Display Subscribed Threads in Mobile PF

• Suggestion
  • Thread starter lugita15
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the differences between the desktop and mobile versions of the User Control Panel on the Physics Forums website. The mobile version only allows users to see new subscribed threads, while the desktop version has a link to view all subscribed threads. Some users express frustration with the limitations of the mobile version and suggest ways to improve it. In the end, a link to view all subscribed threads is added to the menu button on the mobile site.
lugita15
In the desktop site, the User Control Panel lists new subscribed threads, but also gives a link to see all your subscribed threads. But the User CP on the mobile site only allows you to see the new subscribed threads, and that's annoying. Is there some way to view your subscribed threads, short of switching to the desktop version?

Physics news on Phys.org
To be honest this is not high on our list of things to do :)

With tablet and better phones coming out, I'm increasingly motivated to ditch the mobile skin.

Awww...

Greg Bernhardt said:
To be honest this is not high on our list of things to do :)

With tablet and better phones coming out, I'm increasingly motivated to ditch the mobile skin.
Noooooo! I love the mobile version. Whilst I do want to get a tablet at some point soon (perhaps the new iPad3 rumoured to be revealed soon) there's no replacement yet for a quick peek at PF through my phone. Trying to navigate without the mobile version on a phone a couple of inches wide would be a nightmare.

Ryan_m_b said:
Noooooo! I love the mobile version. Whilst I do want to get a tablet at some point soon (perhaps the new iPad3 rumoured to be revealed soon) there's no replacement yet for a quick peek at PF through my phone. Trying to navigate without the mobile version on a phone a couple of inches wide would be a nightmare.

What he said. I agree.

It turns out you CAN view your subscribed threads in the mobile site! Just go to this link: https://www.physicsforums.com/subscription.php

Is there any way this link could be included in the mobile User CP?

Last edited by a moderator:
lugita15 said:
It turns out you CAN view your subscribed threads in the mobile site! Just go to this link: https://www.physicsforums.com/subscription.php

Yes I'll get on that, thanks

Last edited:
lugita15 said:

Turns out it's already there. Go Menu and then User CP

Last edited:
Greg Bernhardt said:
Turns out it's already there. Go Menu and then User CP
I think the point is that this only shows threads with recent updates. It is not possible to find your subscribed threads if they have no recent posts and with the mobile version it seems that if there has been no change since you last checked it will remove them from the list. If you want to re-read something you have previously seen or if you did not get time to check the latest updates last time you have to manually find the threads which can be a problem if, for example, you quickly checked the list when jumping on the bus (seeing that there were over 10) but when you sat down on the bus the list has disappeared.

Ryan_m_b said:
I think the point is that this only shows threads with recent updates. It is not possible to find your subscribed threads if they have no recent posts and with the mobile version it seems that if there has been no change since you last checked it will remove them from the list. If you want to re-read something you have previously seen or if you did not get time to check the latest updates last time you have to manually find the threads which can be a problem if, for example, you quickly checked the list when jumping on the bus (seeing that there were over 10) but when you sat down on the bus the list has disappeared.
Exactly. It's only by going to the subscription.php page that you can see all your subscribed threads.

lugita15 said:
Exactly. It's only by going to the subscription.php page that you can see all your subscribed threads.

ok, I've put the link in the menu button

Greg Bernhardt said:
ok, I've put the link in the menu button
Thanks Greg! But I think that might be a bit too prominent a place for it. A link from the User CP page would be enough.

Excellent! Thanks Greg :biggrin:

What is the purpose of displaying subscribed threads in mobile PF?

The purpose of displaying subscribed threads in mobile PF is to allow users to easily access and stay updated on their favorite discussions and topics on the platform. Subscribed threads are threads that the user has chosen to follow and receive notifications for any updates or new posts.

How can I view my subscribed threads on mobile PF?

To view your subscribed threads on mobile PF, you can navigate to the "Subscriptions" section in the menu. This will display a list of all the threads you have subscribed to. You can also access your subscribed threads by clicking on the notification bell icon on the top right corner of the screen.

Can I manage my subscribed threads on mobile PF?

Yes, you can manage your subscribed threads on mobile PF. You can choose to unsubscribe from a thread by clicking on the "Unsubscribe" button next to the thread title. You can also manage your notification settings for each subscribed thread by clicking on the "Settings" button next to the thread title.

What happens when I subscribe to a thread on mobile PF?

When you subscribe to a thread on mobile PF, you will receive notifications for any updates or new posts in that thread. Your subscribed threads will also be easily accessible in the "Subscriptions" section and the notification bell icon on the top right corner of the screen.

Is there a limit to the number of threads I can subscribe to on mobile PF?

There is no limit to the number of threads you can subscribe to on mobile PF. However, it is recommended to only subscribe to threads that you are actively following or interested in to avoid clutter in your subscription list and notifications.