Saturn is diminished and can be put into a PURE water container

In summary, Saturn has a low density and would float in water with about 3/10ths of its bulk above the water line. However, this is just a thought experiment as Saturn is not a rigid object and would fall apart in water.
lwymarie
Now imagine the Saturn is diminished and can be put into a PURE water container ..

Then Is that the Saturn is immersed half of itself till the centre of the Saturn ?? (Since Saturn also has gravity itself )

Astronomy news on Phys.org
What?

do you mean Saturn's floating??
well if this is what u mean,
yes
because it has a high density

A_I_ said:
do you mean Saturn's floating??
well if this is what u mean,
yes
because it has a high density
No, Saturn has a low density - lower than water. If your bathtub were big enough, you could float Saturn in it.

But I don't know if that's what he/she's asking.

hmmm, i don't have a clue what he means but his use of 'the saturn' anoys me the most. just saturn please...

sorry AcEY, we don't all have the grasp of the english language that you seem to have...

lwymarie; maybe you could re-phrase your question.

sorry for my poor english..
what i mean is: Saturn floats on water. But does it immerse a small part in the water?

The question is hard to answer because your question is not clear.

If you shrink Saturn to fit in a container it will have little gravity so it would not affect things. Saturn is made out of gas and is not rigid so it would fall apart in your bathtub. For water to be liquid it needs to be at a high enough temperature to boil away your mini Saturn.

If you mean a rigid sphere with the same density as Saturn it would would on the water, with some part of it submerged.

thanks for correcting Dave, i just figured it out after i got back home..
hehe

Saturn has an average density of about 0.69g/cm^3, which is only 7/10ths that of water. It would float with 3/10ths of its bulk above the water line.

This is, of course, a thought experiment. It can't be done - even in principle - since, as Bjorn points out, it is not a rigid object, but mostly a ball of gas with a dense core. The gravitational forces would intermingle.

1. What does it mean for Saturn to be "diminished"?

"Diminished" in this context refers to the process of reducing Saturn's size or volume. This can be achieved through a variety of methods, such as compression or cooling.

2. Why is it important to put Saturn into a PURE water container?

The use of a pure water container is important to prevent any contamination of the Saturn sample. Any impurities or foreign substances could alter the chemical composition of Saturn, making it difficult to study and analyze accurately.

3. How is Saturn put into a PURE water container?

The process of putting Saturn into a pure water container involves carefully extracting a sample of Saturn and transferring it into a container filled with pure water. This can be done through various techniques such as filtration, centrifugation, or distillation.

4. Can Saturn be kept in a PURE water container indefinitely?

While Saturn can be preserved in a pure water container for a significant amount of time, it is not recommended to keep it in this state indefinitely. Over time, Saturn may undergo chemical changes or reactions that can alter its properties and make it less representative of its natural state.

5. What can we learn from studying Saturn in a PURE water container?

Studying Saturn in a pure water container can provide valuable insights into its composition and properties. By isolating Saturn from external factors, scientists can more accurately analyze its chemical and physical characteristics, which can help us understand the formation and evolution of this planet.