Function of a Proton Synchrotron

by RhianonLovelac
Tags: function, proton, synchrotron
RhianonLovelac
Jan15-14, 07:42 AM
P: 1
I am a young physics student currently attaining my A Levels, therefore my knowledge of this higher quantum physics is very limited. However, I have been given the oppotunity to possibly visit Cern, and conduct an experiment using the Proton beam (proton synchroton) and I must plan said experiment, using the technology available. I wish to learn as much as possible on the topic as I currently have little knowledge of the function of the proton beam, what is it capable of doing/showing and I wish to gain any feedback regarding the aims and limitations of the equipment. Obviously, it is very early days I just would liek to gain as much information as possible, thanks.
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Physicists consider implications of recent revelations about the universe's first light
Vacuum ultraviolet lamp of the future created in Japan
Grasp of SQUIDs dynamics facilitates eavesdropping
ZapperZ
Jan15-14, 08:02 AM
Mentor
P: 28,836
First things first. Have you looked up the applications of a regular electron synchrotron? There are PLENTY of these facilities around the world and info on them are aplenty. Start from there!

Zz.

Register to reply