Finding Symbols in Microsoft Word Equation Editor

• Thread starter sara_87
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Symbols
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of symbols for natural number (N) and complex number (C) in Microsoft Word's Equation Editor. The person suggests using Math Type, a paid version of Equation Editor, as it contains more symbols. They also provide a document with the N and C symbols made from Math Type for the other person to copy and paste into their document.
sara_87

Homework Statement

i have to write on microsoft word the symbol 'N' for natural number and C for complex number but i can't find the symbol on the equation editor

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
I use Math Type, which is the pay version of Equation Editor. The N and C are included in Math Type, but I can't check Equation Editor as Math Type installs itself over Equation Editor. I know one of the selling features for upgrading is that Math Type has more symbols.

Try this. I've made a document that contains N and C made from Math Type. Maybe you can open it and copy and paste them into your document.
http://orbitsimulator.com/misc/nc.rtf

I would suggest trying the following steps to find the symbols 'N' and 'C' in the Microsoft Word Equation Editor:

1. Open the Microsoft Word Equation Editor by clicking on the 'Insert' tab and then selecting 'Equation' from the 'Symbols' section.

2. In the Equation Editor, click on the 'Symbols' option in the top toolbar.

3. In the 'Symbols' menu, click on the 'Math' option.

4. In the 'Math' menu, scroll down to the 'Basic Math' section and look for the 'N' symbol under 'Numbers and Number Theory'.

5. To find the 'C' symbol, click on the 'Script' option in the 'Math' menu, and then select 'Latin' from the 'Script' menu. The 'C' symbol should be listed under 'Script Letters'.

6. If the symbols are still not visible, you can also use the search bar in the 'Symbols' menu to search for 'N' or 'C'.

I hope this helps you find the symbols you need for your homework assignment. If you continue to have trouble, I would recommend reaching out to your instructor or a classmate for assistance. Good luck!

1. How do I access the Equation Editor in Microsoft Word?

To access the Equation Editor in Microsoft Word, go to the Insert tab and click on the Equation button. This will open the Equation Tools tab on the top ribbon and allow you to insert and edit equations.

2. How do I find symbols in the Equation Editor?

To find symbols in the Equation Editor, click on the "Symbols" button in the Equation Tools tab. This will open a drop-down menu with various categories of symbols to choose from. You can also use the search bar to find a specific symbol.

3. Can I insert custom symbols in the Equation Editor?

Yes, you can insert custom symbols in the Equation Editor by using the "Insert Symbol" feature. This allows you to insert symbols from other fonts or create your own custom symbols using the "Equation Symbols" font.

4. How do I edit or format symbols in the Equation Editor?

To edit or format symbols in the Equation Editor, simply click on the symbol you want to edit and use the tools in the "Design" and "Format" tabs to make changes. You can change the font, size, color, and other formatting options for individual symbols or the entire equation.

5. How can I add equations with symbols to my document?

To add equations with symbols to your document, simply insert the equation in the desired location using the Equation Editor. You can also copy and paste equations from other documents or websites into your document. Make sure to save the document as a .docx file for the equations to remain editable.