Smack the Penguin: Test Your Skills & Have Fun!

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary, this is what Evo.307.6 does all day at work: He plays the annual smack the penguin game. He got 300 on his first hit, but missed the first four times. He got 800 on his second hit, but conceded when his opponent posted a screen shot of his best score. Evo.307.6's best score is 321.1.
Tsu's Here!

Physics news on Phys.org
After about an hour of playing:

high: 322.9
highest nosedive: 207
Most awesome nosedive: exactly 200 (thrice!)
lowest non-zero:67.9

I should probably finish my homework now...

323.4 :grumpy:

Lisa! said:
323.4 :grumpy:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

franznietzsche said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
What was funny about it?:grumpy: You know I'm always thinking about Pengwuino when I'm playing this . But I'm sure if I was thinking of you, I'd certainly get a better result!:devil: :biggrin:

Lisa! said:
What was funny about it?:grumpy: You know I'm always thinking about Pengwuino when I'm playing this . But I'm sure if I was thinking of you, I'd certainly get a better result!:devil: :biggrin:

Actually I was thinking of Pengquino the entire time as well. Little bugger needs to lose weight, he'll fly farther that way.

franznietzsche said:
Actually I was thinking of Pengquino the entire time as well. Little bugger needs to lose weight, he'll fly farther that way.
I'm going to try dduardo this time!:tongue:

PS It's not fair. We spell your difficult UN correctly, but you misspell Pengwuino(perhaps deliberately?), Mr franznietzsche!:tongue2: (He was lucky that q is near w. Pengluino, pengmuino, pengbuino,... )

Lisa! said:
I'm going to try dduardo this time!:tongue:
PS It's not fair. We spell your difficult UN correctly, but you misspell Pengwuino(perhaps deliberately?), Mr franznietzsche!:tongue2: (He was lucky that q is near w. Pengluino, pengmuino, pengbuino,... )

You know what, you try spelling his name after 3 hours with the Schrodinger equation in 3-dimensions. Bleh. Did I mention that I hate spherical coordinates? Not because they're hard, but because every other textbook swaps phi and theta from what the last one used. Even my multivariable calculus professor keeps swapping them. Drives me bonkers.

I've played this game many times before, and got 420 one time.

(I haven't read the thread yet, excuse me if this was posted)

www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/pingu2.php
In this one you can reduce the penguin to a stump. The snowman has a spiked club, and the penguin is flying through a minefield.

Where's PETA?

Where's Penguino?

Mk said:
Where's Penguino?

Filing my lawsuit...

franznietzsche said:
Did I mention that I hate spherical coordinates? Not because they're hard, but because every other textbook swaps phi and theta from what the last one used. Even my multivariable calculus professor keeps swapping them. Drives me bonkers.
Totally agree with you! They're supposed to make the equations easier but they're sort of problem themselves.:grumpy:

By the way, I think we should do something about Pengwuino.:devil: we already have lots of trouble with his current weight, and he just continues eating and trying different restaurants and food.(just read his recent threads!:eek: )

321.1 was my highest with several at about 317. 207.1 was my longest face plant.

For the spiked club, I smacked the penguin's head 497.1. (Edit: Make that 664.6 - I decided to try one more time and got a couple of lucky hits on the mines)

Last edited:
321.1 first shot

junk afterwards

This is a great game.
There is a new version now, you can download it free from Yeti sports where you can alter the "angle of flight" to make Pengwuino go further

I`ve currently got a distance of 448.2 bu ti don`t know how to insert a screen print:cry:

Last edited:
317.2, but I'm going to keep trying. :redface:

The biggest problem for me is that the guy swings when I release the mouse button, not when I push it. The arthritis causes my fingers to lock into position sometimes, so I can't govern the release time very well. :grumpy:

Danger said:
317.2, but I'm going to keep trying. :redface:
The biggest problem for me is that the guy swings when I release the mouse button, not when I push it. The arthritis causes my fingers to lock into position sometimes, so I can't govern the release time very well. :grumpy:

Just get some WD40 in there, that ought to lube up the joints.

the one's with the mines is way easier. 975.3... A wee bit gory though.

The PFing day is done and I can't beat 322.9. Bah!

franznietzsche said:
Just get some WD40 in there, that ought to lube up the joints.
:grumpy: :grumpy: Thanks a lot, you jerk! I tried it and the first time I lit up a smoke my hand caught on fire. Just see if I ever take your advice again.

I don't know if this is good or not, because I can't get the 'scores' screen to load, but I just fired that cat 1,743ft. :devil:

Gale said:
the one's with the mines is way easier. 975.3... A wee bit gory though.
Hmph...I keep missing the penguin on that one, or sending it on a line drive directly into those spikes. :grumpy: There seems to be a very narrow range where you can swing to actually hit it.

Danger said:
I don't know if this is good or not, because I can't get the 'scores' screen to load, but I just fired that cat 1,743ft. :devil:
I can't get that page to load either. :grumpy: But I beat you, by just a bit...1,782! :biggrin: Most of my shots are total duds...lots of pop flies right into the venus flytraps. :grumpy: But that one was spectacular! :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
I can't get that page to load either. :grumpy: But I beat you, by just a bit...1,782! :biggrin: Most of my shots are total duds...lots of pop flies right into the venus flytraps. :grumpy: But that one was spectacular! :biggrin:
when you get into the 2,000's, let me know:approve:

yomamma said:
when you get into the 2,000's, let me know:approve:
Considering it is more chance than skill, I'll probably have to play a few more days before I get a score that high. :biggrin:

Don't get too comfortable, kid. 1965 that time. :biggrin:

My cat keeps landing its head on the spikes :frown::biggrin:

Alright! 2394 feet of cat travel. Previous best was 2031. Still can't load the damned 'scores' page. :grumpy:

Heh. Just saw this thread, and I guess I should chime in and say that I played Kitten Cannon all summer at work last year. My best was somewhere above 1700. I recommended it to a friend, but she has 2 cats and she thought I was a terrible person. :frown:

I love cats too, but really... can't she tell the difference between group of screen phosphors and a live furball?

Danger said:
I love cats too, but really... can't she tell the difference between group of screen phosphors and a live furball?
What difference? :devil:

Danger said:

You have to remember, we're talking about a woman here. :biggrin:

*braces self for onslaught from PF Sisterhood*

Tom Mattson said:
You have to remember, we're talking about a woman here. :biggrin:
*braces self for onslaught from PF Sisterhood*
GET HIM!

MIH, man the Supersonic RV bazooka, we're heading to Troy! :devil:

Evo said:
GET HIM!
MIH, man the Supersonic RV bazooka, we're heading to Troy! :devil:
I still have my luggage packed, I'll be ready to deploy immediately! :devil:

Moonbear said:
I still have my luggage packed, I'll be ready to deploy immediately! :devil:
Good job Moonbear Superior, we will be there within the hour. If we sneak up quietly, we might catch him in his skivies. :cool:

CLAKITA CLAKITA CLAKITA

Oooops, forgot to switch to stealth mode.

clakita clakita clakita

Evo said:
Good job Moonbear Superior, we will be there within the hour.

Oh, so you got a man to drive? :rofl: :rofl:

*braces self again*