Solely Scientific American news? What happened?

• Thread starter Tanja
  • Start date
In summary, there has been a change in the content of the "news in science" line on Physics Forums. It used to focus on physics news, but now it includes topics from Scientific American that are not related to physics. There are concerns about the independence of the website and whether Scientific American is now a sponsor. However, it has been clarified that SciAm does not dictate anything on PF. For more information, please refer to the provided link.
Tanja
(I don't know in which category I should post this thread. Please, remove me if I'm wrong.)

What happened to the "news in science" line? It was once a very good collection of news in physics. Now, it mutated to a Scientific American news ticker and topics aren't related to physics any more. So far, I had the impression that www.physicsforms.com[/URL] is a completely independent website and a real great opportunity to discuss problems with extremely competent and helpfull members. Most people in here probably read journals like Nature, Science, Phys. Rev., Nano-letters ... . instead of the Scientific American. Is Scientific American a new sponsor of the forum? Loosing the independency would be very, very sad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

1. What is "Solely Scientific American news"?

"Solely Scientific American news" refers to news articles and stories published by the magazine Scientific American, which covers scientific and technological advancements, discoveries, and research. It is a respected and reputable source for science news and information.

2. Why is "Solely Scientific American news" important?

The news and articles published by Scientific American are important because they provide reliable and accurate information about scientific and technological advancements that can have a major impact on our lives. These news stories also help to educate the public about complex scientific topics and promote critical thinking.

3. How often is "Solely Scientific American news" updated?

Scientific American publishes new articles and news stories daily, with updates throughout the day on their website. The print magazine is also published monthly, with in-depth features and analysis on current scientific topics.

4. Can anyone submit news to "Solely Scientific American news"?

No, only journalists and writers who work for Scientific American can submit news stories to the publication. However, the magazine does offer a submission process for scientists and experts to submit articles for consideration.

5. How can I access "Solely Scientific American news"?

You can access "Solely Scientific American news" through their website, which is updated daily with new articles and stories. The magazine is also available in print and digital formats, and you can subscribe to receive the latest news and articles directly to your inbox.