Are Humans Gods from Different Perspectives?

• Thread starter Chaos' lil bro Order
  • Start date
In summary, an ant's perspective suggests that humans are not gods, but there is only one God. A human could dig up an ant colony and place it on the other side of the Earth very easily, and 50th century humans are not gods. From God's perspective, an ant is God. When does a loop finish and a dog's nose touch his tail?
Chaos' lil bro Order
From an ant's perspective, we are Gods. A human could dig up an ant colony and place it on the other side of the Earth very easily.

From a golden age human's perspective, 21st century humans are Gods. A 21st century human can fly, can levitate objects with magnetism, can make machines magically move with electricity.

From a 21st century human's perspective, 50th century humans are Gods. A 50th century human can teleport instantly anywhere, can telekinetically move objects through space, can read your mind by observing glucose concentrations in various niches of your brain.

From a 50th century human's perspective, God is God. Or is he?

From God's perspective, an ant is God? When does a loop finish and a dog's nose touch his tail?

Physics news on Phys.org
Gawd, not another "If a tree falls in a forest..." geeze-Louise infinity question...

Ant's perspective?

Chaos' lil bro Order said:
From an ant's perspective, we are Gods. A human could dig up an ant colony and place it on the other side of the Earth very easily.

From a golden age human's perspective, 21st century humans are Gods. A 21st century human can fly, can levitate objects with magnetism, can make machines magically move with electricity.

From a 21st century human's perspective, 50th century humans are Gods. A 50th century human can teleport instantly anywhere, can telekinetically move objects through space, can read your mind by observing glucose concentrations in various niches of your brain.

From a 50th century human's perspective, God is God. Or is he?

From God's perspective, an ant is God? When does a loop finish and a dog's nose touch his tail?

It is possible that if an ant had a 'perspective' it would be that humans are not Gods but that humans are more like Demons that wreck his world.

Unfortunately, it is impossibe and will remain impossible for any Real Life Form on this planet to evolve to the God attributes of ALL POWERFUL, ALL KNOWING, AND ALL PRESENT. This kind of God is not composed of anything that can evolve.

Hopefully, 50th century humans (if humans survive) will become more like gods, but humans will never become like God.

From an ant's perspective, we are not gods,but there is only one God. A human could dig up an ant colony and place it on the other side of the Earth very easily as well as God who can place any human anywhere

From a golden age human's perspective, 21st century humans , A 21st century human can fly, can levitate objects with magnetism, can make machines magically move with electricity but he can't stop his death and can't be sure what is going to happen the next day,or even the next minute

If humans are really gods,why are they immortal,and the universe can take only one god.moreover,humans aren't gods,as after all their technologies and
invention a minute micro organism can kill him and stop his crap about him being a god

50th century humans are not gods and as monkeys remain monkeys,humans remain humains and there will be always one godeven after all the creatures die

In addition,didn't u think about how did the humns and the universe exist?didn't u think about who'd created this accurate universe with all these atoms,neutrons and quarks?

humans exist to be tested and judjed and to live in this world and explore and work in it.god didn't just create this universe without a purpose but for us to explore and utilise

hesham said:
From an ant's perspective, we are not gods,but there is only one God. A human could dig up an ant colony and place it on the other side of the Earth very easily as well as God who can place any human anywhere

From a golden age human's perspective, 21st century humans , A 21st century human can fly, can levitate objects with magnetism, can make machines magically move with electricity but he can't stop his death and can't be sure what is going to happen the next day,or even the next minute

If humans are really gods,why are they immortal,and the universe can take only one god.moreover,humans aren't gods,as after all their technologies and
invention a minute micro organism can kill him and stop his crap about him being a god

50th century humans are not gods and as monkeys remain monkeys,humans remain humains and there will be always one godeven after all the creatures die

In addition,didn't u think about how did the humns and the universe exist?didn't u think about who'd created this accurate universe with all these atoms,neutrons and quarks?

humans exist to be tested and judjed and to live in this world and explore and work in it.god didn't just create this universe without a purpose but for us to explore and utilise

This seems to be a religious post, but since it brings up reasons and valid discussion points I'll allow it. But hold down the preaching.

I saw it as more of a simplistic example of scales of magnitude. The religious overtones were not intended, and yes I know God by definition is immortal, omnipotent and all that jazz. I merely wanted to illustrate a point that perspectives shift with time, and the impossible becomes possible and that some 'powers' that were thought 'Godly' in the past, are currently trivial. For this reason then, we must except the future triviality of what find exclusively within 'Godly' power today. That is all. We will be immortal soon thanks to Crick and Watson.

What has this post to do with the topic of this forum?

Is it perhaps brought up in Parallel Worlds? I haven't read it yet (though I recently bought it--im reading Visions right now though).

