Is Nobody Excited about Sony's PSP?

• Thread starter Les Sleeth
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Excited
In summary, the Sony Playstation Portable is a great way to spend your time. It has a great gaming experience and is also able to play movies and mp3's.
Les Sleeth
Gold Member
I was a little surprised not to see any talk here about Sony's Playstation Portable. I got one the day they came out. I figured I would have limited use for it, like waiting to get my tires changed, or the morning visit to the bathroom, or during longs trips. Instead, I haven't been able to put it down, it's so much fun! It plays DVD quality (almost) movies, you can download music for it like an IPod, and of course play games. You can play games with other PSP users wirelessly too who are nearby.

I am amazed at the quality of the gaming, Sony has done a great job. A particularly nice feature is being able to turn off the portable in the midst of a game, and then turn it on later to find the game right where you left it. That speed of access makes it tempting to take the PSP wherever I go, in or out of the house. It's a sexy looking thing too :tongue2: and with enough weight to make you feel like you are holding something substantial when playing.

Anybody else love it?

Computer science news on Phys.org
My son has one...and he won't give it to me. On a recent trip, I made him drive so I could play with the Portable Playstation, everything about it was easy to use and fun.

hypatia said:
My son has one...and he won't give it to me.

Just keep reminding him who suffered hours and hours just to bring the little ingrate into the world o:), who he (probably) owes tons of money to :cry: , who loved him when nobody else did :!), who he needs there to pick him up when he falls flat on his face :bugeye: . . . and then take the damn thing and have fun 'cause you deserve it.

hypatia said:
On a recent trip, I made him drive so I could play with the Portable Playstation. . .

Sounds like trickery to me. You must be an experienced mom.

I bought one too, and I like it very much!
I only bought it for the gaming, it would not have made any difference to me if it could not play movies and mp3's.

1. What is Sony's PSP?

Sony's PSP, or PlayStation Portable, is a handheld gaming device that was released in 2005. It allows users to play video games, watch movies, listen to music, and more.

2. Why is nobody excited about Sony's PSP?

There could be a variety of reasons why the excitement for Sony's PSP has dwindled. Some possible reasons include the rise of smartphones and their ability to perform similar functions, the emergence of newer and more advanced gaming consoles, and a lack of new and innovative games for the PSP.

3. Is Sony's PSP still relevant?

While the PSP may not be as popular as it once was, it still has a loyal fanbase and continues to be sold and supported by Sony. Additionally, there are still new games being released for the PSP, making it a relevant device for gaming enthusiasts.

4. How does Sony's PSP compare to other handheld gaming devices?

The PSP was once considered one of the top handheld gaming devices, but it has since been surpassed by newer devices such as the Nintendo Switch. However, the PSP still has its own unique features and library of games that may make it a better choice for some individuals.

5. Can the PSP be used for anything other than gaming?

Yes, Sony's PSP can also be used for watching movies, listening to music, and browsing the internet. It also has the ability to connect to WiFi and access online features such as multiplayer gaming and downloading content.