Student, Looking for an engineer to exchange a few words with.

In summary, William Moore is aspiring to be an Aero-Nautical/Aerospace-Engineer and is interested in engineering alternative fuel sources for various vehicles. He is seeking information on which branch of engineering would be best suited for this goal.
youngengineer
Hello, my name is William Moore; I am aspiring to be an Aero-Nautical/Aerospace-Engineer when I have completed my educational career.
I would like to know, under what other branch of Engineering; is engineering alternative fuel sources?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
youngengineer said:
Hello, my name is William Moore; I am aspiring to be an Aero-Nautical/Aerospace-Engineer when I have completed my educational career.
I would like to know, under what other branch of Engineering; is engineering alternative fuel sources?

Welcome to the PF.

Alternative energy sources are different from alternative "fuel" sources. Can you say more about what your interests are? What information sources have you read so far?

My interests are things in aerospace, and alternative 'Fuel' sources. yes very different subjects but i would eventually like to invent a way to put my new fuel into a plane and fly it on the alternative fuel that i had constructed.
i would also like to apply myself into other kinds of vehicles, and apply my alternative fuel sources to them as well.

1. What is the purpose of the exchange between the student and engineer?

The purpose of the exchange is for the student to gain insight and information about the engineering field from an experienced engineer.

2. How can the student find an engineer to talk to?

The student can reach out to their school's engineering department, attend engineering events or conferences, or use online platforms such as LinkedIn to connect with engineers.

3. What types of questions can the student ask the engineer?

The student can ask about the engineer's educational background, their current job or projects, their experience in the field, and any advice they have for someone interested in pursuing a career in engineering.

4. Is it appropriate to ask the engineer for a job or internship during the exchange?

It is not appropriate to ask for a job or internship during the initial exchange. The purpose of the conversation should be to gather information and make a connection, not to ask for a job opportunity.

5. How can the student make the most out of the exchange with the engineer?

The student should come prepared with specific questions and be actively engaged in the conversation. They should also take notes and follow up with a thank-you message or email after the exchange.