There was a quote from the movie X-Men made by the antagonist "Magneto" who said to another character: "You are a god among ants."

Perspectives are interesting, simply because a perspective represents an individual's lack of information/knowledge. People consider the concept of "god" as being entirely more than anything that can possibly be perceived because people do not and cannot understand the full encompassment of the concept of "god." If an ant could percieve humans in a "conscious" manner, they could consider humans to be "gods" because they do not fully understand humans. If they could fully understand humans and all their capabilities, they could conclude that there must be something greater than humans. Similarly, if humans could possibly understand "god" and all the capabilities of "god," humans could conclude that there must be something more than "god." God, by nature and concept, must not be able to be understood to any complete manner in an individual's perspective. Otherwise, surely humans could consider "god" to be great and powerful, but not all there is. When something becomes understandable, it becomes mere. "Whenever people learn something sufficiently well, they cease to be aware of it." ~ Mark Weiser

http://community.middlebury.edu/~briggs/Courses/FYS029/WeiserSciAm.htm [Broken]

The concept of "god" stretches to infinities for whatever you are considering (omnipotence, omipresence, omniscience, etc). Human mentalities don't work well with infinities because people have generally come to the conclusion that nothing is infinite (humans, planets, universes, all coming to ends). This makes becoming a true "god," in its respective concept, impossible as long as things remain finite (even the human race is questioned for its continued existence and prevalence).

Humans continue on their aspiration towards becoming "more like god" in terms of capabilities. But humans should also realize that no matter how advanced they become, they are always limited by their own invention, whereas the golden concept of "god" is that which is unlimited and unbound, absolute, completely independent of anything and everything. A 50th century human would be completely dependent on his/her technologies to make them "more like a god." If they are stripped of all their advancements besides their own mind and body, they are defenseless and unable to attain any placement in steps towards being "like a god" besides information they might know. Always being dependent (is there some way that a human could be born with the ability to freely manipulate space, time, and multiple dimensions?), humans cannot be "like god."

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my $.02, god must exist and my proof is a classical circular argument.

In order to prove or disprove the existence of god, we must travel to and observe all possible places at all possible times simultaneously.

If God exists, by this means we shall find God. If not, then by the time we find out, we shall have become omnipotent and all knowing, therefore we, by definition, shall have become god.

Problem solved.

BTW, the original post is also a form of circular logic. As such, it is automatically highly suspect. But as Einstein proved with brownian motion, circular logic is sometimes correct.

From a scientific view, God (or if you prefer to call it a Higher Power) is/has the answer to unsolved questions. Human mind want answers on all qeastions and when we don't have them, it's God who is "the creator of it" and he has the answer, so we will be below God as long as we have question without answers... and as we all know: every time we find the answer of a question, we get like 100 new questions to answer, so theoretically we will never learn everything... and hypothetically - if we would want to know EVERYTHING - we have to know it from the very beginning, so that no questions ever arise, that causes 100 new questions.

conclusion: since we will always have questions without answers, we will never reach the stage where we would think of ourselves as God (except those persons who reaches insanity ;))

the word "God" is not the correct word to use in the first post or you need to include "seemingly" to qualify the argument.

If you want to see god, look in the mirror. Everything "exists" in our minds. And most of us barely utilize the power of the human brain.

Ah, but the human is only a God in the mind of the ant, so you have to go inside the mind of the ant to find the man to which it is God, which is much smaller than the ant. And to man, future man is God only in the mind of present man, which is the mind of the man in the mind of the ant. So everything is in the mind of the ant, therefore the ant is God. So God, the ant, created man, Adam, in his own image, but because mirrors were an invention of man and man is in the mind of the ant, the ant created man in the image of man, which is God to the ant so God is still creating man in God's image. Hence Adam Ant was the first man.

El Hombre Invisible said:
Ah, but the human is only a God in the mind of the ant, so you have to go inside the mind of the ant to find the man to which it is God, which is much smaller than the ant. And to man, future man is God only in the mind of present man, which is the mind of the man in the mind of the ant. So everything is in the mind of the ant, therefore the ant is God. So God, the ant, created man, Adam, in his own image, but because mirrors were an invention of man and man is in the mind of the ant, the ant created man in the image of man, which is God to the ant so God is still creating man in God's image. Hence Adam Ant was the first man.

Quod erat confusimum.

El Hombre Invisible said:
:rofl: :rofl:

I completely disagree. Man can easily achieve a state of "godhood". Science will one day create the "longevity vacine" which will tell our cells not to die. Medicine will some day get to the point that death itself will not matter to the physician. We are on a path that will lead us to the cliff of immortality. I do not think we will ever claim to be gods, yet gods we will be.

its like that joke:
Oneday an advanced-stage humanity decided to do away with God. They picked one engineer to go and tell Him that they were done with Him. The engineer walked up to God and said, "God, we've decided that we no longer need You. We're to the point that we can clone people and do many miraculous things, so why don't You just go on and get lost."

