Head First Physics - view book via Safari trial or Google

In summary, "Head First Physics" is a newly released algebra-based introduction to mechanics and experimental topics included in the AP Physics B and A Level Physics courses. The book uses problem-based learning and is suitable for both struggling and advanced students. It can be viewed online through the Safari service or the O'Reilly and Google books websites. The author is also providing additional resources and information about the book.
heth
"Head First Physics" - view book via Safari trial or Google

O'Reilly Books have recently released Head First Physics, which is an algebra-based introduction to the mechanics and experimental topics in the AP Physics B and A Level Physics courses.

The book works from the ground up, using problem-based learning, and is suitable both for students who are struggling and students who want to increase their understanding of physics.

http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596102371/You can view the entire book using the Safari online service. Without registering, you can browse the top of every page.

http://my.safaribooksonline.com/9780596102371

If you click on the 'try safari now' link on the site and register for a free trial, you'll be able to see the whole book (but remember to cancel the trial once you're done, or a subscription starts!).PS. I should probably say up front that I'm the author. I hope I haven't done anything wrong by providing a link to these resources.

Attachments

• 9780596102371_thumb.gif
    9780596102371_thumb.gif
    4.3 KB · Views: 517
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks, it's nice to hear that it was vaguely on the radar. There's now some more information about the book here:

http://www.headfirstlabs.com/hfnewsletter/langinterviewOct08.php

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:

What is "Head First Physics"?

"Head First Physics" is a book that uses a unique and engaging approach to teach the principles of physics. It is designed for beginners and non-scientists, making it easy to understand complex concepts.

What topics does "Head First Physics" cover?

The book covers a wide range of topics in physics, including mechanics, electricity and magnetism, thermodynamics, and waves. It also includes real-world examples and interactive activities to help readers apply the concepts they learn.

Is "Head First Physics" suitable for all ages?

Yes, "Head First Physics" is suitable for readers of all ages, as long as they have a basic understanding of math and science. The book is written in a fun and approachable manner, making it accessible to both young and adult readers.

Can I access "Head First Physics" online?

Yes, "Head First Physics" is available to access online through Safari Books Online and Google Books. Both platforms offer a free trial period, so you can view the book before deciding to purchase it.

What makes "Head First Physics" different from other physics textbooks?

Unlike traditional textbooks, "Head First Physics" uses a visual and interactive approach to teach physics. It includes diagrams, illustrations, and hands-on activities to help readers understand and remember the concepts better.