Countdown to The Sopranos Season 6: Watch Season 1 Now!

• Thread starter quantumdude
  • Start date
In summary, the season premiere of The Best Show on TV is scheduled for March 6th, but due to a Sopranos Countdown on HBO On Demand, fans of the show were able to watch the entire first season of the show.
quantumdude
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
March 6th. March Freaking 6th.

That's how long we have to wait until the premiere episode of Season Six of The Best Show on TV airs. But there is something to ease the pain...

On Friday night I flipped on the HBO On Demand channel the other day to fire up the last few episodes of Season 5 and watch them for the 300th time, but they weren't there. :cry: But in its stead was something called "Sopranos Countdown". My tears and snotty nose dried up and I went from :cry: to :frown:. Intrigued, I selected this curious menu item and what did I find?

THE ENTIRE FIRST SEASON!1111 :biggrin:

I hadn't seen the Season One episodes since they first aired! So, I'm sitting there with my crusty upper lip (I had been crying, remember?) watching one episode after another, until about 6 in the morning. I can only hope that the subsequent seasons will follow to HBO On Demand, but even if they don't this is quite a treat.

So, what do you think is going to happen? I say that Phil Leotardo is going to take over while Johnny Sack goes to the can, and that Phil doesn't survive the season.

Any takers on that action?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Carefull with any spoilers in this thread. I have the seasons 1, 2 & 4? on DVD. Have been holding off on the out of sequence DVD hoping we could come up with the missing season. (NO, we will not buy it new, it has to show up in the used shelf... (eg $10 for for the Extended Return of the King DVD)
Soranos is a Great show, I am glad to hear that it continues that way to the end!

I don't have HBO, but I experienced all of the epsiodes through a very strange Italian woman I used to work with that relived each episode at work the next morning as if it had just all happened to her. :bugeye:

I'm still not sure what part was the show and how many people her and her family actually bumped off personally. :uhh:

Don't spoil anything for me! I don't get HBO because the only thing I like on it is the Sopranos, so I wait for the season to end and come out on DVD to watch.

For some reason, watching The Sopranos leaves me feeling a little homesick for NJ every time I watch it.

hbo has one show i always watch, OZ. some might think it's low brow but i think it's great!

Just finished watching the 1st season again. I had forgotten how many more scenes inside the Bada Bing there were back then. They should get back to that! :devil: :tongue2:

So come on, is anyone else excited about this??

What is "Countdown to The Sopranos Season 6"?

"Countdown to The Sopranos Season 6" is a promotional event leading up to the release of the sixth and final season of the popular HBO show, The Sopranos. It encourages viewers to re-watch the first season of the show before the new season airs.

Why is it important to watch Season 1 before Season 6?

Watching Season 1 before Season 6 will help refresh viewers' memories and provide important background information for the final season. It will also allow viewers to pick up on any foreshadowing or hints that may have been missed during the initial viewing.

When will Season 6 of The Sopranos be released?

Season 6 of The Sopranos will be released on . The "Countdown to The Sopranos Season 6" event begins on .

Do I need to have watched the previous seasons to understand Season 6?

While it is not necessary to have watched all of the previous seasons, it is highly recommended. The Sopranos is a complex show with many ongoing storylines and character developments, and watching from the beginning will provide a deeper understanding and appreciation for the final season.

Is there a way to watch Season 1 online?

Yes, all seasons of The Sopranos, including Season 1, are available to stream on HBO's streaming service, HBO Now. They are also available for purchase or rental on platforms such as Amazon Prime and iTunes.

Back