God listened patiently to the man, and after the engineer was done talking, God said, "Very well! How about this? Let's have a man-making contest."

The man replied, "Okay, great!" But God added, "Now we're going to do this just like I did back in the old days with Adam." The engineer said, "Sure, no problem." He bent down and grabbed himself a handful of dirt. God looked at him and said, "No, no, no. Go get your own dirt!"

lol i like that, havnt heard it before, but i like it.

I think Chaos has a point. When God created man, I don't think he knew we'd become quite like we are today. Eve was never supposed to partake from the Tree, but she did, and look where we are. So, God might have seen ants as a race that merely exists to serve its purpose (building) and respects that.

but then the aliens will come down and swoop up the vaccine...leaving us to die..
what exactly is the perspective of ants of us can anyone know? Its like comparing us to the CNEtower.imagine living amongst the world of CNEtowers.

kurushio95 said:
I think Chaos has a point. When God created man, I don't think he knew we'd become quite like we are today. Eve was never supposed to partake from the Tree, but she did, and look where we are. So, God might have seen ants as a race that merely exists to serve its purpose (building) and respects that.
God didn't know? For an omnipotent being, then, he's pretty cack!

well, think about it. if he knew Eve would take the apple from the tree, why even put the tree there? seems to me that particular event escaped God's foresight

There are a lot of things that us humans don't know. We don't know how the universe was created. We just have theories. That is the one trait of humans that make us different than the rest of the animal kingdom. We have theories, and we set out to understand why we have those theories. You get my meaning?

Last edited:
Humans??

Humans who are mostly ignorant, senseles, messy, careless..bla bla??

U got to be kiddin me..

If god is real, he knew before he created Eve that she would eat the fruit. He knew it before the tree, before the Earth haveing form, that's kinda part of god being god, right? KK, now check this out. It says we humans have he power of free will, knowing good and evil, the "power of the gods" lol. It says the angels dont, and that's what separates us. They are celestial, were not. They have only the will of god, right? Paul said they don't have free will or even thought other than fulfilling the purpose of god. So, how did Satan do that? If angels can only do what god wants them too, how exactly could the devil just spout thoughts on his own, and serve his own purposes? What if god ment for Eve to eat the fruit and the devil's still doing his will. It says fear god a lot in the bible. Ecl. 12:13 says to sum it all up, the conclusion is: fear god and keep his commandments. pretty freaky. He only says to love him once that I know of (the ref. jesus used saying the greatest commandment is to love god, the real verses of this are near where it talks about the 10 commandments) and it goes on to say later in the verse 3 times to love god is to fear god. Seriously, says fear him 3 times, love him once in that same little paragraph. I'll look up those verses. But anyway, god in the old testement don't sound like that nice of a greater being, he seemed a little like an ass, wanting worshiped and curseing and flooding and destroying. Kinda like a B rated hollywood flick, but with more blood and sex.

Last edited:
This is turning into a lot of philosophy and theology. Not to be mean, but I don't recall reading much about theology and religion in Parallel Worlds.

Sempiternity said:
This is turning into a lot of philosophy and theology. Not to be mean, but I don't recall reading much about theology and religion in Parallel Worlds.

Right. I am locking this thread. Arguments about the nature of god or gods belong on the Philosophy subforums.

1. What is the main theme of "Humans: Gods from Ants to God"?

The main theme of "Humans: Gods from Ants to God" is the evolution of humans and how we have evolved to become the dominant species on Earth. It explores the idea that humans have god-like abilities and how we use them to shape our own destiny.

2. How does the book explain the concept of humans as gods?

The book explains the concept of humans as gods by looking at the advancements we have made in science, technology, and society. It also discusses how humans have created and worshiped gods throughout history and how we have the power to shape our own reality.

3. Is there any scientific evidence to support the idea of humans as gods?

While the idea of humans as gods is more of a philosophical concept, there are some scientific theories that support it. For instance, the theory of evolution shows how humans have evolved to become the dominant species on Earth, giving us god-like abilities over other species.

4. How does the book explore the role of religion in the idea of humans as gods?

The book discusses the role of religion in shaping our perception of gods and how humans have created and worshiped gods throughout history. It also looks at how religion has influenced our understanding of ourselves and our place in the universe.

5. What are some key takeaways from "Humans: Gods from Ants to God"?

Some key takeaways from "Humans: Gods from Ants to God" include the idea that humans have god-like abilities and the power to shape our own destiny, the role of religion in shaping our perception of gods, and the impact of human evolution on our understanding of ourselves and the world around us.