Using Geomanalyze in 3D Comsol (beginners question)

• Thread starter JustBe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    3d Comsol
In summary, Geomanalyze in 3D Comsol is a tool that allows users to analyze and manipulate 3D geometric objects using various mathematical and geometrical operations. It is beneficial for visualizing complex models, performing precise measurements and analysis, and is designed for beginners. It can be used for any type of 3D model supported by the software but has some limitations such as not being suitable for very large or detailed models and may require a license upgrade for advanced features.
JustBe
Hello,

I hope some expert can help me:

What do I want?

I am modeling magnets in script Comsol in 3D. All I want to do is to displace a magnet.
and then compute forces and moments applied to it.

This works in Comsol (2D):

draw{1} = rect2(.5,1,'pos',[0;0]);
draw{2} = rect2(.6,1,'pos',[0.5;0]);
draw{3} = circ2(.1,'pos',[0.2;0.5]);
fem=[];
fem = geomanalyze(fem,draw,'ns',{'R1','R2','C1'});
geomplot(fem)

Then in a loop it is possible to update the fem object with fem = geomanalyze(fem) and it will work like in GUI.

Now I want to do something similar but in 3D. I want to move a block (the magnet).

But somehow something similar doesn't work in 3D:

draw(1)=block3(1,1,1,'pos',[0 0 0]);
draw(2)=block3(1,1,1,'pos',[1 1 1]);
fem = []
fem = geomanalyze(fem, draw, 'ns',{'BLK1', 'BLK2'})

The response is, that geomanalyze wants more information...

I hope an expert can help me...! please?

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
thank you very much!</code>I'm sorry, but I'm not an expert in Comsol. However, from what I can tell, you need to provide more information to geomanalyze. Specifically, you should specify the material properties, boundary conditions, and other parameters of the block when you call geomanalyze(). You may also need to define a mesh size and other parameters as well.You can find more information about Comsol's geomanalyze() function at the following link: https://www.comsol.com/documentation/5.5/ref/geomanalyze.htmlI hope this helps. Good luck!

1. What is Geomanalyze in 3D Comsol and how does it work?

Geomanalyze in 3D Comsol is a tool that allows users to analyze and manipulate geometric objects in a three-dimensional space. It works by creating a virtual environment where users can construct, modify, and analyze 3D models using various mathematical and geometrical operations.

2. What are the benefits of using Geomanalyze in 3D Comsol?

Using Geomanalyze in 3D Comsol can help users visualize complex 3D models and perform advanced geometric operations with ease. It also allows for precise measurements and analysis of geometric properties, making it a valuable tool for engineering and scientific applications.

3. Do I need prior experience in 3D modeling to use Geomanalyze in 3D Comsol?

No, Geomanalyze in 3D Comsol is designed for beginners and does not require prior experience in 3D modeling. However, having a basic understanding of geometry and mathematical concepts can be helpful in using the tool effectively.

4. Can Geomanalyze in 3D Comsol be used for any type of 3D model?

Yes, Geomanalyze in 3D Comsol can be used for any type of 3D model as long as it is supported by the software. This includes models created in CAD software, imported from other sources, or created within Comsol itself.

5. Are there any limitations to using Geomanalyze in 3D Comsol?

Geomanalyze in 3D Comsol has some limitations, such as not being able to perform complex operations on very large or highly detailed models. It also requires a certain level of computational power and may not be suitable for low-end devices. Additionally, some advanced features may require a license upgrade.