I need a curriculum of physics majors

In summary, the speaker is looking for a curriculum schedule for physics majors at American universities, as they need it for a comparison between physics teaching in China and America. They suggest searching for schools of interest and checking their physics departments' undergraduate pages for a list of required courses. Some schools may offer multiple options for physics majors. The speaker also notes that Canadian students may not be required to take humanities courses, unlike in the US.
physshi
I need a curriculum schedule of physics majors in any universities of America---whole 4 years , cause it is very very important for my project .I should make a comparision between physics teaching between China and America...

so many thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Well, here's Waterloo: http://www.ucalendar.uwaterloo.ca/SCI/physics.html [Broken]

Should be pretty close to any US school...

physshi said:
I need a curriculum schedule of physics majors in any universities of America

Surely every college and university in America must have their curricula on their Web sites by now!

yeah, just search for a few schools of interest, peruse the physics departments, click on "undergraduate," and there'll surely be a list of all the classes needed for graduation and perhaps even a suggested schedule.

some schools even offer multiple options for physics majors, too.

really, the only bit of work that you need to do is that often courses are only listed by their course number and not title in these sorts of schedules, so you'd have to look up, exactly, what the title of "PHY4222" is called, etc.

cscott said:
Well, here's Waterloo: http://www.ucalendar.uwaterloo.ca/SCI/physics.html [Broken]

Should be pretty close to any US school...

Canadian students aren't required to take any humanities classes? In the US, students are usually required to take at least a couple non physics/math/technical courses, such as writing courses and history/literature courses and it seems like it is rather important to have such courses. At my university, I need to take about 16 credits of humanities/writing classes.

That is a little bit odd. At Carleton (also in Ontario) science students are required to take something like two credits of social science/humanities electives (a typical honours degree is 20 credits, a one term course is .5 credits).

What is a curriculum of physics majors?

A curriculum of physics majors refers to the specific courses and requirements that a student must complete in order to earn a degree in physics. This typically includes a combination of core physics courses, mathematics courses, and elective courses in specialized areas of physics.

What courses are typically included in a curriculum of physics majors?

Common courses in a physics major curriculum may include classical mechanics, quantum mechanics, electromagnetism, thermodynamics, and statistical mechanics. Students may also be required to take courses in math, such as calculus, linear algebra, and differential equations.

How long does it take to complete a curriculum of physics majors?

The length of time to complete a curriculum of physics majors varies depending on the individual's academic progress and course load. On average, it takes 4 years of full-time study to earn a bachelor's degree in physics.

What skills and knowledge will I gain from a curriculum of physics majors?

A curriculum of physics majors will provide students with a strong foundation in the fundamental principles of physics, as well as critical thinking, problem-solving, and quantitative skills. Students will also develop a deep understanding of scientific inquiry and the ability to analyze and interpret data.

What career opportunities are available for physics majors?

A degree in physics can lead to a variety of career paths, including research and development, engineering, data analysis, teaching, and more. Graduates with a physics major are highly sought after in fields such as aerospace, renewable energy, and healthcare.