Mastering Math Notations for Online Posts

• Thread starter kant
  • Start date
In summary, mathematical symbols can be written in a post by using LaTeX code, which is specifically designed for displaying math equations and symbols. Images or screenshots can also be used, but they may not be as clear and editable as using LaTeX code. To write fractions or exponents, you can use specific LaTeX commands. While there is no official standard, it is generally accepted to use LaTeX code and proper formatting for equations in posts. Colors and different fonts can be used for emphasis, but it is important to use them sparingly.
kant
Where do i learn how to post math notations( intergral signs , summationa notations , varies greek alphebets... etc) in this forum?

Physics news on Phys.org
There's a thread called: Introducing LaTeX Math Typesetting. At the first post of that thread, there are 3 guides to use LaTeX, all of which are PDF files.
That thread is a sticky in the board Math & Science Tutorials (the first board at the top of the forums home). :)

thanks .....

kant said:
thanks .....
You're welcome. :)

1. How do I write mathematical symbols in a post?

Mathematical symbols can be written in a post by using LaTeX code. This is a type of markup language that is specifically designed for displaying math equations and symbols. Many blogging and forum platforms have a built-in feature for writing math equations using LaTeX, or you can use a LaTeX editor and copy and paste the code into your post.

2. Can I use images or screenshots of math equations in my post?

Yes, you can use images or screenshots of math equations in your post. However, this method may not be as clear and readable as using LaTeX code. Additionally, if you need to make changes to the equation, you will have to create a new image or screenshot.

3. How do I write fractions or exponents in a post?

To write fractions in a post, you can use the LaTeX command \frac{}{}. Simply replace the first set of curly brackets with the numerator and the second set with the denominator. Similarly, for exponents, you can use the caret symbol (^) followed by the exponent inside curly brackets.

4. Is there a standard format for writing math in posts?

While there is no official standard for writing math in posts, it is generally accepted to use LaTeX code for equations and symbols. It is also recommended to use proper formatting and spacing to make the equations more readable for others.

5. Can I use colors or different fonts for math equations in a post?

Yes, you can use colors or different fonts for math equations in a post. However, it is important to use them sparingly and for emphasis only. Using too many colors or fonts can make the equations difficult to read and may distract from the content of your post.