Ghost Adventures on Travel Channel

In summary: I would eat them the other way around and just eat the white goop off the cookie. It didn't bother me as much if I ate them that way because I knew I was basically eating sugar and chocolate, not two separate things.)
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
First I don't understand why this show is on the Travel Channel. Some stupid guy that locks himself into supposedly haunted buildings overnight and films himself screaming and pretending to see stuff. For halloween they are doing a "live" broadcast where "viewers" can posts their comments and point out the "ghosts" that they see on tv to other viewers.

It's halloween, so I wondered if anyone here watches this show and why? I have never been able to watch an episode, it's that hokey.

All of the channels that started off with a decent idea, History Channel, The Learning Channel, Discovery Channel, have all resorted to this sort of crackpot nonsense in order to make money. Is there no hope that shows on real science can draw an audience?

Physics news on Phys.org
I guess this can be an 'all things halloween" thread. I am watching a show on Halloween on the History channel. They just showed how candy corn is made. So my question is "how do *you* eat candy corn? I personally eat them one color layer at a time. You have to bite off each color individually, you cannot eat the whole thing at once. Am I right?

With all these ghost shows, past and present, how can people still hold on to the hope of seeing a ghost when none of them have ever shown a single one?

I used to eat candy corn like that when I was a kid, but now... I just don't eat candy corn.

But when I do, I just throw them in my mouth one at a time and eat them whole.
A lot of girls I know dissect their food. Like disassembling a pizza and then eating each ingredient one by one. Or eating all the chocolate off the ice cream sunday before eating the ice cream.
I figure the food was meant to be eaten all together. So I was never one to take apart my Oreo's and lick all the cream out and then eat the dry chocolate cookies by themselves.
But I did used to take all the cream out of like 10 of them and pile it between 2 cookies and have a giant disgusting pile of sugar.

What are some of the worst Halloween goodies you received as a kid?

I remember getting:
Toothbrushes
3 page Bible themed coloring books
Raisins
Pen and Post-it notes advertising the family business

I think it's more that they just can't come up with enough shows about real science to fill in all the times on a channel that runs them 24-7. Though, I wish they hadn't all sunk to these stupid ghost hunter things. I can understand it on Halloween, it fits the theme of the night. But, I don't know why they end up being regular shows.

I eat oreo's by scraping the white goop into the trash and eating the chocolate cookie plain.

It's been awhile since I've eaten candy corn, but watching it being made has made me crave some.

Oooh, they just showed a haunted hpuse called the Darkness in St louis, MO. Now that is one good haunted house.

Evo said:
They just showed how candy corn is made. So my question is "how do *you* eat candy corn? I personally eat them one color layer at a time. You have to bite off each color individually, you cannot eat the whole thing at once. Am I right?

How candy corn is made, on the History Channel? Shouldn't that be a Food Network show? :rolleyes: The things they put on these channels makes no sense.

I was never a big fan of candy corn, maybe because I don't eat it right. :biggrin: I just eat the whole thing...they're too small to nibble. I only nibbled food like that if my sister was down to one piece too, and then she'd eat the whole thing in one bite, and I'd nibble mine slowly just to torture her that I still had one left (as if I got more than she did, so mine lasted longer).

Moonbear said:
I think it's more that they just can't come up with enough shows about real science to fill in all the times on a channel that runs them 24-7.

I think a big problem is that making a well produced show is expensive. Richard Dawkins asked some BBC people he knew to estimate how much it would cost to recreate the "Cosmos" series with modern production quality and it was something prohibitively high.

Evo said:
I eat oreo's by scraping the white goop into the trash and eating the chocolate cookie plain.

That's just sacrilege! How can you waste that precious white goop? You have to eat that off first, then dunk the cookie part in milk.

(Though, when I was a kid, we ate Hydrox cookies, not Oreos, so when you opened up the cookie, you first had to say "Hi Drox!" :biggrin:)

Moonbear said:
How candy corn is made, on the History Channel? Shouldn't that be a Food Network show? :rolleyes: The things they put on these channels makes no sense.
Now the History Channel has a show on Sasquatch on. <sigh>

Evo said:
Now the History Channel has a show on Sasquatch on. <sigh>

Cryptozoology: Cause snipe hunts are fun for adults too.

I guess I won't bother to go downstairs and watch TV then.

