What is the most convient Feynamn diagram drawing tool.

In summary, the conversation discusses various tools and methods for drawing Feynman diagrams. The use of conventional Tex commands and the package "feynmandraw" are mentioned, as well as alternative methods such as using powerpoint or hand drawing and scanning the diagrams. The use of the "jaxodraw" package is also discussed, but there are difficulties with generating a PDF output.
fortuneteller
what is the most convenient Feynman diagram drawing tool?
I have only grasped the method drawing feynman diagrams by usual Tex command as drawing other diagrams. For example "\ArrowLine(40.0,150.0)(90.0,150.0) ". But is very clumsy. Do you know other convenient Feyman drawing tool?
I hear that the package "feynmandraw" can drawing feynman diagrams. However, I did not find it by google, can anyone provide a web link.
Thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
I use JaxoDraw.

I use powerpoint lol.

Type in "feynman diagrams, powerpoint" in a search engine, and you'll find a "toolkit" with pre-drawn arrows and squiggles and particle labels. All you have to do is copy, paste, and drag and drop (you might have to ungroup everything and then group everything again though). Once the diagram is drawn, you can save it and then use a command to load the image to Tex.

I tried all the packages for Feynman diagrams like feynmf, but I'm too stupid to figure out how to use them.

RedX said:
I use powerpoint lol.

Type in "feynman diagrams, powerpoint" in a search engine, and you'll find a "toolkit" with pre-drawn arrows and squiggles and particle labels. All you have to do is copy, paste, and drag and drop (you might have to ungroup everything and then group everything again though). Once the diagram is drawn, you can save it and then use a command to load the image to Tex.

I tried all the packages for Feynman diagrams like feynmf, but I'm too stupid to figure out how to use them.

Yes, it is indeed very convieient. It may be because we are too affected by microsoft.

There is feynmf which you can download on CTAN: http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/feynmf/"

Here you can see a few neat examples:
http://cnlart.web.cern.ch/cnlart/220/img37.ps"
http://cnlart.web.cern.ch/cnlart/222/img11.gif"

Last edited by a moderator:
gonna rez this thread :D

Just started using jaxodraw, but I can't get the latex output to give a pdf file. I get a "non-PDF special ignored" message and a blank pdf. DVI workds fine, but I don't want to go through dvi-> pdf or anything because I use pdf specific hyperlinks, etc.

I've seen a few similar posts on the interwebs, (like this http://forums.wolfram.com/student-support/topics/8302 ) but they're not much help. Anybody know how this stuff works, or how to use that cryptic post?

here is the code:
\documentclass[a4paper]{article}

\usepackage{axodraw4j}
\usepackage{pstricks}
\usepackage{color}\begin{document}\begin{center}
\fcolorbox{white}{white}{
\begin{picture}(226,6) (175,-125)
\SetWidth{1.0}
\SetColor{Black}
\Line[arrow,arrowpos=0.5,arrowlength=5,arrowwidth=2,arrowinset=0.2](176,-122)(400,-122)
\end{picture}
}
\end{center}

\end{document}
i figure it might have to do with the "pstricks" package, but I tired pdftricks and still nothing.

fortuneteller said:
Yes, it is indeed very convieient. It may be because we are too affected by microsoft.

Disaffected I think would be how I would put it. :tongue:

Bunch of cowboys. :wink:

You could always try hand drawing them and scanning them or is that so passé?

well they wouldn't look so nice on a thesis would they

negru said:
well they wouldn't look so nice on a thesis would they

Depends how good are you at art?

I think they would, but then I've seen some pretty impressive free hand drawings.

If you are crap at drawing though then obviously that idea is out.

What is the most convenient Feynman diagram drawing tool?

The most convenient Feynman diagram drawing tool is one that is easy to use, has a wide range of features, and is specifically designed for creating Feynman diagrams. Some popular options include FeynDiagram, JaxoDraw, and TikZ-Feynman.

Is there a free option for creating Feynman diagrams?

Yes, there are several free options available for creating Feynman diagrams. Some examples include FeynDiagram, TikZ-Feynman, and JaxoDraw. These tools can be downloaded and used for free, without any restrictions.

Can I use a general drawing software to create Feynman diagrams?

While it is possible to use a general drawing software to create Feynman diagrams, it may not be the most convenient option. These software may not have the specific features and tools needed for creating accurate and professional-looking Feynman diagrams.

Are there any online tools for creating Feynman diagrams?

Yes, there are several online tools available for creating Feynman diagrams. Some examples include Feynman Diagram Generator, QuickLaTeX, and JaxoDraw Web. These tools can be accessed through a web browser, making them convenient for those who do not want to download and install software.

What features should I look for in a Feynman diagram drawing tool?

Some key features to look for in a Feynman diagram drawing tool include the ability to easily add and manipulate particles and interactions, the ability to customize the style and layout of the diagram, and the ability to export high-quality images for publication or presentation. It is also helpful to look for a tool that has a user-friendly interface and good documentation or support options.