The most money making jobs in the world

• Thread starter En_lizard
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Jobs Money
In summary, the conversation revolves around finding a lucrative career that also offers opportunities for immigration and citizenship in foreign countries. The suggestions include pursuing an actuarial degree, becoming a brain surgeon, or studying IT or MBA for a promising future. The conversation also touches on the idea of making money through luck or being a successful businessman, regardless of one's degree. The importance of marketing and selling in today's society is also mentioned.
En_lizard
i don't know what i should study at university. I am looking for a filed that will have a future and you can find a job easier by having a degree in that subject. something that will be money making. and when you want to immegrate to a foreign conuntry you'll have a better chance to get a visa and then get citizenship in a foreign country. i have no talnet for having a career in cinema and hollywood by the way. so forget about that one.

Physics news on Phys.org
Plz Move It To Academic And Career Guide Forum!

the most money making jobs in the world
Well you could try this idea...

Write an operating system that doesn't really work and get everybody to buy it.

Then improve it so making the first o.s. obsolete so everybody has to buy the new software.

Eventually when you produce one that really does work, and you are afraid nobody will buy any replacements, then make that obsolete and replace it with something twice as complicated and half as reliable - so the new o.s. will need constant upgrades (at a cost of course).

Oh sorry, that idea has already been tried...

Garth

Last edited:
Become an actuary..

lol do it.

I can't imagine going to work everyday hating my job, just doing it because of the money. When I wake up I'm excited to go to work, and then I think to myself, I get paid for this? Awesome.

I think its much more rewarding.

become a CEO.

Professional lottery winner.

Disclaimer: some luck req'd.

Feldoh said:
Become an actuary..

What does one need to study to become an actuary? And what precisely is involved in this career choice?

This is such a bad question...I highly advise a person to not pursue a field based on salary.

Just because someone asks for information, doesn't mean they will base their decision solely on which career choice has the highest income. Yet when making career choices, you should definitely be considering what sort of financial situation you will be comfortable with later in life.

cheating the american public and becoming president with a minority of the votes and skewing billions of tax dollars to ones friends' companies seems lucrative, at least recently, all the while pretending to be religious. but you have to expect eventually to burn in hell.

mathwonk said:
cheating the american public and becoming president with a minority of the votes and skewing billions of tax dollars to ones friends' companies seems lucrative, at least recently, all the while pretending to be religious. but you have to expect eventually to burn in hell.

Ron Paul 08

You can always play the lottery

It is possible to make significant salaries in almost any profession. Some professions take a much greater amount of work to get there, and some even involve quite a lot of luck.

What you should do is first identify what you'd like to do, then figure out how to make that profession pay you well.

- Warren

Brain Surgeon.

500 000 a year.

neodevin i want to thank you because you seem to be the onlp person here who's understood me very well.people i don't have lots of spare time just like u to sit here and read ur jokes and funny theories.so please keep ur cuteness and efforts to be funny for other topics. i do need money.
i studied what i was intersted in once but i got to hate it because i can't get a job by that so now I am looking to study something different. chroot you're right we can make money in any profession but you have to be very brilliant to get where i described in my first post . getting visa for another country, get a job so easily... i heard that IT and mba have a promising future right? any new ideas?

what's ceo by the way?

En_lizard said:
neodevin i want to thank you because you seem to be the onlp person here who's understood me very well.people i don't have lots of spare time just like u to sit here and read ur jokes and funny theories.so please keep ur cuteness and efforts to be funny for other topics. i do need money.
i studied what i was intersted in once but i got to hate it because i can't get a job by that so now I am looking to study something different. chroot you're right we can make money in any profession but you have to be very brilliant to get where i described in my first post . getting visa for another country, get a job so easily... i heard that IT and mba have a promising future right? any new ideas?

what's ceo by the way?

Quoted from wikipedia:
A Chief Executive Officer (CEO), or chief executive, is the highest-ranking corporate officer, administrator, corporate administrator, executive, or executive officer, in charge of total management of a corporation, company, organization or agency.

well to be honest - I'd say businessmen (and women) make the most - and that would be irrelevant to their degree.

Chartered accountants, politicians, rock musicians, celebrities, stock brokers etc.
Though i'd never wish to be any of them ... well except for being a rock musician :p

It all depends. Sure there are jobs which are more likely to bring you a reasonable income, but in the end, it all depends on what type of person you are. Today it seems that it's important to know how to sell things and ideas in general. For example, you can be creative and original, and "create something new", but if you don't know how to actually sell it (i.e. do the marketing), you'll see no money.

Aside from striking it lucky, either through getting everyone to buy your product or winning the lottery...

I think your question was about what degree to pursue.

1. You can't do a degree inbecoming a CEO.
2. The only degrees I can think of which truly lead towards a specific career are engineering; specifically civil engineering.

The other obvious alternative is to do any degree, brim with confidence, get on a graduate program in a bank, brim with confidence, make money...

Of course, this depends on what country you live in.

As far as immigrating goes... again, I don't think a specific degree helps. Maybe get a trade instead; eg. Australia value carpenters above techaers when it comes to getting in (iirc).

J77 said:
As far as immigrating goes... again, I don't think a specific degree helps. Maybe get a trade instead; eg. Australia value carpenters above techaers when it comes to getting in (iirc).

I would like to emphasize this bit here. With most of the trades there are always many jobs available. Countries such as New Zealand also have skills shortage lists -- if you have the right skills you generally have a much easier time getting into the country. It seems that people often forget about the trades, but they can be quite lucrative, as well as enjoyable.

J.D. or MBA.

Law firms have a defined path to making high 6 digits, low 7, you just have to work 80-100 hours a week to get there. Good firm jobs pay about 160k the first year out of college. I would call that good money for a 24 year old.

Similarly, you could get an MBA and work your way up to upper management.

Or no degree at all and become an entrepreneur.

danago said:
Quoted from wikipedia:

thanks:!)what's required to become a ceo? what degree do they have?

En_lizard said:
thanks:!)what's required to become a ceo? what degree do they have?

Oddly enough, I think most ceo's have engineering degrees.

PowerIso said:
ok thanks. can i ask which engineering mostly?

I've heard dentistry is like a license to print money

Basically to be rich you need to make lots of money when you're young and invest it so it makes a lot when you're older.

En_lizard said:
ok thanks. can i ask which engineering mostly?
I think you're missing the point that to become a ""CEO" you need to work your way up a company, any company.

If you want to go for a degree which will lead to a specific job, like I said in my previous post, I'd go for "Civil Engineering".

However, you should base any educational decision on your skills; ie. what you're best at, or are intersted in.

(I add the last bit because you may show some interest in law, which at school you may not be aware of.)

mathwonk said:

You also get a nice $400k/year bonus and government sponsored health care (Wait... I thought that was bad?). Private jet, celebrity status, body guards, etc.

J77 said:
I think you're missing the point that to become a ""CEO" you need to work your way up a company, any company.

Or start one.

I think actuaries are known to generally work their way up the ranks in a company (or so I've heard).

PowerIso said:

I do not think this is true. Can you give some evidence that it is so?

Still, I'm surprised at that. Thanks for posting the link!

Looks like only a third of CEO's have an MBA. Of course, that's the largest percentage of anyone particular degree (but it's also possible to have both that and another, such as engineering).

It's also interesting though to note the change in percentage of business admin and engineering CEO's as your move from the top of the S&P500 to the bottom.