I'll just keep enjoying my glass of witch's brew here.
WitchBrew.jpg

I decided to make some sort of concoction themed for Halloween.
2 parts pineapple juice
1 part malibu rum
1 part midori melon liquor (that's what makes it green)
a splash of triple sec

Shake over ice and strain into a martini glass. Top off with a little tonic water to give it a bit of fizzle and keep it from being overly sweet.

It's truly a horrendous shade of green that could only be right to drink on Halloween. :biggrin:

I couldn't think of a good garnish for it though. I think it might be best served with a lychee or two in it, sort of like eyeballs. Not sure if something like a gummi worm would melt and make it disgusting. I don't have either of those, so couldn't try. I think this could easily be made in a larger batch and served in a punch bowl for a party.

Edit: Oh, the apple was just on the counter, so I added it to the picture...think poison apple to go with witch's brew. :biggrin: I wonder if an apple slice would work as a garnish. Hmmmm.

Moonbear said:
I guess I won't bother to go downstairs and watch TV then.

I'll just keep enjoying my glass of witch's brew here.
WitchBrew.jpg

I decided to make some sort of concoction themed for Halloween.
2 parts pineapple juice
1 part malibu rum
1 part midori melon liquor (that's what makes it green)
a splash of triple sec

Shake over ice and strain into a martini glass. Top off with a little tonic water to give it a bit of fizzle and keep it from being overly sweet.

It's truly a horrendous shade of green that could only be right to drink on Halloween. :biggrin:

I couldn't think of a good garnish for it though. I think it might be best served with a lychee or two in it, sort of like eyeballs. Not sure if something like a gummi worm would melt and make it disgusting. I don't have either of those, so couldn't try. I think this could easily be made in a larger batch and served in a punch bowl for a party.

Edit: Oh, the apple was just on the counter, so I added it to the picture...think poison apple to go with witch's brew. :biggrin: I wonder if an apple slice would work as a garnish. Hmmmm.
Oooh, very nice!

Maybe cut a bat out of a slice of apple and sit it on the rim, but I would finish the drink in less time than it would take to garnish it. :devil:

Evo said:
Oooh, very nice!

Maybe cut a bat out of a slice of apple and sit it on the rim, but I would finish the drink in less time than it would take to garnish it. :devil:

Make one of those peel corkscrew things and I'm sure it'll look cool :p

I agree though I remember as a child watching Discovery and history channel and learning about space and science and new innovations etc. Now it's about who has the worst job in the world etc. etc. That stuff is interesting and I do watch it but it's just not the same :P

Moonbear,
What do you think about skewering a gummy worm with a long cocktail shtabber and using that for a garnish?
:devil:

Lacy33 said:
Moonbear,
What do you think about skewering a gummy worm with a long cocktail shtabber and using that for a garnish?
:devil:

Oh, that might work...you mean so it's held up and dangles out of the glass instead of sitting inside the drink? Good idea!

Of course, my drink is long gone now. But, maybe next year I'll just have a Halloween party since I don't get any trick or treaters.

1. What is "Ghost Adventures" on Travel Channel?

"Ghost Adventures" is a paranormal investigative show that airs on the Travel Channel. It follows a team of investigators, led by Zak Bagans, as they explore allegedly haunted locations and attempt to capture evidence of paranormal activity.

2. Is "Ghost Adventures" real or fake?

There is no definitive answer to this question. Some viewers believe that the show is completely real, while others think it is scripted and staged. The producers and cast members have stated that they do not fake or exaggerate any evidence, but viewers can make their own conclusions.

3. How long has "Ghost Adventures" been on the air?

The show premiered in 2008 and is currently in its 22nd season. It has also spawned several spin-off series, including "Ghost Adventures: Aftershocks" and "Ghost Adventures: Screaming Room."

4. Who are the main investigators on "Ghost Adventures"?

The main investigators are Zak Bagans, Aaron Goodwin, Billy Tolley, and Jay Wasley. Occasionally, they will also have guest investigators join them for certain episodes.

5. What makes "Ghost Adventures" different from other paranormal shows?

"Ghost Adventures" is known for its aggressive and confrontational approach to investigating the paranormal. The investigators often provoke spirits to elicit responses, and they also use a variety of equipment and technology to capture evidence. Additionally, the show focuses on the history and background of the locations they visit, providing a more in-depth look at the alleged hauntings.