire—to satisfy our political, economic, or military needs. In turn, they bolster their political positions by bringing industrial parks, power plants, and airports to their people. The owners of U.S. engineering and construction companies become fabulously wealthy.”

"Executives at our most respected companies hire people at near-slave wages to toil under inhuman conditions in Asian sweatshops. Oil companies wantonly pump toxins down rain forest rivers, consciously killing people, animals, and plants and committing genocide among ancient cultures. "

"The income ratio of the one-fifth of the world’s population in the wealthiest countries to the one-fifth in the poorest went from 30:1 in 1960 to 74:1 in 1995."

http://www.johnperkins.org/pagina_nueva_3.htm [Broken]

How do you figure? Where is it written that a corporation is not allowed to profit or needs to make only a certan profit?
it's not written but i think it should be...

Again, you've got a bad case of the 'spostas'. Its 'sposta be that way. Get with reality - it simply isn't that way. Well, ok. If that's the way you need to contort the logic, I understand you a lot better now:

-People are poor, unemployed, and starving.
-Americans give them jobs with low pay.
-People are no longer poor, unemployed, and starving.

You consider all of the above to be a bad thing simply because it allows some Americans to get rich. That's awfully, awfully spiteful. Your hatred of America is so deep that you would allow other people to die if it meant Americans were a little less rich! Sick.
some americans which are the top rich americans not the avergare americans. those who loss their jobs becouse they where tranfered to china, India etc.
i am not saying that other people should die, i am saying they should be payed correctly acordnig to they work.,. not they need...

misskitty said:
People think just because there are countries in this world who have a chance to export jobs and make the lives of their foreign employees better and making money while doing it are the most aweful disgusting things on this planet. I bet the person who is being employed and making a wage which he can buy food with might have something to say about that. Now nobody ever said that the wages were fair. Jobs are exported because other countries have few (or no) labour laws. Therefore less money is spent on wages and benefits and such.

To add to what you and Russ are saying here, IF there was no cost savings in exporting the jobs (i.e., if workers elsewhere were paid the same as workers in the U.S., as Burnsys seems to be arguing should be done), then the economic reality is the companies would not bother to export those jobs. So, do we pay people in those countries less than workers in the U.S., which provides a benefit to them (food on their table) AND a benefit to the company exporting the job (high profits), or do we not pay the people in those countries anything and keep all the jobs in the U.S. where neither the people in those other countries nor the companies benefit, other than to avoid the added expense and hassle of running the company out of more than one country for no added profitability? From an economic standpoint, those are the options.

To call it exploitation to give someone a job for a lower salary because they live in a place with a lower cost of living overall would be pretty much the same as saying it's exploitation to give someone a job in the midwest of the US, where cost of living is fairly low, a lower salary than someone living in a large coastal city where cost of living is quite high.

misskitty said:
Russ has a point, you can't dictate international economics. The courses taken by the economic cycle are population driven, that's how it is. You can't change that. Good luck trying to prove your arguement.

They are not population driven. they are dictated by the imf, the WB and the biggest multinational corporations..

Burnsys said:
Becouse both persons are doing the same work.
What does that have to do with anything? You are the one who argued in another thread that people should not pay the same amount for the same item. You can't have it both ways.

Again, Burnsys - that's how economic works. That's reality and there is nothing inherrently moral or immoral about it.
You are abusing those who are starving and payng them much much less that you will pay to someone who isn't starving.
Again, why? You keep stating these things as if they are a priori givens. They are not. You need to prove them. My point/justification is simple: providing someone who has no food with a means of getting food is a good thing.
Well have you think that maybe corporations would benefit from a lot of people starving...
Corporations benefit from the fact that there is a lot of poverty in the world. That is true. But in the same act that causes them to benefit, the poor also benefit. This is one of the beautiful things about capitalism: the corporations don't have to care abou the little guy to improve conditions for him.
...and what would happen if for example china would like to rise the minimun wage? corporations are so big and attain so much power they can extort goverments to do what they want...
If China implimented/raised a minimum wage, corporations would have to pay more money. Simple as that. You really think an American company can bully a country like China?
...and yes supply and demand of work do corss international border.. there is a lot of supply in china and a lot of demand in USA for example...
Yeah, I didn't say that right: what I meant was there is an inequity between the supply and demand in different places. The inequity for things like oil is very low and thus prices are relatively consistent - the inequity for labor is extremely high, so prices can vary vastly from one place to another. The global labor market is not mature.
a system who has billions of people starving obiusly is not working right.
That system is called "communism" - you're arguing against the wrong thing. Capitalism is causing the improvement, not causing the problem.
and poverty may be reduced in countrys like china, becouse of american investments,, but where do all the corporations profits came from?? they invest 100.000 dolars in china and they sell their products by 1.000.000 dolars.
As a matter of fact, the money comes from me. You've heard of the trade deficit, right? Its a big issue for the US and it means that vast sums of money are flowing from the US to China.
...in capitalism for one to become richer, another has to become poorer..
We've had that discussion before. It quite simply isn't true. Heck, the numbers are here in this thread: poor Chinese are getting richer and Americans are getting richer. Who then is getting poorer?
..yes improvement for USA 100% improvement for china 10%.
So what? An improvement is still an improvement!
i was talking generaly but that is the subject of this thread, let me quote you some of it...
That specific thing is a crime and is irrelevant to the question I asked. Your claim was that the system of capitalism is causing this problem. Someone committing a crime is no obeying the system.
it's not written but i think it should be...
why, Why, WHY, WHY, *WHY*?? You keep making these assertions. Tell me why. Why is it not ok that a company profits a lot while a an individual profits a little (caveat: a little in absolute terms, but in relative terms, the individual who had no income and now has $1 a day has improved his income by an infinite amount)?
some americans which are the top rich americans not the avergare americans. those who loss their jobs becouse they where tranfered to china, India etc.
That's another factually incorrect statement. Unemployment in the US reamains at near historical lows. Even with a lot of jobs being shipped overseas, the economy is still humming right along. Besides - don't you want us to fail?
i am not saying that other people should die, i am saying they should be payed correctly acordnig to they work...
The alternative to American companies shipping their jobs overseas and paying people enough to eat is for American companies to not ship their jobs overseas, causing people to starve to death. You have made your preference abundantly clear.

Last edited: