Mastering Integration by Parts for Complex Functions

• Thread starter kesun
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integrate
In summary, the conversation is about finding the integral of e to the power of the cube root of x. There are suggestions of using integration by parts and taking the natural logarithm, but it is eventually determined that the integral cannot be expressed in terms of elementary functions. An alternative approach is suggested, using the substitution u^3=x and applying integration by parts twice to solve the integral.
kesun
[tex]\int e^\sqrt[3]{x}[/tex] dx

Integration by parts, perhaps? But if that's the case, I have no idea which is right value for u and which is the right one for dv... Taking ln on both sides? Uh...hmm...I don't think that's how you work this question out...

Any ideas, guys? :|

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm quite certain that integral in not expressible in terms of elementary functions.

Yeah it can... Let u^3=x

Last edited:
Feldoh said:
Yeah it can... Let u^3=x

Ahh my bad then. Sorry.

Feldoh said:
Yeah it can... Let u^3=x

OH YES. First I did that, then I used integration by parts twice to eliminate the u^2 all the way to du, then ta-daa!

Thanks!

1. How do I integrate *THIS* into my current workflow?

Integrating *THIS* into your current workflow will depend on the specific tool or platform you are using. It is important to thoroughly read the documentation and follow any provided instructions for integration. Additionally, you may need to consult with a technical expert for assistance.

2. Can *THIS* be integrated with multiple systems?

Yes, *THIS* can typically be integrated with multiple systems. However, the process may vary depending on the specific systems and tools involved. It is best to consult with a technical expert for guidance on how to successfully integrate *THIS* with multiple systems.

3. Are there any potential compatibility issues when integrating *THIS*?

Compatibility issues may arise when integrating *THIS* with certain systems or tools. It is important to thoroughly research and test for compatibility before fully integrating *THIS* into your workflow. In some cases, you may need to modify your current systems or find alternative solutions.

4. Does *THIS* have any specific requirements for integration?

Yes, *THIS* may have specific requirements for integration. These requirements could include certain hardware or software specifications, as well as any necessary plugins or extensions. It is important to carefully review the documentation and follow any provided instructions for successful integration.

5. How can I troubleshoot issues with integrating *THIS*?

If you encounter issues while integrating *THIS*, the first step is to refer to the documentation and ensure you have followed all steps correctly. If the issue persists, you may need to consult with a technical expert for assistance. Additionally, you can reach out to the support team for *THIS* for further troubleshooting and guidance.