From the corner of my eye, I misread the caption

• Thread starter Rach3
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Eye
In summary, the conversation discusses the announcement of People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive, which has caused controversy due to the selection of Dick Cheney for the second time. Some participants find it humorous and others find it to be a horror news headline.
Rach3
http://www.cbc.ca/arts/film/story/2006/11/16/clooney-people.html

Physics news on Phys.org
I thought the real article would be:
Cheney named sexist man again...

Maybe all I can think of is attack ads after the last election.

ahahahahhahaha!:rofl:

Clooney, WTF?!

I totally disagree.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

"Cheney maimed sexiest man alive, again."

Chi Meson said:

Awesome. I positively rolled off my chair. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Chi Meson said:
:rofl: Oh dear god that's :rofl: :rofl:

Dyslexia causes all sorts of horror news captions. From today alone:

"Iran invades Iraq, Syria"(http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061121/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_summit )

"Activists report nuclear attack" (http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,20796462-5003402,00.html)

Neither of these is nearly as hair-raising as "Cheney named sexiest man alive (again)". :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What does "From the corner of my eye, I misread the caption" mean?

The phrase "From the corner of my eye, I misread the caption" means that the person saw something quickly and did not read it correctly. It could also imply that the person saw something out of the corner of their eye, which made them misinterpret the caption.

2. How can someone misread a caption?

There are several reasons why someone might misread a caption. It could be due to a lack of attention or focus, poor eyesight, or a misinterpretation of the words used in the caption.

3. Can misreading a caption have any consequences?

In some cases, misreading a caption may not have any significant consequences. However, if the caption is essential, such as in a scientific study or a news article, misreading it could lead to misunderstandings or incorrect information being shared.

4. How can misreading a caption affect a scientific study?

In a scientific study, accurate and precise communication is crucial. If a researcher misreads a caption, it could lead to incorrect data being collected or analyzed, which could ultimately affect the validity and reliability of the study's results.

5. Is there a way to prevent misreading captions?

While it is impossible to completely prevent misreading captions, there are steps one can take to minimize the chances. These include reading slowly and carefully, using good lighting, and double-checking the information with other sources if possible.