Latex CV Template - Successful Application for Quant Role

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter taylrl3
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cv Latex
In summary, the conversation is about the search for a suitable LaTeX template for a quant job application. The speaker wants something simple yet able to showcase their use of LaTeX. They also mention that most CVs available online are geared towards academic roles and they are unsure if a shorter resume is appropriate for a quant job. They share some links to CV templates and express their uncertainty about their usefulness for a quant job. The conversation ends with a humorous question about a potential template for a "fun" CV.
taylrl3
Hey,

I've spent a little while trawling the internet for a latex template suitable for an application for a quant role.
I thought it would be simple and there are a few examples but what I really want is something that will show in a quite simple way that I have actually used latex to format the document. Most things I find I could probably make in Word and I want something more but not too showy. If anyone has a template for an application that has been successful that would be perfect. If not a suitable template would be ideal.

Many thanks :-)
Richard

Physics news on Phys.org
taylrl3 said:
I thought it would be simple and there are a few examples but what I really want is something that will show in a quite simple way that I have actually used latex to format the document.

Why is this at all important or necessary? (Hint: It's not.)

You are likely having difficulty since most CVs on the net are geared toward academic roles. I know absolutely nothing about applying for non-academic jobs, other than you want a short resume. I don't know if that applies to quants or not.

Here are some CV links:
My personal favorite (and the one mine is based off): http://www.tedpavlic.com/post_resume_cv_latex_example.php
Simpler one: http://jblevins.org/projects/cv-template/
Another one: http://www.biostat.harvard.edu/~paciorek/computing/Latex_template_creating_CV_.html [Broken]

Again, I don't know how useful they will be for a quant job. But it has successfully hooked me up with a postdoc.

Last edited by a moderator:

I understand the importance of presenting information in a clear and professional manner. Using LaTeX for your CV is a great choice, as it allows for precise formatting and a clean layout. I commend your efforts in searching for a suitable template and I agree that it is important to showcase your use of LaTeX in your application.

I would suggest looking for templates that have a clean and simple design, but also include elements that highlight your skills and qualifications. This could include using different fonts or colors for headings, using bullet points to list your achievements, or incorporating graphs or tables to showcase your data analysis skills.

Additionally, you may want to consider customizing a template to fit your specific needs and qualifications. This will not only showcase your proficiency in LaTeX, but also demonstrate your attention to detail and ability to tailor your application to the position you are applying for.

I wish you the best of luck in your search for a suitable template and in your application for the quant role. Keep in mind that the content of your CV is just as important as the formatting, so be sure to highlight your relevant experience and skills in a concise and impactful manner. With a well-crafted CV and your proficiency in LaTeX, I have no doubt that you will be successful in your application.

What is a Latex CV Template?

A Latex CV Template is a pre-designed document layout that is used to create a professional curriculum vitae (CV). It is commonly used in the academic and scientific fields due to its ability to create visually appealing and well-organized documents.

How can a Latex CV Template help me in my job search?

A Latex CV Template can help you stand out from other applicants by providing a polished and professional-looking CV. It also allows you to easily customize and update your CV as needed, making it more efficient and effective in your job search.

Why is a successful application important for a quant role?

A successful application is critical for a quant role because it showcases your skills, experience, and qualifications to potential employers. It also gives you a competitive edge in a highly competitive job market where employers are looking for top talent.

Do Latex CV Templates have any limitations?

While Latex CV Templates have many advantages, they do have some limitations. They require some technical knowledge and skill to use, and may not be compatible with all computer systems. Additionally, they may not be suitable for all industries and job positions.

Where can I find a reliable Latex CV Template for a quant role?

There are many websites and online resources that offer Latex CV Templates for various industries and job positions. It is important to choose a reputable source and carefully review the template for accuracy and compatibility before using it for your job application.