How can I expand my extended essay subject?

In summary, the speaker is seeking advice on how to expand their chosen subject for their extended essay. They have written 2000 words but need to reach 4000 words. Suggestions are made to include discussions on voltage and current measurements, resistance measurements, the role of impedance, lab tolerances and error propagation, and a prologue thanking parents and teachers. The speaker also asks if data tables should be included in the word count. The importance of this topic is acknowledged, as it is a valuable skill in the real world. The speaker is advised to check with their teacher regarding the inclusion of data tables in the word count.
nrslmz

Homework Statement

Hi, I have chosen direct current measurement techniques as my extended essay subject. I've written only 2000 words, but I am completely out of anything to write.
I can't do alternative current, because I don't have the necessary apparatus.
How can I expand my subject so I can fill out 4000 words?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
Have you talked about:

• both voltage and current measurements?
  • resistance measurements?
  • the role of the meter's impedance (resistance) in the measurements?

Don't forget lab tolerances and error propagation and a prologue thank you to your parents and inspirational teachers.

Thanks, I was about to forget about those. I haven't checked the impedance either. Another question is, shoul data tables be added to the word count?

nrslmz said:
How can I expand my subject so I can fill out 4000 words?

:uhh: It's the opposite that's the real rare valuable talent out there in the big world. :cool::wink:

nrslmz said:
Another question is, shoul data tables be added to the word count?

You'll have to ask your teacher.

What is the purpose of my extended essay?

The purpose of your extended essay is to allow you to explore a topic of interest in depth, utilizing research and critical thinking skills to produce a well-developed and well-supported argument or analysis.

How do I choose a topic for my extended essay?

You should choose a topic that you are genuinely interested in and that falls within one of the six subject areas for the extended essay (Language and Literature, Language Acquisition, Individuals and Societies, Sciences, Mathematics, and the Arts). It is also important to choose a topic that is specific and focused enough to be thoroughly researched and analyzed within the word limit.

What is the structure of an extended essay?

An extended essay typically consists of an introduction, body, and conclusion. The introduction should provide background information on the topic and a clear research question or thesis statement. The body should include evidence and analysis to support your argument, and the conclusion should summarize your main points and provide a final reflection on the significance of your findings.

How do I conduct research for my extended essay?

The most common method of research for an extended essay is through the use of primary and secondary sources. Primary sources are original documents or data, while secondary sources are interpretations or analyses of primary sources. It is important to use a variety of sources and to properly cite all information used in your essay.

What is the role of the supervisor in the extended essay process?

Your supervisor will provide guidance and support throughout the extended essay process. They will help you refine your research question, provide feedback on your progress and drafts, and ensure that you are meeting the requirements and expectations of the extended essay. It is important to communicate regularly with your supervisor and ask for help when needed.